Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
#MISSING | Have you seen Nicola Bulley, who has gone missing from home in Inskip?

Nicola, 45, was last seen at around 9.15am today (Friday, January 27th) on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing she was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where we believe Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information about where she was going.
Lancashire Police

Nicola Jane Bulley FB page
Nikki Bulley - Mortgage Adviser - FB page

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

Welcome to all our new members who have joined the discussion. We were all new once and it takes a while to learn all the ins and outs, become familiar with our Terms of Service, and generally how Websleuths rolls. New members MUST read The Rules that they agreed to upon registering at Websleuths.

Multiple posts have been removed or snipped for violating various rules. Please keep the following in mind when discussing Nicola's case:

1. Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case. Do not victim blame or shame or make judgmental comments about them.

2. No sleuthing or insinuations/accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI/suspect by LE. At Websleuths every family member, every parent, friend, etc. is considered a victim unless they are an officially named POI or suspect. Do not sleuth people or make inappropriate comments about them.

3. Members can not bring “comments” by the general public into this discussion. What you "heard somewhere" or "read somewhere" "think you heard", etc. is NOT an approved source. If you can't link it, you can't post it. They are considered rumor and your post will be removed and members may face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

4. Information stated as fact must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact, otherwise the post will be removed, along with all responses to it. If you aren't sure if a source is approved, please use the Report feature to ask for approval before discussing any of the content.

5. All images, including screenshots, require a link to an approved source. If you can't provide a link from MSM, LE or another approved source, don't post it.

6. STOP replying to obvious violations of TOS. If you do, then we have to moderate the original post, and your post, and anybody who replied to your post, and so on and so forth. Report, don't reply to TOS violations.

Thank you.

MOD NOTE:

Folks, please remember information stated as fact must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact. If the comment is your opinion only, you must state that as well by using IMO, MOO or a similar variation. It is not only against TOS to post without a link or a disclaimer stating it is your opinion, it is also rude to the reader to have to go 46 pages back find the link or guess whether it's a fact or your opinion.

Posts that violate TOS will be removed along with all responses to it. Please read The Rules and familiarize yourself with Websleuths' lingo.

All images, including screenshots, require a link to an approved source. If you can't provide a link from MSM, LE or another approved source, don't post it.

If you aren't sure whether a source is approved, please use the Report feature to ask for approval before discussing any of the content.

Thanks!

There was a previous drowning in the same river 20 yrs ago although 6 miles away. That body was found half a mile upstream. This Daily Mail article explains.

"her parents say there is no evidence of her falling into the river"
Lots of new info in that story. Doesn’t appear she had any MH issues. Interesting comment here:

I asked the Sergeant from Fleetwood a few days ago, 'is there any chance of her being taken' and she said 'I don't think that's the case'.

"I said 'how can you know that?', it's such an isolated area, the only way that has happened is if it was someone who knew her."

Very interesting.

I wonder why they (parents and partner) haven’t done a television appeal for information.

I feel like it would be hard to drown in the river on a week day morning (i.e no alcohol, tomfoolery etc involved)

But obviously that assessment would change if there was an accident - e.g you faint, slip and bang your head etc

"her parents say there is no evidence of her falling into the river"

Interesting bit regarding her work and state of mind (BBM)

"Recalling their last conversation, he said: "Her mind was great, we picked the children up the Thursday before she went missing, as we do every Thursday.

"We took them home, Nicola had had a meeting with her boss in Garstang and she said can you stay a bit later because I have an important client coming in on Zoom. We said 'no problem' and stayed.

"She had done her work and she was very upbeat about getting her mortgage sorted."

Lots of new info in that story. Interesting comment here:

I asked the Sergeant from Fleetwood a few days ago, 'is there any chance of her being taken' and she said 'I don't think that's the case'.

"I said 'how can you know that?', it's such an isolated area, the only way that has happened is if it was someone who knew her."

Very interesting.

I wonder why they (parents and partner) haven’t done a television appeal for information.
From this article, if her parents collected the children on Thursday, as they do every Thursday, then she would not have been doing the school run on Friday, presumably.

From this article, if her parents collected the children on Thursday, as they do every Thursday, then she would not have been doing the school run on Friday, presumably.

I think more likely they collected them and took them to their own (ie. NB's) house until NB got home, rather than sleeping over at grandparents on a school night.

I think more likely they collected them and took them to their own house until NB got home, rather than sleeping over at grandparents on a school night.
Yes I agree it states

‘"I said we better go now and Nicola came to the front door, and I gave her a kiss and told her I loved her and that was the last conversation I had with her.”

So they were obviously at NBs house and left that evening.

Source - Devastated parents promise to never stop looking for mum-of-two who vanished

The interview with her parents certainly makes a MH issue seem more unlikely. NB was happy and in good health, had booked tickets to watch her daughters perform and was planning on a spa trip with her sister. Of course, things can quickly change, but the notion of her self-harming seems a very low probability. JMO.

For me, the speed of response from the police is key in this case. Something must have triggered them to act so immediately. But what? I suspect they are withholding info, and must have good reason for doing so. MOO.

The house across the river, <modsnip> seems like a big red flag to me.

If the river is shallow enough to wade across, as seen in some of the photos of the police wading beside boats, could an individual have tempted Nicola across the river, <modsnip> pretending they need help, and then brought her by force through the gate to the property? A previous poster pointed out the access gate is nearly opposite the bench.

You can see from the aerial photos it's a massive house. Apparently "abandoned" but the owner was in to answer the door. Nicola did the same route almost every day.<modsnip - speculating negatively about a person who has not been named a suspect or POI>

If the river is shallow enough to wade across, as seen in some of the photos of the police wading beside boats, could an individual have tempted Nicola across the river, <modsnip> pretending they need help, and then brought her by force through the gate to the property? A previous poster pointed out the access gate is nearly opposite the bench.

You can see from the aerial photos it's a massive house. Apparently "abandoned" but the owner was in to answer the door. Nicola did the same route almost every day.<modsnip - speculating negatively about a person who has not been named a suspect or POI>
Yeah I do wonder if the abandoned house has more to do with it than we're thinking. It does all seem a bit suspicious, <modsnip - speculating negatively about a person who has not been named a suspect or POI>

I don't really think she'd go into the water willingly though esp while leaving her phone and dog lead on the bench. It's possible somebody could maybe have dragged her over there tho?

It is a very interessting theory and one i had discounted due to the vagueness of the reports but i think anything is possible at this time.IMO

I certainly think the property needs searching now we are aware of a door.
What a horrible thought ☹️

Her parents stayed with Children at Nicolas and then went back to their own home after Nicola had an important Zoom call.
Nicola would still take children to school on the Friday morning.

I've been reading about this to see what's happening. I can see they're searching the water, that doesn't mean she's not there, we all know how water can work.<modsnip - not victim friendly>

From what i've gathered, she's in a good job and had closed a good deal recently so work shouldn't be an issue but who are we to know.

Is it possible that she lets the dog go for a swim? and that's why the harness was removed? To me, it makes sense if she was sitting on the bench with her phone with the dogs lead and harness beside her while the dog runs in and out of the water?
I can only imagine, for whatever reason, that she ended up in the water - it's a possibility.

The police don't seem to be leaning towards 3rd party involvement and that's the only possibility I can think of in this instance.

5 days is a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members