GUILTY UK - Maria Rawlings, 45, murdered, Romford, Essex, 3 May 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CCTV shows mum grabbed in street before she was found 'bludgeoned to death'

This article has no new factual information. Shows a map of her route.

But NB that the Sun has made the same mistake the Mail did and has shown the bushes in which Maria was found as being north of the A12, because there's a neighbourhood there known as Little Heath. The actual site of her murder is south of the A12 junction at a little triangular green with trees and shrubs, at the intersection of Barley Lane and Chadwell Heath Lane, confusingly also called Little Heath, which is the location where the home security footage came from.

Nah, is fine (I'm not insulted or anything like that ;P).
Damn, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I hope that the surgeries will help you get rid of the limitations and that your pain will go away (or at least lessen).
So cool that you're starting a degree in psychology!
Damn, you're a cool lady! I know that you can do it, you sure have a great attitude (as in positive mindset).
Feel free to message me for any reason whatsoever (and I'm gonna be active on this site, so we'll see each others name pop up once in a while). :p

Be safe out there, and I wish you and your family well (I hope that I said all that correctly without sounding weird. *_*' )
Thank you
You sound so kind
Not at all weird
X

I hope he isnt Polish as Relowicz in Libby's case:( It would be too much for me as Im from Poland

The actions of one don't defy their people. ;-) I'm Belgian... We have a history as well, so don't be sad, be you. You're already trying to do the right thing by being here, that already makes you different (like day and night!). :p

I hope he isnt Polish as Relowicz in Libby's case:( It would be too much for me as Im from Poland

The actions of one don't defy their people. ;-) I'm Belgian... We have a history as well, so don't be sad, be you. You're already trying to do the right thing by being here, that already makes you different (like day and night!). :p.

Oh my bad haha I only read the title of this link and know nothing about blond hair. TOO bad... So back to looking for other clues Sigh. And, of course the man in the bus might be absolutely innocent - we know nothing, just speculate. He might be a witness holding important info as Police said.

Is okay, it happens. There's a lot of info on this thread and we understand. Is okay, is human. :-D Good thinking, though!

Oyster card - nice name:) "The world is your oyster" comes to mind haha Is it the name of city travel company?

An Oyster card is a card where you put money on (for example £10) and you use that card to travel with public transport (you put new money on the card if its empty). I didn't knew about it either before travelling to London, not every country has something like that. :)

I like the name too, made me laugh when I first heard it as well.

An Oyster card is a card where you put money on (for example £10) and you use that card to travel with public transport (you put new money on the card if its empty). I didn't knew about it either before travelling to London, not every country has something like that. :)

I like the name too, made me laugh when I first heard it as well.
Thanks, thats what I thought. I use such card in my city - for 3 months and unlimited travel in 1 city. Its cheap and convenient. I like the name Oyster in London transport - I take it as appreciation of marine history of the country. Im a sucker for such positive attitude and patriotism.

So I just noticed the times on the CCTV and decided to check the bus timetable for that route seeing as at that time of night there would of been no traffic so should of been running on time.
He would of caught the last 364 of the night and looks as if he could of got on at Eccleston Crescent (unfortunately it’s a hail & ride before that so the bus would stop wherever someone indicates they want them too). There’s a few stops he could of got off at before another set of hail & ride stops but these are the ones which the bus is due to stop at around the time he appears to be waiting at the doors where you exit

Being very local and from what I see when he got on I think it was the Percy Road stop just after the hail and ride. Which would make sense as its the first stop on the main road as you walk back past KGH and Goodmayes hospital. When he stands up towards the door , I would imagine as the bus is turning right would be the stop across the road from my house as this is the first right turn from where he got on. That would make sense from the timings on the video.

Just catching up on the details of this case and this thread - saw the video on the news this morning - horrible. To me it does look like MR is unstable on her feet for whatever reason - my thoughts are that the perp (if he is the individual in the video which he seems to be given his clothing) has potentially committed offences of a sexual nature previously and took this one further, potentially selecting a woman in a vulnerable position out on her own at night. To me, from the video on the bus, he does looks a bit detached - he is also taking a bus (which I presume he is aware has cctv) - not wearing a mask when he could have to make himself less visible - he doesn't even have his hood up at some points. Makes me think this is his first offence of this nature (murder - if he is the perp) as he doesn't seem to be taking many precautions to not be identified - either total arrogance, he doesn't care, or he isn't all there. Good points on here about it being strange police didn't suspect foul play until after the post mortem (it seems). Points towards MR not being in a good way when the perp approached her (this is obviously in no way intended as victim-blaming - a woman in whatever state should be able to walk home without the fear of being murdered).

All MOO.

It will be really interesting to see what else comes out now, although we may need to wait until he's charged or even until a trial to get answers to some of the questions we've been asking about this man. I'm just so glad he's in custody and won't be attacking anyone else.

JMO

Do LE always release an individual's name once they've been charged? Just wondering as obviously with the SE case WC's name got into the press before he'd even been charged. Does LE have an obligation to make the name public if/when a suspect is charged for an offence as serious as murder?

Do LE always release an individual's name once they've been charged? Just wondering as obviously with the SE case WC's name got into the press before he'd even been charged. Does LE have an obligation to make the name public if/when a suspect is charged for an offence as serious as murder?

If they are over 18, they do normally release a name. It’s pretty easy to find it on court lists too.

It’s rare media report the name before a charge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024
Back