UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Myers asks Ms Letby what she meant by that message, she said 'that I’d come back and be straight back on a busy shift' - asked if she was planning anything 'dramatic and terrible' upon her return, she said 'no'

Mr Myers is now focusing on June 23, the day Child O died. He notes that Ms Letby had a student nurse with her that day. He asks Ms Letby if she was planning to kill Child O that day, she says 'no' and that she was planning to 'give the best care that I could for the babies'
can you imagine her saying yes to these questions lol

11:19am

For 1.15pm, Letby recalls being outside room 2 and hearing an alarm going off. She went in and found it was Child O's alarm. She does not recall if any other nurses were in the room at that time.
She recorded: "at 1315 - [Child O] had vomitted (undigested milk), tachycardiac and abdomen distended.'"
Letby said it was "not a concerning vomit" for Child O, who was not moved from room 2.
The notes add: 'approx 1440 [Child O] had a profound desaturation to 30s followed by brady. mottled++ and abdomen red and distended. Transferred to nursery 1...perfusion poor....Drs crash called at 1551 due to desaturation to 30s with brady...reintubated...CPR commenced 1619...'
Letby says, for 1440, she heard "a monitor alarming" and went in, and found it was Child O's alarm. She said she called the doctor who was next door.
"This was more significant as [Child O] needed intervention at this point....he looked different...unwell at this point.
"He appeared mottled...his abdomen was redder than it had been previously.
"Mottling is something we see quite often with babies."
Mr Myers asks if Letby had introduced air into Child O, or any baby in the case.
Letby: "No."

I’m struggling now to work out why the ‘back with a bang’ message has been reported so many times. It’s clear from the messages the idiom she meant was ‘back down to earth with a bang’. Are they suggesting it was a Freudian slip?
Journalists take remarks out of context to create drama, I guess.

I’m struggling now to work out why the ‘back with a bang’ message has been reported so many times. It’s clear from the messages the idiom she meant was ‘back down to earth with a bang’. Are they suggesting it was a Freudian slip?
There are two different phrases with different meanings "back down to earth with a bump" and "back with a bang" She used both, to different people. I guess it could be argued that saying you are going to be "back with a bang" could show pre-meditation. I don't personally see it as a major point though tbh.

Messages are shown to the court between Letby and Jennifer Jones-Key from June 22, Letby confirms when she is back in, adding: "Yep probably be back in with a bang lol"

A message from a doctor to Letby: "How was the flight? Unpacked as well - it's the only way!! (washing machine on?) Day has been rubbish . Lots of unnecessary stress for nnu and too much work to fit into one day . I may have (over)filled the unit (again) . SHO's have all been fed & watered and the babies are generally ok - so maybe not as bad as I'm thinking!"
Letby: "Glad it's over but flight was & airport was fine thinks (on 2nd load of washing!!)
"Oh that's not good back to earth with a bump for me tomorrow then!!

Letby denies introducing air to babies
Lucy Letby tells the court she heard Child O's monitor bleeping at around 1.15pm on 23 June 2016 and found him vomiting, but added this was "not concerning" or a "significant change" in his condition.

Child O's monitor later went off at around 2.40pm, she says, when he had suffered a "profound desaturation".

Letby recalls that she attended the nursery and called for help from a registrar doctor.

She describes how Child O's "colour had changed, he was more mottled, his abdomen was redder than it had been previously and he generally didn't look as well as he'd looked before".

Her barrister, Ben Myers KC, asks Letby if she did anything which involved air being introduced to Child N at this point - she denies she did for Child N, or any other baby involved in the case.

Dan O'Donoghue

At around 14:40 Child O had a 'profound desaturation' and was transferred to nursery one. He needed resuscitation. He had a further collapse at 16:15 hrs which again required resuscitation including cardiac compressions. Those efforts were unsuccessful he died soon after

Mr Myers asks Ms Letby if she introduced air into Child N's system or did anything to harm him, she says 'no, never'

Door swipe data shows Ms Letby enters the neonatal unit at 14:39 from the labour ward - the same time that two other nurses are administering medications to Child N (who collapsed at 14:40)

Ms Letby is recorded as giving Child N a sodium chloride bolus at 14:40, she says this is in response to the baby's collapse. On a timetable, produced by police, it has Ms Letby administering this before the collapse

Mr Myers is now asking Ms Letby about her recollections of Child O's resuscitation. She says there was more than one round of CPR and this was rotated among the doctors present

Mr Myers asks Ms Letby how she felt after Child O's death. She said: 'it’s devastating, you want to be able to save every baby in your care…you’re not supposed to watch a baby die'

Mr Myers asks Ms Letby about the findings of an expert pathologist - that Child O had a liver injury. She is asked if she knows what caused this, she says 'no'

11:38am

The neonatal schedule for June 23, 2016 is shown to the court.
The event is marked for Child O at 2.40pm. At 2.39pm, two medications are given intraveneously to Child O and the records are made on the computer, by Samantha O'Brien and Melanie Taylor.
An infusion for Child O is made at 2.40pm by Lucy Letby and Samantha O'Brien.
Letby says the order, as it appears to the court [before the event], is incorrect - the infusion should be listed in sequence after the event, in response to what had happened.
She says she cannot comment on the 2.39pm medication as she was not there.
Medicine prescription charts are shown to the court for the 2.39pm prescriptions.
Swipe data shows Letby has arrived on the neonatal unit from the labour ward at 2.39pm.
A doctor's notes record for the event: 'Called to see [Child O] at ~1440, desaturation, bradycardiac and mottled. Bagged up and transferred to nursery 1...
'10ml sodium chloride bolus already given'
Letby says the 10% saline bolus is given, as shown on an IV chart, at 2.40pm, in response to Child O's deterioration.
She tells the court that one minute prior, she was not on the unit.
Child O was transferred to room 1 and the decision was made to intubate him. Letby says she cannot recall "with any clarity" the events from then on.
A note from Dr Brearey is shown to the court at 6pm: 'Assisted with initial intubation...small discoloured ? purpuric rash on right chest wall. Good perfusion.'
Letby says this is not something she had observed, or was identified to her at any point.
Letby says she could not recall the next few hours as events for Child O merged into one. She recalls CPR taking place and there being two doctors and two nurses present. She does not recall taking part in the CPR.
The court is shown there were two episodes of CPR at 4.19pm and 5.16pm.
Letby recalls a drain being inserted during resuscitation.
Asked about what the atmosphere is like when a baby dies on the unit, Letby tells the court: "It's completely flat, there is a complete change in atmosphere...to me personally, it's devastating, you want to save every baby in your care.
"You're not supposed...to watch a baby die."
Mr Myers says a post-mortem examination identified an injury on the liver. He asks if Letby knows how that happened. Letby: "No."

11:48am

Text messages between Letby and a doctor from June 30-July 1, 2016 are shown to the court, concerning the liver injury.
Letby recalls a colleague being "very upset" and "was crying" at what had happened.
The doctor had messaged: "I'm not sure where the information has come from.
"It seems that on the SHO grapevine somebody at LWH has said that one of the triplets was found to have a ruptured Liver.
"[Colleague] was upset that this may have been caused by her chest compressions."
Letby: "Oh no, that's awful.
"No wonder she's upset. Were you able to reassure her?"
The doctor replied: "We spent 20 mins in a cubicle going over everything.
The CPR was all at the 5th rib space - between the nipples.
The duoderm on [Child O] was high.
If there was anything it will have been due to fluid volume causing Liver distension.
"I'm not sure I believe it.
"It was a coroners pm.
"It usually takes weeks to get any report."
Letby: "It seems a bit like a rumour mill has gone into overdrive - the boys were only returned today, can't see how info would be out that quick?"
Doctor: "No me neither."
Letby: "Not nice for [colleague] though, can see how it would play on her mind."
Doctor: "This has come at the end of a 7 day run for her. Not a good time."
Letby: "No. It's good that she felt able to tell you"

11:38am

The neonatal schedule for June 23, 2016 is shown to the court.
The event is marked for Child O at 2.40pm. At 2.39pm, two medications are given intraveneously to Child O and the records are made on the computer, by Samantha O'Brien and Melanie Taylor.
An infusion for Child O is made at 2.40pm by Lucy Letby and Samantha O'Brien.
Letby says the order, as it appears to the court [before the event], is incorrect - the infusion should be listed in sequence after the event, in response to what had happened.
She says she cannot comment on the 2.39pm medication as she was not there.
Medicine prescription charts are shown to the court for the 2.39pm prescriptions.
Swipe data shows Letby has arrived on the neonatal unit from the labour ward at 2.39pm.
A doctor's notes record for the event: 'Called to see [Child O] at ~1440, desaturation, bradycardiac and mottled. Bagged up and transferred to nursery 1...
'10ml sodium chloride bolus already given'
Letby says the 10% saline bolus is given, as shown on an IV chart, at 2.40pm, in response to Child O's deterioration.
She tells the court that one minute prior, she was not on the unit.
Child O was transferred to room 1 and the decision was made to intubate him. Letby says she cannot recall "with any clarity" the events from then on.
A note from Dr Brearey is shown to the court at 6pm: 'Assisted with initial intubation...small discoloured ? purpuric rash on right chest wall. Good perfusion.'
Letby says this is not something she had observed, or was identified to her at any point.
Letby says she could not recall the next few hours as events for Child O merged into one. She recalls CPR taking place and there being two doctors and two nurses present. She does not recall taking part in the CPR.
The court is shown there were two episodes of CPR at 4.19pm and 5.16pm.
Letby recalls a drain being inserted during resuscitation.
Asked about what the atmosphere is like when a baby dies on the unit, Letby tells the court: "It's completely flat, there is a complete change in atmosphere...to me personally, it's devastating, you want to save every baby in your care.
"You're not supposed...to watch a baby die."
Mr Myers says a post-mortem examination identified an injury on the liver. He asks if Letby knows how that happened. Letby: "No."

11:48am

Text messages between Letby and a doctor from June 30-July 1, 2016 are shown to the court, concerning the liver injury.
Letby recalls a colleague being "very upset" and "was crying" at what had happened.
The doctor had messaged: "I'm not sure where the information has come from.
"It seems that on the SHO grapevine somebody at LWH has said that one of the triplets was found to have a ruptured Liver.
"[Colleague] was upset that this may have been caused by her chest compressions."
Letby: "Oh no, that's awful.
"No wonder she's upset. Were you able to reassure her?"
The doctor replied: "We spent 20 mins in a cubicle going over everything.
The CPR was all at the 5th rib space - between the nipples.
The duoderm on [Child O] was high.
If there was anything it will have been due to fluid volume causing Liver distension.
"I'm not sure I believe it.
"It was a coroners pm.
"It usually takes weeks to get any report."
Letby: "It seems a bit like a rumour mill has gone into overdrive - the boys were only returned today, can't see how info would be out that quick?"
Doctor: "No me neither."
Letby: "Not nice for [colleague] though, can see how it would play on her mind."
Doctor: "This has come at the end of a 7 day run for her. Not a good time."
Letby: "No. It's good that she felt able to tell you"

I suspect 'duoderm' means duodenum!

Dan O'Donoghue

We're now moving to Child O's triplet brother, Child P. He was put under observation as a precaution after his sibling's death.

At 09:35 BST on 24 June 2016, a registrar found he was "self-ventilating in air" and stable, but 15 minutes later, he collapsed and required breathing support. He collapsed several more times, before being pronounced dead at 16:00.

A medical expert for the prosecution said the collapses were consistent with an "additional amount of air being given to this baby"

Mr Myers is taking the jury back over observation charts for Child P - they show that on the evening/night before his collapse and death he was being cared for by a student nurse on the day shift and another nurse on night shift

Ms Letby was designated nurse for Child P on morning of 24 June. She recalls being told in the nursing handover that there was concerns for the boy, given what had happened to his brother - so as a precaution he had been placed nil by mouth for a period

Last edited:
Letby questioned about second 'killed' triplet
We now move to count 21 on the indictment against Lucy Letby involving Child P, one of two triplets the prosecution alleges was killed by the former nurse.

Child P died on 24 June 2016 - one day after the death of his brother Child O.

He suffered multiple collapses as he was being prepared to be transferred to a different hospital.

A medical expert for the prosecution said the likely explanation for Child P's collapse was the injection of excessive amounts of air into his stomach.

Letby denies murdering the infant.

Prosecution evidence, March 8th 2023, Day 69 - Chester Standard Updates LIVE: Lucy Letby trial, Wednesday, March 8

Triplet O

A doctor, Statement, Birth 21st June 2016 and day-shift 22nd June 2016

2:47pm

A statement from a doctor is read out to the court.
The doctor said she was aware of the triplets beforehand.
She recalled that Child O was a good size for the gestational age, and for being a triplet. His heart rate was "absolutely fine". He was "crying and making good respiratory efforts". The oxygen levels were "just on the low side", so CPaP was supplied and the oxygen levels rose.
Child O was "stable and nice and warm", wearing a hat. Child O was shown to the father and the doctor congratulated him.

