Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that article it’s not very clear what Tuesday they are talking about ‘Friend Emma White said on Saturday (today) that the Fitbit had not been synced to a device since Tuesday. Ms Bulley disappeared last Friday.’
I guess time has stopped for them all since Nicola went missing

Sat here reading everybody's comments and it's just occurred to me, that there is absolutely no evidence of anything. No CCTV to suggest NB was even walking from the school to the bench, no CCTV of her driving the car to the school, no real photos of what she was wearing, was the phone and harness even on the floor - who knows, no evidence! <modsnip> What was NB doing the night before? We don't know - what was her life like prior to this? We don't know.

<modsnip> JMO.
Exactly so does this mean she entered via the way with no CCTV? Also, the fact there isn't no evidence or signs of anything untoward doesn't rule it out. Look at cases like Claudia Lawerance and the estate agent who was never found. It can and does happen. But as you say its very odd to not have no cctv of her of which to share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you’re absolutely right. The bank is on an extreme slope and is very, very slippery. The water at that part of the river is around 16ft deep and is tidal. It’s a highly dangerous part to fall into, especially in winter.

It’s absolutely tragic, but I can’t understand why some people are insisting the exact opposite to what the police believe happened.
Because the police only believe she fell in. They don't have any evidence she did.

And for all they know, she could've been abducted or co-erced elsewhere.

Evidence is key. Let's see what her Fitbit and/or Strava say.

Ok but that was the Elbe which is navigable by large ocean going container ships!

A huge river with powerful tides.

Not at all comparable.

Sure, but the snagging issue is still totally relevant, on the surface or underwater. The police have suggested any body may have cleared the weir (maybe very quickly) so may be much further afield, unfortunately. It won’t necessarily be a quick find is my point.

JMO

LE are asking people not to speculate as to what has happened to NB as it may cause harm or distress to the family.

Yet.

LE saying NB has fallen into the river appears to be causing the family more distress as the family appear to be sceptical as to that outcome and must be racking there mind with all kinds of thoughts and theories themselves.

Seems the family are being told to just accept NB is in the river and slowly but surely this case will just go quieter and quieter.

If foul play is involved, it's actually chilling to think how easy it is to get away with adbuction/murder in the 21st century UK in broad daylight in your own community.

Madness.

We still don’t know if she had a personal mobile on her. The other phone could have been a work phone. JMO.
But if that was true it would mean she had a working phone and Fitbit 4 days later, surely they would be able to get a location if that was the case.

ETA: would it also not be a big development and headline news across all media and not just one publication

Just watched it and she never mentioned a ball?

What’s more, I can’t understand how a friend would categorically know Nikki was no longer letting Willow play with a ball on walks? If Nikki said that to her frIend it could have been in jest as nearly all dog owners allow their dogs toys when out for walks. The whole thing gets crazier…

<modsnip - no source link to verify information posted as fact>
Unless NB said in all seriousness that they don’t take a ball anymore because (insert reason)
I often have met up with at least 10 dog owners at the same time at our local park with our two dogs and not one of us had a ball/toy. Then at the other end of the park there occasionally would be one owner and her dog (a collie) with a ball.

Long time lurker on this thread.

I fail to see how a fit and young healthy women could fall into this river and not get back out ( surely the bits near the edge are shallow)
there's been multiple posts on this re; cold water shock, physiology re drowning, people's experiences of getting into trouble in water in less dangerous conditions, NB's layered clothing and shoes.

Sure, but the snagging issue is still totally relevant, on the surface or underwater. The police have suggested any body may have cleared the weir (maybe very quickly) so may be much further afield, unfortunately. It won’t necessarily be a quick find is my point.
Yes, and 16 to 18 ft. deep in the spot in question. Hope they have sonar they can use to check it out if they haven't yet.

I asked before about the date for this (which Tuesday)
But if it needs to be within 100ft of phone to sync it can't be the Tuesday after NB went missing as the police then had possession of her phone
Has it just got to be phone it’s in range of OR any other Bluetooth device the Fitbit has ever been connected too? Seriously I need to get tech savvy this is confusing me?

.But as you say its very odd to not have any cctv of her of which to share.
I hear what you're saying. Other people walking that way have been picked up on camera, so why hasn't Nicola.

I hope the police check every house in the area to see who has a Ring doorbell. .I'm sure this new potential witness the police want to trace (lady in yellow jacket pushing a child's pushchair) must've come from a Ring doorbell camera.

I took the fitbit information to mean that it hadn't synced since the Tuesday before NB vanished. Mine does that sometimes. It gives me a weekly step figure every Monday but if I forget to check that it has synced sometimes it will say my weekly steps are something daft like under 10 000 and when I look the app hasn't collected the data and the days totals for the last 4 or 5 days are all blank. If you then manually force a sync it catches up. I can't see how they can collect data from a fitbit that hasn't synced because it will have lost charge by now IMO

Also, things keep changing all the time which indicates mistakes in timelines.

Secondly why did they not tape the whole area off and treat as a crime scene? Most kind of evidence would or could of been destroyed by now

The police ideally need to ask the owners of this property at least.

3 houses up from the entrance to Allotment Lane there is a house with possibly three cameras.

Possible ring doorbell, and 2 IP Cameras fixed to the front and corner of the property.

Highlighted here. Source: Google Street View - Blackpool Lane
High quality version here

There is also another Ring Doorbell Camera on Blackpool Lane at the bungalow that is almost directly opposite Rawcliff Road next to the house under offer.

I am not convinced it’s what happened to Nicola because I think her body would now have been found, but drowning in shallow water can occasionally happen. Falling into a river isn’t like falling into a heated pool. Nicola could also have had a totally unanticipated medical emergency at the water’s edge.
multiple cases cited where bodies aren't discovered for days, weeks, months or sadly ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice for Brenda Goudge