Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember from the press conference that the police mentioned the call NB was on, was more of a standard, regulatory type call. The way I read it, was that the call was for several people to listen in on, for information, maybe regulatory landscape, or new products, interest rates, new deals with main banks, whatever. It would not have been a call where NB got some personal bad news (e.g. lay offs, deals fallen through etc.)
I was told of my redundancy during a staff meeting with others there...not over the phone but it was still a shock as it wasn't done privately and nobody had any inclination about it!

"Specific vulnerabilities" could just mean she needs her insulin or an asthma inhaler or something, surely.

The four possibilities if someone disappears in these circumstances would appear to be:
  • fell into river and did not survive - possible, but no evidence, and failure to find her is increasingly puzzling
  • self-harm - as previous
  • absconded - does not seem likely; sure to be missed almost immediately, and there would probably be evidence of her having prepped for such a move
  • abducted - again, does not seem likely as sure to be missed, and again, absence of evidence puzzling
I can't recall a case where every possibility was - or with the passage of time became - improbable.

yes my paraphrasing not her exact words

she added that this relates to the continuous appeals for cars for dash cam driving thru the village including Garstang or wtte ( I don't have exact wording)
Sorry I thought she’d got it wrong again

I seem to remember from the press conference that the police mentioned the call NB was on, was more of a standard, regulatory type call. The way I read it, was that the call was for several people to listen in on, for information, maybe regulatory landscape, or new products, interest rates, new deals with main banks, whatever. It would not have been a call where NB got some personal bad news (e.g. lay offs, deals fallen through etc.)
Indeed, and presumably others who were on that call have been asked what was said.

Two things I picked up on today:

1. The Telegraph describes the press conference as "heated". I watched a few seconds of it - but it didn't seem particularly heated. It's interesting that the Telegraph picked up on this - there's been recent criticisms of the police handling of this case, and something I questioned very early on. Perhaps the police are getting a bit defensive in the face of some tough questioning.

2. We are now told that the person who found the phone also phoned the Vet for help (see screenshot). I didnt know this - did others know this? My understanding was that the lady who found the dog initially walked off, phoned her daughter who then phoned PA. This is the first mention of this phone call to the Vet AFAIK. What is strange is that my understanding was that the lady recognised the dog, and therefore knew how to get in contact with the owners - but the phone call to the Vets suggests she didn't know who owned the dog. Am I getting confused here, or do the waters get more and more muddy with every police presser (no pun intended).

View attachment 403041

EDIT: I think the woman being referred to here is the other person who saw the dog alone, not the lady who eventually called her daughter for help.
As far as I’m aware, the lady who found the dog and phone, informed her daughter some time after. The daughter then contacted the school, not PA. The school then called PA

It doesn't sit well with me. Why bother logging in to the work call if you were suicidal? She didn't have to log on, she chose to. She didn't have to arrange a play date. To me these are not the actions of a desperate person. This for me rules out the idea of self harm. I know some may disagree, but to me, you don't listen to a non compulsory work call before jumping in a river ...

Speculation about other areas of vulnerability, but still doesn't sit well ....

I was told of my redundancy during a staff meeting with others there...not over the phone but it was still a shock as it wasn't done privately and nobody had any inclination about it!
How horrible for you. In the past couple of weeks I’ve frequently wondered if Nicola’s evening meeting with her boss might have been for a similar purpose. Absolutely no evidence of that, just MOO.

I am idly wondering if someone who works in finances could get themselves or their family members into trouble by getting a larger loan than was appropriate. Possibly something which looks good at the time but changes when market conditions, inflation and interest rates fluctuate.

IMO it's possible this could be a major a very stressful position to find oneself in.

Don't have any debt myself and live in a very small boat but I know some people are prone to over reaching.
"Specific vulnerabilities" could just mean she needs her insulin or an asthma inhaler or something, surely.

The four possibilities if someone disappears in these circumstances would appear to be:
  • fell into river and did not survive - possible, but no evidence, and failure to find her is increasingly puzzling
  • absconded - does not seem likely; sure to be missed almost immediately, and there would probably be evidence of her having prepped for such a move
  • abducted - again, does not seem likely as sure to be missed, and again, absence of evidence puzzling
I can't recall a case where every possibility was - or with the passage of time became - improbable.

<modsnip: not victim friendly >

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion the detail about the vulnerability has not been released because it is connected to the family rather than something just about Nicola such as her having an illnesss.
Yeah I think the police would need to be very careful to not reveal something which might further fuel some of the awful speculation on SM.

Indeed, and presumably others who were on that call have been asked what was said.
I'm very sure they will have and also told not to engage with the press or anyone else about it. If someone is feeling very depressed the smallest thing could send them over the edge. Something simple like things aren't as good of late, profits are a bit down, no pay rises this year... anything like that could put the tin lid on things if your life is already going badly. I'm just surmising of course! They said specific vulnerabilities which indicates more than one issue. Also did anyone else notice they said gone in the river rather than their usual fell in the river? That struck me

Not yet being found in the water does not make either scenario involving her going in to be any less likely. The passage of times does make the other non water scenarios less likely.

People in rivers can often not be found for weeks and months.

That's the first we've heard of it afaik which means that the collar didn't have the legally required tag with the owner details IMO

Is that legally required? When I had a dog I was advised against putting my phone number on her by someone whose dog was kidnapped.

It doesn't sit well with me. Why bother logging in to the work call if you were suicidal? She didn't have to log on, she chose to. She didn't have to arrange a play date. To me these are not the actions of a desperate person. This for me rules out the idea of self harm. I know some may disagree, but to me, you don't listen to a non compulsory work call before jumping in a river ...

Speculation about other areas of vulnerability, but still doesn't sit well ....
This is 100% my line of thinking. If you're in a severely depressed state (speaking from experience), you wouldn't have the brain power/motivation or wherewithal to do these things. Obviously everyone's different but (assuming NB has a history of depression/mental illness), I just can't see someone "acting as normal" like this. One would likely be consumed by brain fog and very distracted by their own thoughts. Again, this is speaking from my own experience and when I've been at my lowest ebb. The idea of logging into a non-compulsory work call is absolutely the last thing I'd want to be doing in that state of mind.

The anglers call it a deep hole and there is a sign on the tree saying DEEP WATER in red text. IMO this is a clue.
I've posted about this multiple times, Its a 'deep hole' from a fishing perspective. Not because its an 18ft deep death trap. She didn't go over that weir, its impossible IMO.

At this moment, about 10 pages of this thread have been posted since this morning’s press conference. The vast majority of posts center on the nature of the “specific vulnerabilities” that immediately classified N’s disappearance as high risk. Exactly what LE asked people not to question at the press conference. And 100% predictable.

Why on Earth mention the vulnerabilties? Apparently it was an attempt to justify why they think she’s in the river. While some may be placated by the explanation, FAR more people are now wondering what was going on behind the scenes.

How could they not know they’d get the exact opposite reaction from what they wanted.

That poor family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member