Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
High risk of course doesn't mean "suicide" is more likely, it might mean that it makes it more likely to have a fall or more likely to get lost which seems to me more likely why you would fixate on the river. If the phone/ dog/ car had been found by a bridge, or the sea, then yes obviously, but by a river that she knows, I would be more inclined to think the high risk pointed to accident.
SHE is a high risk missing person. Not the series of potential events.

The “high risk“ label may be nothing more than the fact that disappeared on a Teams call, leaving her phone and dog indicates she didn’t intend to go missing.

I don’t know what the police are trying to imply with “specific vulnerabilities” - but one would think that if she was suffering from mental health issues or if she had recently experienced bad news - that would increase the possibility that she could have walked away from her life as much as falling/jumping in a river.

Last edited by a moderator:
The “high risk“ label may be nothing more than the fact that disaPPE wrong on a Teams call, leaving her phone and dog indicates she didn’t intend to go missing.

I don’t know what the police are trying to imply with “specific vulnerabilities” - but one would think that if she was suffering from mental health issues or if she had recently experienced bad news - that would increase the possibility that she could have walked away from her life as much as falling/jumping in a river.

The last point is true, which is why I suspect they might have more that points to just wanting to end things rather than a fresh start.

And I know she sent texts etc - it’s not unheard of though for someone to intentionally depart without wanting it to look like they didn’t…. It’s often easier for the ongoing legacy for loved ones.

after the press conference today -
I wonder why PA in his C5 documentary said he want police to search every house/garden/garage etc??:confused:

maybe because she wasn't found in the river ?

Hi all. I've been following every post but I've been conflicted on commenting. My opinion keeps changing & I will admit I am heavily swayed by PA's as well as the friends who spoke to the press, however we all know in times of grief that people will not be thinking clearly. The picture seems to have changed somewhat since the presser now the word 'vulnerable' has been added I am back to believing the river could sadly be the case. It will be interesting to see if PA speaks further.

Speaking from experience, I have found myself by a river on a couple of occasions. One after taking some tablets as an act of self harm. And another time after a horrific meeting with my boss and my route home took me directly along a river bank (not dissimilar to the Wyre). I felt strongly compelled to walk in or jump, I was wandering about in a confused circle. A friend found me by pure chance but I was so distracted and hysterical at that point in time I could easily have walked in as a reaction to a circumstance - entirely unplanned in broad daylight. I was not thinking about friends, family or my dog at home. Had my dog been with me I suspect I'd have been much more focused (as I am when I'm home with him and have had similar thoughts). Maybe that's why I've become obsessed with this. There is no rulebook of course for human emotions/ reactions. I am not saying I believe this is what happened to NB, just that there is not always any 'planning' or even intent.

Incidentally, the river I'm referring to was where a body of a teen was missed by police who repeatedly searched the same stretch for a month. His parents lashed out about the delay in finding him at the time. The bit that really throws me is how adamant PA and friends have been against this theory and it confuses me even more to learn that the information that she is vulnerable came from PA. He also said in the C5 interview that he was worried and sent her a message, I did wonder when he said that if he had reason to be worried. I also feel if she had any physical health issues this would have been reported.
All I can think is NB was potentially distracted by a message, something said in the meeting that suddenly changed her *seemingly* happy demeanor,and very sadly some sort of misadaventure occured. I don't believe this was planned if she did somehow find herself in ther river, but we can never truly know how someone feels in a moment in time. I am still confused by Willow's actions or lack of and feel (if this hasn't been done) that a dog expert would have been beneficial as opposed to anyone who knew Willow. Of course this is all JMO and I am speculating based on events in my own life, though I still think a 3rd party is possible.

Can anyone clarify as I'm still confused and found todays press statement wasnt really any clearer explained than the last presser with regards the 09.33 to 10.50 segment of the timeline . The person(s) who found the dog/phone/ harness who was originally in a rush to attend a meeting/appointment so tied the dog up with string/rope/the dogs leash(unclear) to bench despite dog found running agitated between gate and bench before her ringing her dil who rang the school who alerted PA. Now includes further statement to include they also rang a vet (who couldnt help )prior to contacting dil ?

Last edited:
'She would never have left her children/dog' 'She was so happy' these comments make it quite clear how little people understand about mental illness. People do leave their children and their dogs, families and they do take their lives. Which is why suicide is such a tragedy. Imo
I agree.

Fifteen years ago my outwardly very laid back DH who was struggling with mental health issues that none of his family - including myself - were aware of, took himself off in his car to a secluded spot and tried to take his life with over the counter painkillers. Fortunately for everyone involved he was found by a close family member who was out searching for him and he survived.

I still have the note he'd left for me and our son, in which he stated we'd be better off without him.....

The last point is true, which is why I suspect they might have more that points to just wanting to end things rather than a fresh start.

And I know she sent texts etc - it’s not unheard of though for someone to intentionally depart without wanting it to look like they didn’t…. It’s often easier for the ongoing legacy for loved ones.

What I meant was if they believed she had vulnerable mental health - that would increase the possibility of going intentionally missing - which would open up possibilities other than simply falling in the river which they have focused on - (eg evading CCTV and walking off.) So it doesn’t really make sense in terms of the direction of the investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it not the case that there were originally 2 people who saw the dog alone?

The first thought nothing of it and carried on, the 2nd had a meeting to get to so hurried off and then phoned her daughter later?
@philthesaddler am not aware of that. I could well have missed that information. Do you have a source I could look up, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay