Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the PF sonar guy ever been in the water? Does he actually do diving activities himself? It seems to me he spends time in front of cameras or screens and remains remarkably dry.

IMO

He will be posting all of this alongside eating in high end restaurants with his model girlfriend on Instagram
. I do wish he would leave this to the police. MWT is a marketing machine that doesn't solve crimes.

I mean if you want a guy to make a documentary about the case - that's his thing. Just don't expect it to be accurate - see Pistorius.

Has the PF sonar guy ever been in the water? Does he actually do diving activities himself? It seems to me he spends time in front of cameras or screens and remains remarkably dry.

IMO
He was sat at the front of the boat watching the screen while the boat was driving up and down. Also sat in the operations van managing the operation / observing footage.

I agree. With the one that was seen the following day, was he carrying any equipment as with the previous morning?

Another question I have - Is it usual to set up very early to fish? Eg. Do anglers tend to head out early for a better chance of a good catch, or is timing irrelevant? Just trying to ascertain whether being out at that time is in and of itself unusual, especially without all the usual gear so we can assume they weren't setting up for a long day at it.
I think the witness said he was driving at the time so would be passed relatively quickly. He might have only seen one man, the other maybe just out of sight. It might not even be the same man.
Needs to be checked but sounds a bit weak to me

Hoods up because it was cold- not trying to hide. I can't see anything sinister in this.

You may be right but, with respect, you were not the witness so didn't see it. It was a suspicious turning away to hide his face that led to the arrest of Donald Nielsen, the Black Panther.

Most likely just fishing without permits but it still merits being checked out.

"While the witness acknowledged that they may have been fisherman, he felt on edge as 'they seemed to want to hide their faces'." (BBM)

Local saw 'hooded men trying to hide faces' near Nicola Bulley route

Police should publically state - if this is a line of enquiry that the fisherman wont be charged on illegally fishing, this way they can come forward without worry.
We dont know that they havent already been identified and/or come forward though do we? This is the issue when people go to the media with information, police are mindful as to what they release to both protect people who are not suspects and the integrity of the investigation. It puts them in a tricky spot as well as if they were to release a statement regarding this it would sort of confirm they believe there were 2 people with fishing apparel in the area, which seems far from certain? JMO.

From the transcription of the police press conference on Monday 6th February:

“I would ask that anyone who was driving/cycling through St Michael’s last Friday morning and who has dashcam footage to get in touch with us if they haven’t already done so. I would also ask in fisherman who may have been in the area at the time to make contact if you feel you can assist.

But when you read the article, you find he was called in by himself.

Former SIO Graham Hill ( & Research Fellow at Leeds Univ ) has been speaking on this topic recently on TV channels, will see if I can find some clips, but for now....

ETA
can't find a clip but here's a link instead I’m a detective & there are Nicola Bulley updates that cops aren't telling public – here's why probe is so difficult

The leading abduction expert said: "It must be extremely difficult for the investigation team. These are critical incidents and police forces train for these situations.

"There are lots of things happening right now that the public isn’t aware of.

"All the speculation and people coming forward and suggesting things - perhaps they’re trying to be helpful - but the art of dealing with these incidents is dealing with a lot of information quickly.
"They are assessing everything, looking into it, making decisions and taking action very quickly.
"Obviously that gets much harder when the investigation team is getting awash with lots of information.

"I feel for the people for trying to do the job but I understand why the family is getting frustrated. The police are damned if they do and dammed if you don’t.
"They say she’s in the river and they get criticised, they say she may not be in the river and they’re criticised."

Dr Hill added that the public scrutiny into the investigation had made everything "much harder" for the cops.
He continued: "I’ve run these investigations - and If I was the senior detective charged with running this investigation I would not be very happy.
"Everything that is going on is making the investigation much harder.

Last edited:
Police should publically state - if this is a line of enquiry that the fisherman wont be charged on illegally fishing, this way they can come forward without worry.
that's a great, constructive suggestion

eta - if they have not already come forward as @hedgetog astutely points out ( 6 Feb - 13 feb)

@cottonweaver

In response to your reply to my post on the other thread.

Apparently I need to clarify my question: I am aware of all the links to other drowning cases on these threads, I’ve read many of them.

What I have not seen and asked you or any other poster to provide is an example of a drowning case where a body was found 11 miles downstream 2 weeks later.

And they were seen the day before Nicola went missing.
I could get more hopeful if it were the same day. But nope. It wasn't.

Edited to add: apparently one of them was seen the same day she went missing too.
Don't know if these men are a red herring or not. If they had fishing rods with them, they may be deemed to be genuine. Fishing equipment would just get in the way if abducting someone.
It was the same day...AND the day before...around the same time both days

Apologies if this has been raised before.

Several years ago a teenager disappeared whilst on a walk along river. Camera caught someone on a bike coming from opposite direction.

So police knew something happened. They searched the river for days and eventually found remains that had been covered by wood, sticks and other materials, weighing the body down. The perp was found hanged in trees nearby.

and where was the bike found?

@cottonweaver

In response to your reply to my post on the other thread.

Apparently I need to clarify my question: I am aware of all the links to other drowning cases on these threads, I’ve read many of them.

What I have not seen and asked you or any other poster to provide is an example of a drowning case where a body was found 11 miles downstream 2 weeks later.
yeah. I understood, it's why I said try the Websleuths search function.

So using the Websleuths search function will take you to examples other posters have already mentioned - across the 12 threads
I just used it & got this:

For those fixated on the dog being dry-theres a video uploaded to YouTube with a woman whos been searching the river area with her springer who loves a swim. She took it to that exact spot and the dog would not jump in, it refused.

Similarly when I take my dog to a spot where we walk him on the edge of town, its a huge ditch but he has to jump off the ledge to get down-he wont jump where its too high for him to jump back up from the other side.
I watched a springer in the background of a live sky news broadcast from the scene run and jump into the water, retrieve it's stick and then effortlessly get out again.

For those fixated on the dog being dry-theres a video uploaded to YouTube with a woman whos been searching the river area with her springer who loves a swim. She took it to that exact spot and the dog would not jump in, it refused.

Similarly when I take my dog to a spot where we walk him on the edge of town, its a huge ditch but he has to jump off the ledge to get down-he wont jump where its too high for him to jump back up from the other side.

I watched a springer in the background of a live sky news broadcast from the scene run and jump into the water, retrieve it's stick and then effortlessly get out again.

So we have 2 different dogs reacting differently. Let’s put the whole Willow reaction discussion to bed now.

More about the two hooded characters in the area the day before NB went missing:

The witness, who did not want to be named, said the men were "carrying fishing rods" and "were trying to hide their faces". “It was very strange. It made me uneasy," the witness told The Sun.

The two men were spotted at around 7.45am on the day before Ms Bulley vanished. The witness said "they could just have been two normal fishermen" but "they seemed to want to hide their faces, which struck me as odd".

From The Independent this morning, although they seem to be referencing The Sun as the source.

I am in the process of catching up after a busy weekend so forgive me if the same has been commented.
It could be that they didn't have a licence to fish (hefty fine) or they were stealing the fish. I live in an area where there is a huge issue with people stealing the fish for eating (which is illegal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd