UK - Michael Allen, 32, stabbed outside Bodmin nightclub, Cornwall

Luwin

Reaction score

A 24-year-old man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a man who was stabbed near a nightclub.

Jake Hill is charged with murdering Michael Allen, 32, in Bodmin, Cornwall, on Sunday, plus three counts of attempted murder and two of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Mr Hill, of Jubilee Terrace, Bodmin, appeared at Truro Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.

Michael Allen, 32, from Liskeard, died after officers were called to the area of Victoria Square on Castle Canyke Road in Bodmin, at 3.15am on Sunday following a report of a serious altercation.

Police were told that someone was in possession of a knife and multiple people had sustained suspected stab wounds.

Seven other men and women were injured and were taken to hospital.

Five have since been released with two people remaining in hospital as they recover from surgery following the attack, police said.

Two women have been charged with the murder of Michael Allen, who suffered fatal knife injuries in Bodmin earlier this year. Tia Taylor, 21, of Northey Road, and Chelsea Powell, 22, of Granny’s Green, Bodmin, have both been charged with joint enterprise murder.

Along with Taylor and Powell, a third person has also been charged with murder. Jake Hill, aged 24 and from Jubilee Terrace in Bodmin, was arrested and charged with murder.

He pleaded not guilty to the charge when he appeared at Truro Crown Court and he was remanded into custody for a trial beginning November 6. Hill was also charged with three counts of attempted murder and two other counts of Section 18 causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

A man who died in a "knife rampage" outside a Cornwall nightclub was trying to break up a fight, a court has heard.
Michael Riddiough-Allen, 32, died in Bodmin in the early hours of 30 April 2023 outside Eclipse Nightclub.
Jake Hill, 25, Tia Taylor, 22, and Chelsea Powell, 22, all from Bodmin, were charged with Mr Riddiough-Allen's murder.
Truro Crown Court heard they been inside the club before Mr Hill picked up a hunting knife hidden in a hedge.
Mark Cotter KC, prosecuting, said a disturbance broke out between groups of people in the street after the venue closed shortly after 03:00.
He said six victims were either stabbed or slashed by Mr Hill who collected the blade from a nearby hedge where he had left it prior to entering the club.

Truro Crown Court heard Mr Hill bought the knife from a friend the day before for £20.

A babysitter who was looking after Ms Taylor's children on the night of the attack told the court she returned to the house with "a large group of people" at about 04:00.
"They were all silent and just looked at me," she told the jury.
"I tried to give a brief handover.
"Tia Taylor looked like she didn't understand. She seemed very drunk ... The others didn't say a word and were looking into space."

'Bleach the knife'​

The court heard Mr Hill had taken anti-anxiety medication and sleeping tablets before going to the club.
The jury also heard from one of the women who went back to Ms Taylor's house, who recalled Ms Taylor told Mr Hill that he was "going to have to bleach the knife".
She also said Mr Hill had told her and others to "keep their mouths shut".
Ignatius Hughes KC, representing Ms Taylor, denied she made the comment about cleaning the knife.
"I'm suggesting that's wrong and Tia said no such thing," he said.
The trial continues.

What on earth happened here? The reporting from Cornwall Live has been excellent so far, new twists and turns with every update.

I must have missed this one. CCTV of JH rummaging through the hedge trying to find his knife using the torch on his phone then CP & TT come in right at the end of the clip. What's that all about?

This article also mentions that it's a Joint Enterprise case.

I'm really hooked on this case, unfortunately (for me) it looks like no-one else is? I've even done some sleuthing on it!

Anyway, the latest is:

- Tia Taylor changed her plea to guilty on the PtCoJ charge, and is now seemingly no longer on trial for murder or manslaughter either (presumably the reason this is being withheld from the public until the end of the trial in order to not prejudice the remaining 2 defendants. I would be absolutely astonished if she changed to plea to guilty of murder).
- Jake Hill's attempted murder charges have now been downgraded to wounding with intent.
- The case against Chelsea Powell remains the same.
- The Crown has rested, Jake Hill has been on the stand for the last two days. He's got a lot of explaining to do!

I keep forgetting to look for updates on this, so thank you

I keep forgetting to look for updates on this, so thank you
No problem! I'm just baffled by what on earth these three were thinking and why they made these extraordinarily poor decisions.

The best explanation I can come up with is they're just stupid immature zoomers who can't handle their drink, drugs or babymama drama and threw themselves headfirst into a mass drunken brawl, with one of them stabbing 6 people, including one of his best friends!

JMO

No problem! I'm just baffled by what on earth these three were thinking and why they made these extraordinarily poor decisions.

The best explanation I can come up with is they're just stupid immature zoomers who can't handle their drink, drugs or babymama drama and threw themselves headfirst into a mass drunken brawl, with one of them stabbing 6 people, including one of his best friends!

JMO
Sounds about right!!

Listed as sitting tomorrow. May even get a verdict before close of play?

The Crown Court
at Truro

Daily Courtroom List for Friday 08 March 2024
FINAL 1​

TRURO
Court 1 - sitting at 10:00 am
THE HONOURABLE MRS JUSTICE CUTTS
Trial (Part Heard)

U20240080HILL Jake 23/6/98 POWELL Chelsea 1/6/01

Well this is strange. The journo at Cornwall live appears to have written a very lengthy detailed article about the trial in preparation for the verdict being announced. And has posted it… without reporting the actual verdict!

The article actually ends with “Today the 12 members of the jury have found *advertiser censored* guilty / not guilty of *advertiser censored*.”

:confused:

That should be the letter ‘X’ times three where the defendant’s name and charge are

The link doesn't work now and I can't see any other updates!

Finally!

A man has been found guilty of murdering a rugby player in Cornwall.
Jake Hill, 25, stabbed Michael Riddiough-Allen, 32, outside Eclipse Nightclub in Bodmin on 30 April 2023.
Chelsea Powell, 22, from Bodmin, was found not guilty of murder and manslaughter, but guilty of doing acts tending and intended to pervert the course of justice.
Tia Taylor, 22, also from Bodmin, initially denied three charges but pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
She also admitted doing acts tending and intended to pervert the course of justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiza87
Back