Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting the belief is she is still in the water. I'd hoped the press conference was a sheild in order to retrieve the body from the river. Get the vultures in one room out the way. Not the case though.

Yes i watched the conference as well there is no garstang lane, there is Blackpool Lane A586 as you have stated and garstang road. I believe apple maps names the road differently to google maps this was discussed in previous threads. I dont think i worded my message that well in the first place however IMO
Garstang Lane is the riverside path leading to the inner/upper field it's not a road. You won't find it on Google Maps. That's the mistake I was making. But if you listen to SI Riley she clearly said Garstang leading to A 586. Garstang Lane is the red dotted line on the screenshot provided.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207-175700_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207-175700_Gallery.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 37
I just had a thought about press conferences and things that the public is told about crimes: is it at all possible that the police have pushed the idea of their accident theory because, if they did think a third party was involved, they don't want that third party to have any idea that they are looking for them and are hoping they'll make a mistake?

It was just a thought I had. I think the information that is released to the media is never the full story and could sometimes be used for more than just information-giving. (Maybe I watch too many films though...)
The search will be costing thousands of pounds.. I doubt the river search is just a ‘cover’. It would be an irresponsible use of resources.

I also thought it was interesting she said they believed Nicola "had been" in the water. So, something is telling them she had. But if not the fitbit data, I wonder what.

Press Conference Video
I think this will be because the dog harness which was found on the river bank was wet. This would be because the owner had gone down to the edge to get it, slipped into the water accidentally then thrown the harness onto the bank so as to be able to use both hands to get out of the River.

Very sadly, IMO, this attempt to get out was not successful.

It's awful but IMO she is in the deep hole part of the River somewhere. There is a fair chance that sonar is not the answer for this. I don't care how much the computer kit cost it is how well it works in reality that matters rather than the dollar value.

(Edit for typo)

Huge respect to the Moderators.

My feeling is that she ended up in the water as the result of an accident. I hope the search teams find her so that, as sad as it is, she can at least go home, and there can be some degree of closure for the family.

But for some reason, I am not optimistic. This reminds me a little of the Corrie McKeague case, in which the landfill he should have been found in was searched extensively and yet his remains were not located. Which settles nothing and leaves everyone involved in an agonising state of not knowing for sure.

seeing this video of the area she was supposedly last seen or thought to be with the dog i don’t believe for a second she fell in the water & drowned, whether she actually ever entered that section of the park is debatable as it seems so staged, the witness statement by the woman in the red coat is vital in this as to whether is 100% accurate or not
I believe the lady in the red coats told the police that she didn’t see NB.

I’m wondering if, given the time stamp of the lady in the red coat and from the evidence and the other witness statements if the lady in the red coat NOT seeing NB that morning came as a surprise.

From the press conference a question was asked around whether anything had been obtained from her fitbit, and she said "That remains ongoing, but nothing so far".

Press Conference Video
It's an interesting nuance and one that I'd like to bring focus too.

"That remains ongoing, but nothing so far" with regards to any data being obtained FROM the Fitbit.

Whilst also :

"Some of the specific information and the lines of enquiry they've been undertaking include ... " "... Digital and telephony. This includes Nicholas Fitbit and mobile phone, which has been fully examined".

To me, this heavily implies they haven't been able to get any data from the Fitbit, but there was a period of time where the Fitbit was still visible to a Bluetooth scanner.

Gut feeling is this particular piece of evidence is driving a lot of the theory that NB is nearby.

I think this will be because the dog harness which was found on the river bank was wet. This would be because the owner had gone down to the edge to get it, slipped into the water accidentally then thrown the harness onto the bank so as to be able to use both hands to get out of the River.

Very sadly, IMO, this attempt to get out was not successful.

It's awful but IMO she is in the deep hole part of the River somewhere. There is a fair chance that sonar is not the answer for this. I don't care how much the computer kit cost it is how well it works in reality that matters rather than the dollar value.

(Edit for typo)
Interesting points

It's insignificant IMO in light of a lot of other inconsistencies which are more crucial
Agree but taken with other inconsistencies it's an indication of not-quite-100% attention to detail overall, which is concerning in a case like this. There's no reason to get a detail like that wrong now as we have all seen the CCTV images of what NB was actually wearing. These slips and small errors are all part of the bigger picture. JMO.

Just watched the press conference. Still the details of NB's appearance on that day are not being given out quite correctly, because 'socks tucked into jeans' is not the same as 'jeans tucked into socks' which is what you can see on the CCTV. JMO.
Yep, I noticed that too. The Superintendent seems a wee bit imprecise with language. JMO

I really don't get this 10 minute window for her to disappear. She was seen 9.10 in field, LE know her phone was on the bench 10 mins later due to info from phone (if NB who put it there) but then phone not found until 9.33. So was from 9.20 until 9.33 that's a 13 mins window and if it wasn't NB who placed those things there it was 23 mins from when she was seen. Going with the 13 mins that is definitely time enough to knock her out and move her from the bench area and take her somewhere close by. The alarm wasn't raised until an hour later so during that hour there was plenty of time to drive off with her etc or keep her in a derelict building let's say and move her at a later date if hidden well enough. It just doesn't add up to me how the Police can't see this could be a crime.
I don’t think it’s that they can’t see that it could be a crime but that there’s no evidence to suggests it is at the moment.

Garstang Lane is the riverside path leading to the inner/upper field it's not a road. You won't find it on Google Maps. That's the mistake I was making. But if you listen to SI Riley she clearly said Garstang leading to A 586. Garstang Lane is the red dotted line on the screenshot provided.
Yes so that’s the path she entered the fields on, which we said in earlier threads - looks quite wooded along there. Still struggling to see how any perp would have got her out of the area unless in a car on Blackpool lane (and without being seen at all). IMO.

That doesn't mean she wore them every day for every call. The official description of what Nicola was wearing did not include earphones and we have no way of knowing if she had them on or even with her when she went missing.

MOO
Didn't say she did!

The search will be costing thousands of pounds.. I doubt the river search is just a ‘cover’. It would be an irresponsible use of resources.
Well, it's still an extremely valid avenue to have to eliminate and one of the only concrete theories, so regardless of cost they have to. I don't mean that it could be a total cover, I just mean that maybe they are looking into other theories more than we think but are just not publicising that as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper