UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How will they link this to collapses that only occurred on LL's shifts?
If there were 17 unexplained deaths been investigated at 1st how do ya know none of the 10 she ain't accused of murdering never collapsed?
Did Dr Evans say it at the beginning or someone else giving evidence that only any unexplained collapse which occured was only when LL was present. Ty

If there were 17 unexplained deaths been investigated at 1st how do ya know none of the 10 she ain't accused of murdering never collapsed?
Did Dr Evans say it at the beginning or someone else giving evidence that only any unexplained collapse which occured was only when LL was present. Ty
I'm sure there were cases of babies collapsing other than the ones LL is charged with. But they were not deemed suspicious by experts reviewing the medical files, ie they were explainable and weren't unexpected and sudden, because if they were suspicious the defence would be using in its case that the allegations against LL were cherry-picked.

Also Dr Evans is quoted as saying -

"He was asked to investigate 33 cases in total, with two insulin cases later.
He said there were two babies were born in unsurvivable conditions, with obvious medical diagnoses.
He said: "The name Lucy Letby meant nothing to me. I didn't know the staff.
"I was the easiest physician and the most difficult. I was a blank sheet of paper. I had no idea and relied entirely on the evidence I could see from the clinical notes and applying my clinical experience and forming an opinion to the cause."

Dr Evans said in 14 of the 17 cases he had completed his preliminary reports by November 2017, and was unaware of any medical staff member being a suspect.
He became aware of the name 'Lucy Letby' for the first time upon her arrest in July 2018 when he read her name in the press."

Recap: Lucy Letby trial, Tuesday, October 25

It's hard to reconcile the fact of LL's shifts, with coincidence. IMO

Thanks for that info, which I had missed. I'd love to know how the "supposed only to be working day shifts" was implemented (or not!) and how it was explained to her.
I’m not sure if related but recently in her texts she said she prefers 4 days to 4 nights. If this is after the move by management I couldn’t see how with that response it was explained to her either formally or otherwise. She doesn’t seem to recognise the potential reasons for the move To days. It’s another thing that makes me think she is oblivious to any suspicion she may be under. Would certainly seem she is not keeping her eyes open or being guarded.

I would bet if management did do it as an exploratory measure they wouldn’t have given her any ideas as to a potential negative reason for it. not quite sure what to make of that if true, playing with fire comes to mind though.

Andy Gill

@MerseyHack
·
8m

The court is hearing from a scientist Anna Mallan who tested a blood sample from Baby L for insulin. The court has previously heard that the sample showed very high levels of insulin. She says “because of the nature of the result it was reported [to the hospital] by telephone.

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
22m

Court now sitting after a slight delay (due to problems with IT). Before we get to Child M, we're hearing evidence from two witnesses in relation to Child M's twin brother - Child L, who deteriorated at “pretty much the same time”

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
23m

The Crown say Ms Letby poisoned Child L with insulin.

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
21m

Anna Milan, a clinical biochemist, is giving evidence about a blood sample analysis that was carried out for Child L. The analysis was to test for insulin

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
13m

Court is being shown blood analysis results for Child L (they were collected on 9 April 2016). Ms Milan said the 'only way you get a pattern like that is if insulin has been given to a patient'

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
4m

Ben Myers KC, defending, is now questing Dr Milan on the process for analysing blood - from ward to lab. She says 'ideally' blood will be taken and cooled within 30minutes to preserve it. Mr Myers asks if blood is left for hours, will it cause issues - 'it can do yes'

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
1m

Mr Myers asks if a sample hasn't been handled correctly, will it effect the relatability of the findings - and specifically in this case. Dr Milan says it can effect findings, but it 'wouldn't create insulin in this sample'

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
7m

Dr Milan repeats, that the only explanation for the readings in this sample is external administration

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
4m

Dr Gwen Wark is now in the witness box. She is the director of the Guildford RSCH Peptide Hormone Laboratory. Her evidence again focuses on the blood analysis of Child L

I have to say that the parts of this I've followed (missed a lot due to other things) leave me feeling rather as to why the defence is bothering to ask the prosecution witnesses anything. Except for one or two specific examples I can't see that these questions have done anything to undermine the testimony of said witnesses.

If you ask a question which fails to change the nature of the evidence given then surely you're potentially harming your case for the defence because you're just giving them the opportunity to cement the veracity of what they just said?

I’m not sure if related but recently in her texts she said she prefers 4 days to 4 nights.
Could be untruthful. We have no way of telling what she really thought, it could be 'look I'm happy with it, I've got nothing to be worried about'. I don't think she would want to draw attention to feeling she was under suspicion by senior staff. JMO

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
1m

Court is now being read evidence from another clinical scientist who reviewed Child L's blood analysis
15 m

Court has just been read a statement from a pharmacy technician who has worked at the Countess of Chester since 1991. A review of her records show that in 2014, three vials of insulin were ordered to the neonatal unit, six in 2015 and two in 2016

It would be very interesting to hear exactly how much insulin would have to have been administered in terms of ml. I doubt there would be a measuring notice on the vial itself but one might think if it was half a vial it would be noticed. I can’t say for sure though.

15 m

Court has just been read a statement from a pharmacy technician who has worked at the Countess of Chester since 1991. A review of her records show that in 2014, three vials of insulin were ordered to the neonatal unit, six in 2015 and two in 2016
I wonder if the records show who ordered them? Presumably it would be someone in a managerial/doctor type role rather than just nurses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allewine