Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is that if a woman is attacked, kidnapped, and disposed of or simply missing under strange circumstances and she happens to have hormonal issues or an alleged substance abuse problem, does that make it okay for LE to assume she caused her own death/disappearance and close the investigation? Absolutely not! MOO
Bit of a consequence though. Welfare/police were at the house on Jan 10th and now she's missing. How much bad luck can someone have?

On the contrary, it makes a lot of difference! If the basic facts on the first hour of her disappearance can't be sorted out and got straight, what hope is there?

That first hour has had so many people, and phones in different places, bench, ground, bench, ground, dog running wild, dog at gate, dog out of harness, dog tied up with string, dog not tied up. It's an absolute farce!

There has never been one definitive timeline and evidence report from that first hour or two....and it needs to happen!
Lancashire Police can issue one. Surely they must have one themselves... they can't be as unsure about the first hour as we all are!
The timeline up until the time of her disappearance matters. By the time the dog was tied up, whatever happened to Nicola had already happened.

The basic thing I can't see with an abduction is why the phone was not simply thrown in the water.

Possible reason would be if it was dropped IF the missing person was jumped on from behind the shed and it was too awkward to go back and get it.

IMO "the phone moved towards the bench area" Is very intriguing language. Almost like police know something happened like it being dropped but can't quite get enough data to show details.
The phone moving toward the bench was consistent with witness statements. She normally held the phone in front of her so there was nothing suspicious about it's movements.

On the contrary, it makes a lot of difference! If the basic facts on the first hour of her disappearance can't be sorted out and got straight, what hope is there?

That first hour has had so many people, and phones in different places, bench, ground, bench, ground, dog running wild, dog at gate, dog out of harness, dog tied up with string, dog not tied up. It's an absolute farce!

There has never been one definitive timeline and evidence report from that first hour or two....and it needs to happen!
Lancashire Police can issue one. Surely they must have one themselves... they can't be as unsure about the first hour as we all are!
I have been reading some of the initial police reports. I know timelines can change due to new witnesses etc but the initial statements are completely contradictory to the later ones

Police Facebook Update 30.1.23

Nicola was last seen on Friday morning (January 27th) at around 9.15am on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.
?seen on the footpath around 9.15 not upper field?

First Police Press Conference
Police - I'm here today to appeal for witnesses in the case of Nicola Bulley. This is a 45 yr. old lady, from the local area, who sadly went missing last Friday morning at about 9.15 a.m. She was last seen walking her small brown dog on the towpath of the River Wyre. The dog was found about an hour later, as was her mobile phone.
?Found an hour later not 10mins?

Reporter - And was the dog tied up or...?
Police - No, the dog was loose and the dog was between the river and the bench
?not gate and bench?

Reporter - Where was her mobile phone found?
Police - Mobile phone was found on a bench near the riverbank

Where need these initial statements come from? it can't be all these things. Which was it?

I have been reading some of the initial police reports. I know timelines can change due to new witnesses etc but the initial statements are completely contradictory to the later ones

Police Facebook Update 30.1.23
Nicola was last seen on Friday morning (January 27th) at around 9.15am on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.
?seen on the footpath around 9.15 not upper field?

First Police Press Conference
Police - I'm here today to appeal for witnesses in the case of Nicola Bulley. This is a 45 yr. old lady, from the local area, who sadly went missing last Friday morning at about 9.15 a.m. She was last seen walking her small brown dog on the towpath of the River Wyre. The dog was found about an hour later, as was her mobile phone.
?Found an hour later not 10mins?

Reporter - And was the dog tied up or...?
Police - No, the dog was loose and the dog was between the river and the bench
?not gate and bench?

Reporter - Where was her mobile phone found?
Police - Mobile phone was found on a bench near the riverbank

Where need these initial statements come from? it can't be all these things. Which was it?

Good work!

I understand her friends defending her and I agree, those types of comments are unnecessary and to me, uneducated too.

I am hesitant to disclose IRL I have a drinking problem as I know people will immediately assume I can’t be trusted with looking after children or behind the wheel of a car, and some will even assume I am violent or abusive. None of those things are true. I’m a professional middle-aged woman with a fairly high-stress and long hours job. I’ve never been violent or arrested in my life, nor have I ever driven after drinking — ever. I have however lost jobs, damaged my relationship, and worried those around me due to my drinking habits. I’ve drank in the morning, passed out at work, and at the lower end of the scale, somehow managed to get lost a couple of streets from home.

So this is the risk with the police’s “alcohol issues” disclosure. I totally get it, but yes, a lot of people don’t. People don’t understand drinking problems can be of all different types. Based on her friends’ comments, I imagine Nicola avoided drinking when in the care of her own or other children, and probably didn’t drive drunk either. I suspect as many do, she wasn’t constantly obsessed with drinking or drinking all the time but looked for “windows” to abuse alcohol. In fact drinking when working from home when the kids were at school would strike me as a decent “opportunity” if my head were in a certain place, especially if I had a “good excuse” to go out and be by myself like dog walk / Zoom call. “Why would you drink when you should be working?” — well it would seem more logical to me than drinking when the kids are around and you’re driving. Drinking on a Zoom call, maybe could get away with it and no harm done.
I totally get it, and liked your earlier post about it very much too; because, as you point out, NB's 'significant issues' don't sound to me like a 24/7 thing, but more along the lines of some very-over-the top binge sessions that have disrupted her and Paul's home life and routines quite a bit, and maybe her work as well. I'm not suspecting her of drinking whilst out on her 'school run/walk the dog' trips. I think that would have made PA anxious every time she went, and there's no indication that he was anything more than mildly puzzled, for the bulk of the time until he got the phone call.

I'm seeing quite a bit of discussion about who tied up the dog, but I don't see how it's relevant. We know that the dog was found running loose initially. Who cares who tied her up? It makes no difference.

Snipped.

Wouldn't that depend on NB's intentions? If she staged the scene to make people think that she had been abducted or had fallen into the river, then leaving the dog loose could have been deliberate.

There are places in that park where NB could have been abducted easily and pulled into a vehicle, but the bench where the phone was phone does not appear to be one of them based on the maps that have been provided, and the timing is so tight that it would have been virtually impossible for an abductor to stage the scene.

Right now I am leaning towards a voluntary disappearance from the park itself, possibly followed by suicide in another location.
Don’t ask me why but I am thinking dramatic act as a cry for help but still alive.

From the same Mirror link I shared a few posts ago:

""There are police drones too and police cars everywhere."

Pictures taken at the scene today appear to show a member of the public speaking to an officer, while pointing towards the River Wyre, as well as a police helicopter at the scene."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb