GUILTY UK - Mee Kuen "Deborah" Chong, 67, Wembley, London, decapitated in woods, Salcombe, Jun 2021 *arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Amid the fevered congregation which gathered for divine healing at a North London church in spring 2018, one woman stood out above all others.

Making her way to the front of the rented hall in Hampstead Garden Suburb, Jemma Mitchell, a softly-spoken former osteopath, announced to the 300 or so evangelical Christians present that she wanted to be exorcised of her demons.

As the pastor leading the service placed his hands on her head, she began to shake and cry, then scream hysterically before falling dramatically to the floor.

‘It was like something out of a horror film,’ recalls Keren Gjuretek, a former close friend, who was there that day. ‘What I saw completely freaked me out. She asked for everyone to pray for her and heal her but when she started screaming, people were shocked.’

[...]

Last week, at the Old Bailey, the 38-year-old murderess was jailed for life but, having refused to give evidence or even to acknowledge her guilt, the events leading up to her wicked and yet baffling crime have so far remained untold.

How does a highly-educated, apparently kind woman, who dedicated her professional life to healing others, turn into an evil killer?

This week the Mail spoke to those who know Mitchell, including a former boyfriend, in a bid to uncover the truth about the ‘demons’ that drove her to commit cold-blooded murder.

[...]

plenty of extra information in this article and some answers to questions we discussed

"Police found a 2021 wall calendar with an entry written by Mitchell for June 26, the day she drove to Salcombe, in two different inks.
It read: '8am collect body back C letter will copy 2 hr walk.'

Woman trained in body dissection 'killed and beheaded friend'
'8am collect body back C letter will copy 2 hr walk.'

I wonder where she was collecting the body from?

I don't know how she found the time for a 2 hour walk, unless that was already written on the calendar as part of an exercise regime.

I also wonder what the "C letter" part meant.

'8am collect body back C letter will copy 2 hr walk.'

I wonder where she was collecting the body from?

I don't know how she found the time for a 2 hour walk, unless that was already written on the calendar as part of an exercise regime.

I also wonder what the "C letter" part meant.
Yeah I wondered what “c letter” meant. Was it actually wrote like that or was it an actual c letter. Also what did the “will copy” part mean? hmmm

I guess it means she will do the same walk again she did the very first day when she was caught wandering around for 2 hrs with the suitcase? But why do it again? So strange.

I can’t believe she’s never spoke about any of it, not even to her legal team it seems? They had nothing to go on whilst defending her.

Last edited:
I wonder if the copy part meant her copying her victims signature.

Yeah I wondered what “c letter” meant. Was it actually wrote like that or was it an actual c letter. Also what did the “will copy” part mean? hmmm

I guess it means she will do the same walk again she did the very first day when she was caught wandering around for 2 hrs with the suitcase? But why do it again? So strange.

I can’t believe she’s never spoke about any of it, not even to her legal team it seems? They had nothing to go on whilst defending her.

collect body back - collect the body from the back garden ?

It would be useful to know which parts were written in which colour ink - Is the note actually two separate notes, logged on different days - or did her pen just run out half way through !

An average walk from Brondesbury to Chaplin is 1 hr 40 m - but she wouldn't be planning to walk any kind of distance on June 26, because that's the day she has the 24 hr car rental and needs to drive to Salcombe.

Last edited:
I think C might be someone's name, since she's capitalised it.

Yes I was thinking that too, but then I couldn't make it fit with the rest of the words. We know the body was in the back garden, so C doesnt fit there as a place name.

I also thought

collect body back C could mean collect and take body back to C - Chaplin Road ? but equally that doesnt make sense, why return DCs body to her home.

8am collect body back C letter will copy 2 hr walk.

Depending on which words you put with which it could mean any number of things, e.g. (playing devil's advocate):
  • 8am collect - early morning prayers
  • body back - move the body (to somewhere she'd been before? we never did find the answer to 'why Salcombe' afaik)
  • C letter - write a faked covering letter (for the will? for the car hire, given it had been booked under someone else's name?)
  • will copy - make a copy of the will
  • 2 hr walk - go to Kilburn High Road on foot
We might get further if we could see an image of the calendar entry but even then we'd probably always be guessing. A lot depends also on whether you think she was artless or cunning.

JMO

Exclusive: The mother of an Australian osteopath who murdered and then decapitated her friend for her million-dollar estate said she was “erratic” and broken-hearted after breaking up with her Melbourne tradie boyfriend and let “hundreds of men use her for sex”.

Imagine saying that about your daughter? Even if it was true…. I can’t imagine ever saying something like that.

The whole thing is so freaking odd.

Last edited:
There’s a BBC programme

Thanks for posting...very interesting summary of the key points of the case. Two things strike me; first that Deborah was (unlike Sheila Seleoane) very much loved and cared for and I'm glad she had a caring lodger who took the time to walk with her and one who reported her missing the day she died (not sure if it's the same person) . Second, and not for the first time, I felt amazement that Mitchell thought she could get away with it.

As far as the lack of forensics in the actual suitcase is concerned, my guess is Mitchell took with her to Chaplin Road a large tarpaulin and/or a heavy duty plastic sealable bag of the strength and qualifty used to store motorbikes outside in the winter weather. Of course Mitchell would have been aware of forensic evidence as well as being skilled in dissection. Hence the length of time she spent in Deborah's house.

I've also pondered on how Mitchell justified turning up with a suitcase at Deborah's house. Did she hide it out of sight of the front door? Or did she tell Deborah she was coming to say goodbye as she was going away for a time? Or some other excuse? The thought that Deborah may well have seen the case which would soon contain her body is absolutely chilling.
Exclusive: The mother of an Australian osteopath who murdered and then decapitated her friend for her million-dollar estate said she was “erratic” and broken-hearted after breaking up with her Melbourne tradie boyfriend and let “hundreds of men use her for sex”.

Without having read the full article, from those few comments above I wonder if the mother is now trying to justify her daughter's behaviour. Or is she still in denial?

Imagine saying that about your daughter? Even if it was true…. I can’t imagine ever saying something like that.

The whole thing is so freaking odd.
It is indeed.

I wonder what will be the fate of the house at 9 Brondesbury Park?

All MOO as always!

Last edited:
She had hundreds of boyfriends – but the last one she loved, he was lovely, very religious, he never slept with her, that's why she fell for him,'
When it ended, she hit rock bottom, she was erratic, she turned to God because he went to church.'

Ms Collard said her daughter's biggest mistake was washing the suitcase and insisted she was not motivated by money to kill as she was getting rent from a home in Helensvale, Queensland.

Mitchell’s mother transferred the family home into her name in September 2021 to avoid inheritance tax

She had hundreds of boyfriends – but the last one she loved, he was lovely, very religious, he never slept with her, that's why she fell for him,'
When it ended, she hit rock bottom, she was erratic, she turned to God because he went to church.'

Ms Collard said her daughter's biggest mistake was washing the suitcase and insisted she was not motivated by money to kill as she was getting rent from a home in Helensvale, Queensland.

Mitchell’s mother transferred the family home into her name in September 2021 to avoid inheritance tax

That's odd. Helensvale is near Brisbane, which (I think) is a good 1000 miles from where JM was based in Melbourne.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back