Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
#MISSING | Have you seen Nicola Bulley, who has gone missing from home in Inskip?

Nicola, 45, was last seen at around 9.15am today (Friday, January 27th) on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing she was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where we believe Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information about where she was going.
Lancashire Police

Nicola Jane Bulley FB page
Nikki Bulley - Mortgage Adviser - FB page
Nikki Bulley - Strava Runner Profile page

Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* THREAD

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

3 Feb 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here.

All members are expected to familiarize themselves with Websleuths rules found here, and also linked in my signature.

We aren't going to reinvent the wheel by repeat posting of all the rules, reminders, the Dos and Don'ts.

Additionally, links to and discussion of fundraising is not allowed unless it is a fundraiser run by close friends or family AND even then, the only thing allowed is a possible snippet of a previously unknown fact regarding the specifics of the case itself (i.e. wearing black sneakers, or ??). The actual $ figures and how it is progressing or not are off limits.

Returning to the <modsnip> theory touched upon upthread that it was NB's friend dressed as NB that day (on the Ring doorbell footage for example), as many of the photos on FB show her in a bobble hat (plus the wife of white dog man, IIRC, referred to NB previously dressed as such), wouldn't it have been more easy to pass herself off as NB by wearing a hat? Not for one moment suggesting she a) wanted to do this or b) actually did.

I do see the similarity - particularly in the cheekbone area - between recent pics in MSM of this friend and the doorbell footage of NB on the morning of 27th Jan <modsnip>

Interestingly I have been looking over NB's photos and the padded gilet she seems very fond of wearing is almost certainly not the one she is wearing in the CCTV images. Not that that proves anything as she might have got a new one for Christmas! JMO

Interestingly I have been looking over NB's photos and the padded gilet she seems very fond of wearing is almost certainly not the one she is wearing in the CCTV images. Not that that proves anything as she might have got a new one for Christmas! JMO
The badge on the arm of the Strauss jacket she was wearing in CCTV image IMHO is not a Strauss badge

More comments from PF

- Some reeds past the weir where a body could get lodged and can't pick up on sonar but not many and confident she's not there

- River slightly higher on the day (a foot higher) so a remote possibility that a body could go over the weir but threw a large stick at the corner and watched it for 20 minutes and the stick didn't move

- Area below the bank lots of rocks at the edge so it is possible to get a footing (perhaps 3 foot deep on the day)

- Down from the weir where it gets tidal their boat actually grounded so they had to stop and lift the dinghy out

Last edited:
I believe PF got involved after the family requested it so you obviously have to respect their wishes. Why could he not have gone quietly about his work? All the approbrium that is landing on his head is to my mind because of his grandstanding.

The badge on the arm of the Strauss jacket she was wearing in CCTV image IMHO is not a Strauss badge

Has the brand been quoted? I read about a different brand of coat elsewhere which would line up with NB's fb photos. MOO

Has the brand been quoted? I read about a different brand of coat elsewhere which would line up with NB's fb photos. MOO
As a reminder Nicola is white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent. She was last seen wearing a long, knee length black quilted gilet with a hood. She had a black Engelbert Strauss coat underneath which had long sleeves and came to her waist. She was wearing tight black jeans and had long green walking socks tucked into her jeans. She was wearing size 5 ankle length green wellington boots from Next.

Her hair was tied into a ponytail. She was wearing a pale blue fitbit.

As a reminder Nicola is white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent. She was last seen wearing a long, knee length black quilted gilet with a hood. She had a black Engelbert Strauss coat underneath which had long sleeves and came to her waist. She was wearing tight black jeans and had long green walking socks tucked into her jeans. She was wearing size 5 ankle length green wellington boots from Next.

Her hair was tied into a ponytail. She was wearing a pale blue fitbit.

Going off the theory of a possible dress up scenario someone else posted earlier, I noticed the friend’s jacket has a mark on the same arm in pictures released today IMO. And also notice the body area has the “quilted” stitching but straight stitching on the arms. Maybe it was a simple mix up of what coat NB was wearing? Jmo moo.

More comments from PF

- Some reeds past the weir where a body could get lodged and can't pick up on sonar but not many and confident she's not there

- River slightly higher on the day (a foot higher) so a remote possibility that a body could go over the weir but threw a large stick at the corner and watched it for 20 minutes and the stick didn't move

- Area below the bank lots of rocks at the edge so it is possible to get a footing (perhaps 3 foot deep on the day)

- Down from the weir where it gets tidal their boat actually grounded so they had to stop and lift the dinghy out
Have you got a link handy, please San?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

She was at least identified by her business in this Telegraph article last week.

“The owner of the Wyreside Park Farm caravan site, which police underwater search teams are using as a base, confirmed that she had found Willow and then the mobile phone.

She told The Telegraph: “I saw the dog and recognised the dog. Then I saw the phone and knew there was a problem.”

The businesswoman told her daughter-in-law, who called Paul Ansell, Ms Bulley’s partner. He alerted police.”

Going off the theory of a possible dress up scenario someone else posted earlier, I noticed the friend’s jacket has a mark on the same arm in pictures released today IMO. And also notice the body area has the “quilted” stitching but straight stitching on the arms. Maybe it was a simple mix up of what coat NB was wearing? Jmo moo.
You’d think that would be of upmost importance to get right- description of clothing IMO How else are people supposed to know what to look for?

We the public may not be privy to all info LE has but what about the family? IMO something has been said to them early on to make them question falling in river, and it’s not just been there was nothing to suggest NB had?

Couldn't it just be a natural reaction? To keep hope alive?

If it was my partner/loved one I really wouldn't want to conclude that they'd fallen into a notorious stretch of river in those temperatures. Just cause I realise the outcome might be fatal.

( I'd prefer to cling onto hope that they might have voluntarily gone missing or be held alive somewhere. Even that is better than a fatal outcome)

I believe PF got involved after the family requested it so you obviously have to respect their wishes. Why could he not have gone quietly about his work? All the approbrium that is landing on his head is to my mind because of his grandstanding.
It's important to remember he has a business to run, any press is good publicity in terms of getting his name and company known. The circumstances are unfortunate but ultimately he's there to do a job.

She was at least identified by her business in this Telegraph article last week.

“The owner of the Wyreside Park Farm caravan site, which police underwater search teams are using as a base, confirmed that she had found Willow and then the mobile phone.

She told The Telegraph: “I saw the dog and recognised the dog. Then I saw the phone and knew there was a problem.”

The businesswoman told her daughter-in-law, who called Paul Ansell, Ms Bulley’s partner. He alerted police.”

Is this the same person who didn’t know who’s dog or phone and had to go to an appointment? Why is this so confusing? I’m finding it hard to keep track of who said what and when….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member