VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@KristinaRex

We're back in court -- no jury. Just the attorneys approving the new verdict slip. The new slip will now be sent into the jury and the old verdict slip in front of them will be removed. Judge is also sending a transcript of her supplemental instruction about charges.

12:50 PM · Jun 26, 2024

There won't be any jury questions taken from 1-2 while court takes lunch. Jurors have the option to continue deliberating through lunch though.

12:51 PM · Jun 26, 2024

The problem is such report does not exist.
The defense has been requesting that same report for years.
I wonder why the jury thought there was one? So they were supposed to write up a report but just didn’t?! Or they did but somehow it suspiciously didn’t make it into evidence?

The lead detective should have been on top of this! Oh right…they complete investigations as one big anonymous blob. They don’t need no lead detective.

I wonder why the jury thought there was one? So they were supposed to write up a report but just didn’t?! Or they did but somehow it suspiciously didn’t make it into evidence?

The lead detective should have been on top of this! Oh right…they complete investigations as one big anonymous blob. They don’t need no lead detective.

I believe there wasn't an evidence log for months

@BienickWCVB

The judge and attorneys return to the courtroom. Both sides agree to the amended slip for the vehicular manslaughter/OUI charge. The judge says they will send the amended slip to the jury and remove the previous one.

The judge reminds the attorneys that the jury has been told they cannot ask questions or return a verdict from 1pm-2pm. Enjoy your lunch.

Did anyone get an update on x? My sister just called and said the verdict is in?
She may have mistaken this for the return to the court room for the change on the form.

@KristinaRex

To be clear, there is no SERT report from that night 1/29 in evidence in this case.

12:13 PM · Jun 26, 2024
Well there's a point for the jury to consider in the light of defense's case and AJ's closing? I expected there to be a report as standard protocol, Forgotten there wasn't one and its absence was raised on cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum