Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madness isn't it?
I watched the same Sky reporter say on Sky NewsLive earlier as he read out the LP statement that everybody needed to consider the family's privacy right now.
By all means Inzaman can text PA (trust me in these cases the family gets close to the media) but to then disclose his response is a disgrace.

Guess we may never know. I have always doubted that she would have followed up a work call by leaving Willow untied and then jumping in. The phone and harness left near the bench have always implied a sudden interruption to NB's routine to me. Rushing towards the dog for whatever reason. But who knows? It's all terribly sad.
DBM - I forgot UK inquest results are public.

Guess we may never know. I have always doubted that she would have followed up a work call by leaving Willow untied and then jumping in. The phone and harness left near the bench have always implied a sudden interruption to NB's routine to me. Rushing towards the dog for whatever reason. But who knows? It's all terribly sad.

Yes I agree that’s problematic. It’s problematic either way - as I question whether there’s enough time to chase a dog, fall in, try and save yourself, fail to cry out, drown, and sink without a trace all within 12 mins.

This is disgusting for the Media to post.

These dog walkers are probably already distraught without having their images all over the press

As a country we do seem to have plumbed new depths in this case. MSM, SM, tiktok sleuths harrassing locals, and today rubberneckers pulling over in their cars to eavesdrop as the body was being shown to police !!

"Before the discovery was confirmed, a witness said: 'I drove down Rawcliffe Road for almost a mile. I noticed a man and a woman and two police officers on the embankment.
'I pulled off at about 11.50am and I heard the man talking to police about something in the undergrowth.
Police cars were flying down the road with the blues and twos going. A police officer pulled up a few minutes later and got his drone out.
'Five minutes later the police helicopter arrived. Officers then asked to me get out so I moved 200 yards down the road."

--> DM

By all means Inzaman can text PA (trust me in these cases the family gets close to the media) but to then disclose his response is a disgrace.
These inquiries usually go to a nominated person, ranging from a lawyer, police liaison officer, priest, or impromptu pr person like a family friend. the finding of Nicola should be acknowledged today/tonight, without harassment. I think it would be odd not to see a sentence from the family to mark what has happened. the family will make longer poignant tributes in the sad coming days.

Last edited:
Yes I agree that’s problematic. It’s problematic either way - as I question whether there’s enough time to chase a dog, fall in, try and save yourself, fail to cry out, drown, and sink without a trace all within 12 mins.
Yes, see what you are saying. Guess if she did hit her head that may have sped up the process somewhat. It's horrible.

I recall PF did mention not being able to search reeds but surely if visible from the river bank the body would have been from a boat?
I just hope the post Mortem doesn’t show third party involvement. The location to a road and the lay-by above the reeds does then start the cogs whirring. RIP and thoughts are with her family

Don‘t forget that when bodies first drown they drag along the bottom - and then after some time start to float. So basically she’s surfaced recently I guess.

My question is then why was the harness found between the bench and the river..
Someone mentioned earlier that she may have staged it to make it look like an accident so easier on family, ie making plans for the week, left phone on bench mid call, harness between bench and water - then left Willow on that side of gate so could not follow her up to a deeper part, and explains why the dog was apparently going back and forth/looking through the gate.

Time will tell once, tragic whatever the cause transpires to be, those poor girls and her partners/family/friends.

Based on watching police type documentaries FLOs are very much a thing in English police forces.

I dont think they move in with families but are there to help them through the situationand keep them up to date with what's happening. When people talk about them they always do it positively

JMO
FLOs were introduced by the Macpherson Inquiry after the death of Stephen Lawrence and the poor level of cooperation between the police and the family during the investigation. They do not live with the family but are often there more many hours a day. It is a difficult and harrowing job, vicariously living through the trauma the families are enduring. This can a commitment for many months and often the FLOs need counselling themselves at the conclusion of the case. In this case it is likely the FLOs will remain assigned to the family in the run up to the inquest and potential review of the case. They are not just there for tea and sympathy but are part of the investigating team charged with being a conduit for information and intelligence between the family and the investigators. They truly are unsung heroes.

I imagine this could happen in seconds

Well you can imagine anything. But it takes a while calling a dog to bother to get up and go after it by the river’s edge, it takes a while to drown in calm still water particularly when it’s only 2-3 ft deep at the sides.

Once you start to drown it can be very quick but you’d have to grt to that point first.

10 January

Police and health officials visit Bulley’s home address in Inskip in Lancashire after a report of “concern for welfare”.

No arrests are made in relation to the incident, which was a result of her “issues with alcohol”, but it remains under investigation, police said.
Shame on msm. It has never been worded this way by Lancs Police or the family.

I just assumed the reporter had bonded with the family when they were keen to raise awareness, so reached out and asked for a quote as to be expected by a reporter given the news today, so PA replied knowing what he says would be published - as they have a friendly media relationship, rather than PA treating it like texting a friend and expecting it to remain confidential.

I imagine with the weight of her clothes, plus the weight of her body, plus the cold weather its took some time for her to surface. The tide and relatively warm weather today could've made the difference in the process of gasses surfacing the body and the location where it was found. JMO

DM reporting it was the body of a blonde haired female tangled in the reeds .

Nicola Bulley's family are 'heartbroken' after a body is found
“But two walkers spotted the body of a blonde woman tangled in reeds on Lancashire’s River Wyre before noon yesterday

Sloppy reporting, as ever, from The Daily Mail. :rolleyes: :mad:

I've prev stated my full theory about NB tripping when reattaching Willow's harness but I'm holding off on further comments unless there are any shock developments.

A formal identification may not have been released but I imagine the family will have a fairly good picture from the police already. They know what NB was wearing and she has distinctive front teeth that won't have been hard for the police to identify (tentatively) even with a cursory inspection IMO.

I'm grateful that this case, however heartbreaking, has also cast a light on other cases that haven't been given the attention they deserve by the media.

My thoughts are with the family. A truly tragic case. Peace and love to everyone on the thread. I hope to see you in other discussions as we continue to shine our empathy where it's needed.

Thinking about PA, why do you think he was so convinced that she wasn't in the river? Maybe bought into what PF said too much?

I mentioned this early but deleted as it was disrespectful to the family in unlikely event there would be reading this thread.

PA and Emma White both said they didn't believe she was in river but I think that was just a coping mechanism of hoping beyond hope she was still alive and out there somewhere. Just accepting she was in the river means sadly she's dead which is the outcome here.

You always want to believe the least worst outcome until it's no longer possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3