Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the police give the answers in the video a PP posted upthread. It seems to be sadly, simple. Highly sensitive and as they say, they are in a very difficult position as can't yet fully explain, even to Peter F, why they want to look closer to the sea.

They acted immediately, faster than usual. NB was seen in the area of the bench and they are carefully checking to see when she might have exited, as the explain, by looking at all the data they can get from cars passing by in a specific time window. The river can be accessed from different points.

They will give context and any relevant back story, etc, just not yet. They have to be respectful and sensitive, keep confidentiality until an appropriate time.
so could this imply suicide or mental health issues?

Huh? What's all that about?
The plot thickens!
I think we all have to accept that each of us has something in our lives we would not want plastering over the papers and thankfully, privacy laws go some way to protect us, not enough though IMO. The family need protecting too from everyone knowing their business and would be catastrophic for their wellbeing. Just thinking about the tragic case of the Epsom Surrey head being found dead along with her husband and child. Already snippets of information coming out that will be so difficult for those left behind. Coping with grief is hard enough without people gossiping about their marriage etc.

They did say they have info they are not disclosing.

What it could be to make them so confident that A: NB is in the water and B: no suspicious circumstances.
Great question. If it was an accidental drowning, there’s no info they’d need to keep secret. If someone abducted or drowned her there would indeed be “suspicious circumstances”. Which leaves thinking she did something to engineer her own disappearance. But if she snuck out of town they wouldn’t believe she’s in the river. Which in my mind just leaves suicide by drowning. Perhaps she left a note, which would eliminate a spur of the moment leap. But who would take their beloved dog along if planning to jump and risk it getting lost or hurt alone?

The “info they’re not disclosing” combined w/your A and B statements above seem like the null set.

JMO. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I agree that sensitive information shouldn't necessarily be shared with the public but from what we've heard from family and friends they seem none the wiser. Perhaps they aren't all privy to the info but you'd think the police would have discussed this with her immediate family. Not sure what other sensitive information they would have that they wouldn't have shared. Entering the river further down doesn't fit in with what they've been saying

There are so many things that could be relevant but very sensitive. Past medical history eg a history of seizures, fainting, heart conditions. Which means that her risk near water is higher than average. Her mental state at the time. Someone having reporting seeing a body/coat in the river at some point.

Disagree. Nicola is a mum, daughter, partner. The public just need to know what the evidence points towards and how they can help. Whilst sleuthers may wish to know every detail, it doesn’t actually help Nicola or her family for police to reveal everything, be it to public or anyone else. I’d be furious if private info was being sensationalised during my anxiety and grief, remembering children will be able to look all this up one day :/ the very fact PF goes to chat to his journalist friends every single day is reason enough not to tell him further details imo. He’s there to exclude a body in the river, not to lead the investigation or update the public appetite…
Exactly.
Just because PF is now assisting in the search does not mean he is entitled to every single detail of a truly extensive investigation involving so many agencies of all descriptions or that those details are relevant to his particular search.
I don't for a minute think police acted hastily, they're far too professional.
10 days, multi agencies, vast searches, mega investigation is actually enough for them to draw a conclusion on her most likely location while they continue to investigate every possiblity and thoroughly. The amount of manpower required to contact and trace 700 vehicles must be massive.
Realistically nobody can truthfully say that all the stops have not been pulled out here.

Makes me feel a bit ill but if there is a perp they could very easily be reading all these conversations and SM theories.
Could public speculation, theorising and sleuthing be affecting the behaviour of a potential perp in an unhelpful way.
Is this one of the reasons the police keep saying to stop? As well as the obvious effects on NBs loved ones
I always wonder too if a perp from any case has been found to be lurking on WS

Disagree. Nicola is a mum, daughter, partner. The public just need to know what the evidence points towards and how they can help. Whilst sleuthers may wish to know every detail, it doesn’t actually help Nicola or her family for police to reveal everything, be it to public or anyone else. I’d be furious if private info was being sensationalised during my anxiety and grief, remembering children will be able to look all this up one day :/ the very fact PF goes to chat to his journalist friends every single day is reason enough not to tell him further details imo. He’s there to exclude a body in the river, not to lead the investigation or update the public appetite…
I kinda disagree with this for a couple of reasons. First of all, it really depends on what that info is that they're (possibly) holding back. So if we imagine a scenario where they did think it was a possible attack/crime, they should be letting people know that they should be cautious. Then in addition to that, in cases where something has happened those details can be potentially important to know so that it makes people more aware in the future. Then also, something they know (eg. some evidence of one of her family members being proven not guilty) could actually help there be less speculation and less accusations towards the family/friends etc.

