VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BienickWCVB

The jury returns. She tells them they already have all the available evidence. Then she begins reading her amended instructions about how to consider the vehicular manslaughter/OUI charge.

The jury was not present for the earlier debate about the language of the manslaughter verdict. Some of them seemed puzzled. They may be wondering what the change is and why.
So this means they can only use the actual testimony of the SERT team guy?

Sounds like they're discussing "finding" the first tail light pieces.

Gobsmacked. Wow.
AJ raised the lot of it on cross. One reason I was hoping jury may be able to have selected read backs of some of that testimony but maybe the absence of the sert report speaks for itself. There were zero evidence logs made by proctor for the evidence he was in charge of per testimony elicited by AJ. moo

Posted on X an hour ago:
https://x.com/SueNBCBoston
@SueNBCBoston

I’m here at the Karen Read trial.I didn’t get into the courtroom this AM, despite being #10 yesterday at 4p & having line sitters.All will be revealed in my book.I was checking with some sources about verdict slips in MA

Lower court judges inform me they have “guilty” “not guilty” on their verdict slips.

Shortly after deliberations resumed Wednesday morning, jurors sent a question to Judge Beverly Cannone

1719421455640.png
12:40 PM · Jun 26, 2024

Yeah it was the Special Emergency Response Team report. Her reply was that they could request it but they couldn't get it. Not sure why?
If the report wasn't presented as evidence, the jury doesn't get to see it. It would open the door to appeal because the CW is presenting evidence the defense didn't know about and/or challenge.

As for SERT, the jury was told by the Judge "you already have all the evidence in this case and will not be getting anything additional."
That is so wroSng. She should have advised them that it does not exist.
They need a read back of AJ's cross of sert guy I suppose. I don't understand how jury were meant to note everything in the complex testimony and crosses of countless state witnesses. But I did think judge told them there was no such report in evidence, Need to check

I wonder why the jury thought there was one? So they were supposed to write up a report but just didn’t?! Or they did but somehow it suspiciously didn’t make it into evidence?

The lead detective should have been on top of this! Oh right…they complete investigations as one big anonymous blob. They don’t need no lead detective.

Maybe some jurors said there wasn't one, and some said "No...there HAD to be one...I think we missed it...."

IMO MOO

As for SERT, the jury was told by the Judge "you already have all the evidence in this case and will not be getting anything additional."
That is so wrong. She should have advised them that it does not exist.
I was thinking the same thing. This leads them to believe there is one IMO. I didn’t watch all of the closing but AJ reminded the jury of this absent SERT report? They weren’t able to take notes but apparently none of them remember AJ going over it, this doesn’t seem great.

Edit: It’s the “additional” part. Just leave it at “you already have all the information in this case.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member