Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I stay about 4 miles away from where this case is, they are as guilty as sin, this is what everyone in this area thinks as well, there has been no coverage all week of this case so I’m assuming that something has happened and maybe AJ Has cracked under the pressure, fingers crossed that we may find out what happened

I have my fingers and toes crossed that one of them have done the right thing and told the truth! So many things not right about this case at all :(

In her evidence, Det Sgt Boyd said she co-ordinated a proof-of-life inquiry into Margaret, who would now be 38.

This involved her and a team contacting 244 NHS trusts, 51 police forces, 419 local authorities, 42 utility companies and 386 women's aid organisations.

They also got in touch with banks.

Det Sgt Boyd told the court she had previously been involved in a proof-of-life case for murdered businesswoman Lynda Spence.

The court heard there was no evidence of Margaret Fleming applying for any credit or a bank account.

The officer added: "To sustain living in today's society it would be difficult to manage without banking in whatever form."

Efforts were made to trace all women in the UK with the name Margaret Fleming and officers were only unable to trace or contact three.

Det Sgt Boyd added: "There have been no confirmed sightings of Margaret Fleming since December 1999."

Police found no trace of Margaret Fleming

In her evidence, Det Sgt Boyd said she co-ordinated a proof-of-life inquiry into Margaret, who would now be 38.

This involved her and a team contacting 244 NHS trusts, 51 police forces, 419 local authorities, 42 utility companies and 386 women's aid organisations.

Det Sgt Boyd told the court she had previously been involved in a proof-of-life case for murdered businesswoman Lynda Spence.

The court heard there was no evidence of Margaret Fleming applying for any credit or a bank account.

The officer added: "To sustain living in today's society it would be difficult to manage without banking in whatever form."

Efforts were made to trace all women in the UK with the name Margaret Fleming and officers were only unable to trace or contact three.

Det Sgt Boyd added: "There have been no confirmed sightings of Margaret Fleming since December 1999."

Good to see an update in MSM of the trial. I wonder what this week will bring? I just hope one of them (preferably AJ) cracks soon...
Margaret was missing all that time, yet hardly missed at all. :(

More today. There are lots of boring diary entries about everyday life in Seacroft but no mention of the crazy drug dealing gangmaster chick who picked a hole in her own head. The lack of Christmas card is also telling.

No record of woman missing since 2000

The "Margaret left" comment in the diary explains how police dated her death, I always wondered where they got their dates from.

More today. There are lots of boring diary entries about everyday life in Seacroft but no mention of the crazy drug dealing gangmaster chick who picked a hole in her own head. The lack of Christmas card is also telling.

No record of woman missing since 2000

The "Margaret left" comment in the diary explains how police dated her death, I always wondered where they got their dates from.

Finding it so frustrating that there is lots of ‘circumstantial’ evidence, for lack of a better word. There is a lot of proof that she hasn’t been living with them since January 2000 but apart from trivial note keeping and other evidences reported so far, they haven’t got anything solid to prove she is deceased so far. It will be interesting to see what other evidence they do have, I believe she has passed around that time and hope that EC and AJ do not get away with it and there is closure.

Seems Cairney liked to burn things. I always thought Margaret was dumped in the Clyde but his victim being burnt to cinders could be why Cairney seemed so cocky.

Margaret Fleming murder trial: Bone fragments found in garden

Worries me that this is how she has met her demise, although it seems they can’t prove it with these particular bone fragments. EC certainly does appear cocky. :mad:

Margaret Fleming accused cleared of fraud

Eddie Cairney cleared of fraud :( charges of fraud still stand for April. So April must have been the carer. I mean wtf, they both must have benefitted from that money...they have clearly been in this together :( Lots of other charges against them been dropped too :mad:
This is the 3rd Scottish murder trial in a row I've followed where lesser charges have been dropped part way through.

It almost seems deliberate.

Which trials do you mean LB? Obviously I know wee Aleisha but can't for the life of me think of the other one. TIA

Which trials do you mean LB? Obviously I know wee Aleisha but can't for the life of me think of the other one. TIA
Steven Donaldson...

Steven Donaldson murder trial: Lesser charges against Steven Dickie and Callum Davidson are dropped

The jury in the Steven Donaldson trial will consider only the charge of murder.

At the conclusion of Crown and defence evidence on the 19th day of the Edinburgh High Court trial against Steven Dickie, Callum Davidson and Tasmin Glass, Crown prosecutor Ashley Edwards QC indicated she was dropping five charges on the indictment against the two male accused.

An allegation against Dickie and Davidson that they abused a kitten at Lochore in Fife was dropped.

Dickie and Davidson had also faced two charges of threatening men by following them and presenting weapons on dates between 2014 and 2018, and staring at a woman and kicking her car in Kirriemuir between August 2017 and April last year.

Davidson had been accused of assaulting a man at the house in the Angus town’s Glengate, and Dickie of assaulting a woman in the Ogilvy Arms pub between February 1 and 28 last year.

Trial judge Lord Pentland formally acquitted Dickie and Davidson of the five charges.

He told the jury that although the charges against the two men had been withdrawn, the panel of eight women and seven men were entitled to take evidence before them into account in their deliberations on the remaining charge of murder.

All three accused continue to deny murdering 27-year-old oil worker Mr Donaldson on June 6 or 7 last year after attacking him at Kirriemuir’s Peter Pan playpark, and then further attacking him with a baseball bat and knife and a heavy bladed instrument at Loch of Kinnordy, near Kirriemuir and setting fire to him and his car.

The advocate depute will begin her summing up in the case on Tuesday afternoon, followed by submissions by counsel for the three accused.

Following an address by Lord Pentland, the jury will then consider to retire to consider their verdict.

Link to post/thread

This is the 3rd Scottish murder trial in a row I've followed where lesser charges have been dropped part way through.
It almost seems deliberate.

I think of lesser charges like legal ballast. The evidence for these charges all adds to the bigger picture spelling out how and why the murder happened. Doesn't matter if the lesser charges are dropped if they've helped add to the murder prosecution.

Link to report of dropped charges -
Margaret Fleming: Murder accused Edward Cairney cleared of fraud

I checked the court rolls earlier for next week and there is no listing for Edward cairney or Avril Jones, I can only assume this will be wrapped up tomorrow!!

The case is now listed for next week, but only on Tuesday, so hopefully it concludes then.
Court Roll

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190608-181014_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20190608-181014_Firefox.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1

How was Margaret's benefit paid then if she didn't have a bank account? Maybe it's been covered previously and I've missed it. This is unbelievable.

So it's £182,000 over approx 15 years. So about £12k per annum. £250 per week seems a lot. And presumably it all went into AJ's bank account as she is the one with the fraud charge still outstanding.

Last edited:
How was Margaret's benefit paid then if she didn't have a bank account? Maybe it's been covered previously and I've missed it. This is unbelievable.

So it's £182,000 over approx 15 years. So about £12k per annum. £250 per week seems a lot. And presumably it all went into AJ's bank account as she is the one with the fraud charge still outstanding.
I think she did have a bank account that benefits were paid into and AJ had the bank card for that. The police just couldn't find another account which Margaret could have used for her "new life".

Edit for link - I'm right, Margaret did have an account but Avril had the cards
Missing woman Margaret Fleming was not in control of her bank cards

I am guessing that money was most probably paid into AV’s account. My reason for thinking this is charges have been dropped against EC last week for benefit fraud, but charges still stood for AV. Maybe suggesting AV was possibly main carer & claiming on Margaret’s behalf. Due to EC age he would have been entitled to a pension.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly
Back