Ok I think I understand the implications… perhaps there were some deleted searches on the phone (or other device) which have taken a while to recover.

Sadly, suicide is also all too common. I am the same age as NB and 1 friend/ 2 acquaintances have taken their own lives. Really tragic and in all cases the spouse had no idea it was coming, but perhaps only with hindsight they unpicked some clues. The latter two were middle aged women, mothers, intelligent, beautiful and seemingly lived wonderful lives. It is so sad.

Not saying that is what has happened here but I am sure this will be a theory the police will explore.

I kinda disagree with this for a couple of reasons. First of all, it really depends on what that info is that they're (possibly) holding back. So if we imagine a scenario where they did think it was a possible attack/crime, they should be letting people know that they should be cautious. Then in addition to that, in cases where something has happened those details can be potentially important to know so that it makes people more aware in the future. Then also, something they know (eg. some evidence of one of her family members being proven not guilty) could actually help there be less speculation and less accusations towards the family/friends etc.
This arose from a question in the presser regarding PF's opinion that she was not in the river and why it differed from the police opinion.
The simple response was that the police had more information. Obviously. They have worked on it for a much longer period of time. He is not privy to their entire investigation. They do have several teams of experts in all fields. He is a searcher.
They know more and have access to better intelligence. Obviously.
That is all, quite simply.
I've linked the presser, here it is again..

To me it seems like the police are being too reactive rather than proactive. It's like they are just waiting for evidence to fall on their laps. If she has been taken it is likely that is was planned to ensure no evidence was left.

I agree, very good call. I thought exactly the same thing and she clearly loved animals. As all the best people do in life. A splash a yell would likely result (?)

I feel strongly now that as the police have flagged the gravest sensitive context/back story & data on all of this, and are seemingly so adamant about Nicola being nearer the sea, that THIS is exactly the key. Think about what we know and who has been interviewed and how they have reacted in the light of this, quite carefully. Some have been criticised, even, (unfairly) for being impersonal, numb even angry. How might you react if you feared the worst and then seemingly had that confirmed in your mind?

The answer therefore may lie within the video upthread I believe. The focus on the cars/dash-dam, main road exit, and all the resource focus here, shows they believe a good chance Nicola exited here. The focus on the area towards the sea, which is currently foxing Peter F as seemingly makes no sense, she CAN'T have travelled there, he says. Oh, but she can IF this is closer to where she really entered the river.
How would she get there though?

I always wonder too if a perp from any case has been found to be lurking on WS
I never really thought anybody read Websleuths. I thought it was just a sleuthing collective.
Then, at the end of the YingYingZhang case not only did the chief witness for the prosecution join us but an actual member of the prosecution joined. They thanked us personally and had read everything. And that case moved as slow as paint drying for two solid years.
I was fairly new and only about 3 people were posting.
It was a Federal Death Penalty case.
Not only were they watching but they took heart from it.
The outcome was unsatisfactory and some of us, myself included were utterly despondent. It's the case I will never forget. And always regret.

I could not believe it. It really opened my eyes about the vast responsibility we have for the words we use.

Websleuths is respected because we are victim friendly and the rules are really tight along with the ethos.
I have heard stories of perps being here.

I personally know and interacted with some on other groups.

Speaking as a UK citizen, a reputed nation of animal lovers, I do wonder if this case would still be making news a week later if there was not a dog involved.

I recall a bombing in London around 1981 when some ceremonial soldiers on horseback were killed by a car bomb. I cannot remember the names or even the number of soldiers killed, but I can still remember the name of a wounded, surviving horse: Sefton.
Maybe...or just a sober reminder that any of us could disappear when conducting a normal, mundane routine - kids to school, sign into work, walk the dog...

Last edited:
IMO, the issue with PF is not that his skills and team are/could be beneficial in the search for Nicola/answers/clues/pointers but the way his is conducting himself outside of that regards the media and the way he is constantly courting the media all the time rather just doing his job and applying his certain field of expertise. It cancels the the benefits his work is adding to the case if hes presenting theories, opinions and changing them on the hop all the time. There are a lot of other professionals involved in this working alongside the police force in question yet none of them are acting the same way at all. He is at risk of turning into a liability for the case if he continues apparently fanning the flames of the social media circus the way he keeps voicing opinions and theories/definite outcomes as facts then doing a 360 on that and presenting the opposite. He needs to just do his job and leave the media courting out of it. On SM people are treating him like an touchstone of truth and dismissing the police professional search/diving teams that have worked the case longer and are privy to far more undisclosed (to the public) facts than him. I hope he changes tact and just employs his skills via searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro