Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we all know stories get embellished and with her personal information now exposed it adds weight to any story published. You can bet your bottom dollar anyone who has a tale they want to spin it will be far more salacious than simply NB is going through the menopause and necks a bottle a night
UK newspapers do not report on anyone’s medical issues as per the IPSO rules. Similar rules have been in place since 1992. The only exceptions are with the permission of the subject or if they are selling their medical story, as celebs often do to raise awareness or give the interview fee to charity.
UK newspapers do not photograph children without parental permission, whether the kids of a prince or plumber, which is why children faces get pixelated from, say, Facebook posts. The IPSO rules are worth a read. The reporting of Nicola has been of her struggles with alcohol, not necking bottles, and reported sensitively. The police press conference made the drink/menopause able to be reported.

Interesting theory. For some reason I’ve never considered NB getting out the other side. Would this be possible? If so, where would she go?
This is my suspicion too.

From the first I heard of the case the phone, dog & harness just happening to be by a river with a Deep Water sign seemed like a 'plant' and with the Teams call, the text to a friend etc it all seemed like a scene being staged for a disappearance.

With an eye to make it look like an accident for life insurance maybe - to ensure the kids would have money and be looked after JMO.

I think the river is fairly easy to ford at certain points between the bench and the weir - once across I suspect you can either head up behind the church to Hall Lane or over to the lane that leads to the 'abandoned house'.

An accomplice would be needed though to a) help with the getaway - transport, change of clothes etc and b) to provide food and shelter away from the public/police/media eye.

The only things really against this were NB leaving her children and Willow but with the recent vulnerabilities I suspect she may have reached the point she could walk away.

Yeah, I think it’s easy to slate people like this as self interested, which is probably true, but that isn’t to say they also don’t want to genuinely help to find Nicola and do their best for the family too. The goals aren’t mutually exclusive.
Absolutely.
but I take a lot of what he says with a pinch of salt just because - over the c 10 years have been registered on WS & following some high profile cases he's reported on - that he does have a record for making claims which are not supported by the facts

BBM

This gentleman isn't the white fluffy dog man at 9:10 he is the man mentioned by the 9:33 witness as coming through the gate after her.

What is now very confusing is he states he recognised Willow and NB's phone - this is at 9:33 so why did nothing get reported until 10:50?

This raises an interesting point. If the gentleman came through the gate onto the field and saw the phone/harness/dog at 9:33, he presumably continued his walk around the field and then ended up *back* at the bench/gate some time later. Willow would by then be tied up, the phone and harness unmoved, and still no sign of Nicola Bulley.

Even if you didn't think anything was suspicious the first time, wouldn't you wonder what was going on if you came back some time later and the owner of the dog and belongings still hadn't returned?

BREAKING

Police to face questions over Bulley disclosures​

Police will be asked about Nicola Bulley health disclosures to ensure they were necessary, information commissioner says

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

Police release of Nicola Bulley’s personal details ‘as sexist as it comes’​

Former victims’ commissioner Vera Baird says revelations likely to hamper future missing person cases

The release of sensitive details about the missing woman Nicola Bulley was “as sexist as it comes”, the former victims’ commissioner has said, as Lancashire police come under further pressure over their handling of the case.

Dame Vera Baird condemned the force’s “dreadful” decision to divulge medical information about Bulley, saying it was “the biggest error that I have seen for quite a long time”.

This raises an interesting point. If the gentleman came through the gate onto the field and saw the phone/harness/dog at 9:33, he presumably continued his walk around the field and then ended up *back* at the bench/gate some time later. Willow would by then be tied up, the phone and harness unmoved, and still no sign of Nicola Bulley.

Even if you didn't think anything was suspicious the first time, wouldn't you wonder what was going on if you came back some time later and the owner of the dog and belongings still hadn't returned?
Maybe the code to the gate into Rowanwater caravan park is widely known by locals and he exited that way. I think the white fluffy dog man did that.

I think perhaps if this was stated at the very beginning we wouldn’t be here now. Which would be a good thing honestly (as in we’d be none the wiser to the menopause/alcohol chat). Maybe that information would have been enough for the press not to digging on that particular part.

It’s just a mess, poor NB and her family.
I think the media would have found out about the alcohol/menopause issues and the welfare check either way and would have reported it as "Breaking News." At that point LE likely would have had to release a statement anyway.

I think it was better coming from police since tabloids tend to sensationalize and speculate, whereas police give only the facts.

It is the speculation that causes the harassment of innocent people on sm. This is what police are concerned about, imo.

I think it would have been irresponsible for them to reveal any mental health issues from the beginning without gathering more information from the family. We also don't know how when they investigated her medical history and if they even had access to that in the beginning.

I still believe what I've believed from day one - that it is a tragic accidental drowning. The recent revelations have only added to that belief, because given what we now know about NB's health, ie, that she perhaps was not as fit and healthy as she appeared to be in photos from last year, plus the last CCTV image of her looking quite frail IMO, lead me to think that if she had slipped, fallen and say, hit her head and rolled into the water, she might not have had the strength to get out again in time to survive. I absolutely don't think she would have left Willow running free and then walked off elsewhere to enter the water voluntarily. All MOO.
I tend to agree but I also know from experience how sometimes your mind is so alien to you that it’s possible she committed suicide. I had postnatal ocd after my daughter and many times I thought everyone would be better off without me. Anyway, it’s not about me. I just hope they find her.

Mr Edwards said personal details should not be "disclosed inappropriately".
"Police can disclose information to protect the public and investigate crime, but they would need to be able to demonstrate such disclosure was necessary," he said.

John Edwards said data protection laws exist "to ensure people's personal information is used properly and fairly".

So LP shot from the hip with this one rather than - over the past three weeks - consulting with people who know on these matters to ensure that the release of information was legal and morally right?

A "vulnerable person due to depression or mental health" would have been much better imo.

Bumping this post from the media thread because I just noticed that @Allabouttrial has transcribed the latest press conference. A humungous effort - must have taken many hours to transcribe.

The Old House opposite is not "abandoned" and has apparently been searched by police with the authority of the owner. It might look abandoned but someone will be keeping an eye on it..

Not my type of paper at all but I believe this is MSM..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck