UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all poignant and very true.

I also worry about surviving children as they grow up, and learn about their siblings who passed away.

It’s difficult enough to learn about death and dying.
I read about Elvis Presley's twin brother, who was stillborn. It had a big effect on the whole family, and Elvis often talked about how he missed his brother.

I read about Elvis Presley's twin brother, who was stillborn. It had a big effect on the whole family, and Elvis often talked about how he missed his brother.

Losing a baby would be something the whole family would mourn forever.

The surviving child, especially if an only child, could be very affected both by the loss, and the way in which the mourning happens.

You're completely correct, this is highly unusual. The total desperation must have had quite an impact. I wonder how aware these staff were of the problems at CoC?

We have a transport team and if they go out for one baby, they can't take another baby when they get there, even if there is another baby that needs transport! (Say, for instance, the baby's sibling.) We have to send a second team! And that's if the second baby has an indicated need for transfer. Is it the same in the UK? All said, it seems almost unheard of that the transport team would have taken the last, still healthy, triplet.

We have a transport team and if they go out for one baby, they can't take another baby when they get there, even if there is another baby that needs transport! (Say, for instance, the baby's sibling.) We have to send a second team! And that's if the second baby has an indicated need for transfer. Is it the same in the UK? All said, it seems almost unheard of that the transport team would have taken the last, still healthy, triplet.

It's such an unusual situation that it's hard to say. But things were so shocking and tragic at this point, I don't see how they could really say no. I'm not sure where a 2nd team would come into it?

Something strange, unusual, and potentially deadly maybe made this doctor act according to conscience and not protocol.

By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something evil this way comes

As Shakespeare spoke of intuition occasionally being more certain than available facts.

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
1m

Ben Myers KC has just invited Dr Rackham to give his view on adrenaline charts for Child P from that day. They show he received 16 bolus injections of adrenaline over the course of the day and was also given a slow infusion of the drug

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
51s

From the numbers on the slow infusion chart, Mr Myers says this is 'significantly' higher than the dose that would be ideal - the doctor, with some caution, agrees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amps