2:51pm

Child O was given mild breathing support.
The doctor explained to the father Child O was "doing really well".
The doctor recalled feeling "positive" and it was "a good day", and the triplets "were definitely progressing well".
On June 22, no issues were highlighted during her long day shift, and on June 23, she was not in work. She received the news Child O had died on her next night shift.

12.15pm
Ms Taylor is asked how Child O was on that morning, from reviewing her notes she said 'I had no concerns about him, obviously he was premature....we felt he was stable at the beginning of the shift'

12.37pm
Ms Taylor has told the court that afternoon - around middayish - she recalls seeing Child O. 'I remember I thought I don’t think he looks as well as he did before'. She told the court she suggested to Ms Letby that he be moved to nursery 1 for closer observations

12.38pm
Ms Taylor said that Ms Letby said 'no, she felt he was okay and wanted to keep him in nursery 2 and wanted to keep the three triplets together' - Ms Taylor says she felt she was 'put out' by this

12.39pm
'I couldn’t put my finger on it, I just had a gut instinct I didn’t feel like he was as well', Ms Taylor said. Ms Taylor said she 'felt like (Ms Letby) was undermining my decision'

12.40pm
Child O remained on nursery 2 until he collapsed later that afternoon and moved to nursery 1. He eventually needed resuscitation, which was unsuccessful - Ms Taylor said she was surprised by the severity of his collapse

1pm
Ms Taylor has finished giving evidence. Judge has asked the jury to temporarily retire while he 'gets an update on the weather' and whether we can continue this afternoon

Prosecution evidence, March 9th 2023, Day 70 - Tweets https://twitter.com/MrDanDonoghue

Triplet O

Nurse Melanie Taylor, shift-leader, day-shift 23rd June 2016

12.08pm
Nurse Melanie Taylor is now in the witness box recalling the events of 23 June

12.11pm
Ms Taylor was working the day shift on 23 June as shift leader. Ms Letby was Child O's designated nurse that day

12.15pm
Ms Taylor is asked how Child O was on that morning, from reviewing her notes she said 'I had no concerns about him, obviously he was premature....we felt he was stable at the beginning of the shift'

12.37pm
Ms Taylor has told the court that afternoon - around middayish - she recalls seeing Child O. 'I remember I thought I don’t think he looks as well as he did before'. She told the court she suggested to Ms Letby that he be moved to nursery 1 for closer observations

12.38pm
Ms Taylor said that Ms Letby said 'no, she felt he was okay and wanted to keep him in nursery 2 and wanted to keep the three triplets together' - Ms Taylor says she felt she was 'put out' by this

12.39pm
'I couldn’t put my finger on it, I just had a gut instinct I didn’t feel like he was as well', Ms Taylor said. Ms Taylor said she 'felt like (Ms Letby) was undermining my decision'

12.40pm

Child O remained on nursery 2 until he collapsed later that afternoon and moved to nursery 1. He eventually needed resuscitation, which was unsuccessful - Ms Taylor said she was surprised by the severity of his collapse

1pm
Ms Taylor has finished giving evidence. Judge has asked the jury to temporarily retire while he 'gets an update on the weather' and whether we can continue this afternoon

Attachments

• 1684322501157.gif
    1684322501157.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1
12:25pm

The trial is resuming after a short break.
Mr Myers is now turning to the case of Child P, who weighed 2,066g.
Mr Myers says there was "mild abdominal distention", recorded in Child P's clinical notes at 6pm on June 23, with "milk and air aspirates" recorded overnight.
At about 9.40am on June 24, Child P had desaturation, distended abdomen, mottling. At 12.28pm, there was a further desaturation and bradycardia. Around that time, a pneumothorax was identified on the chest x-ray. At 3.14pm Child P collapsed, and later died at 4pm.
A shift rota for June 23 is reshown to the court. Letby was designated baby for Child O and P and one other baby in room 2.
Letby says the focus was on Child O that afternoon, and does not recall anything significant for Child P at that time.
Her nursing notes from June 23: '...nursed in an incubator, observations within normal range, continues with 2hourly feeds...minimal aspirates obtained. Abdomen appears full but soft and non-distended...difficulty obtained IV access - secured after numerous attempts...'
Letby says there was nothing concerning regarding Child P at this time.
A doctor's note that afternoon for Child P records: 'Abdomen full; mildly distended'
Letby tells the court there was "nothing unusual" about that.
An abdominal x-ray for Child P is taken at 8.09pm, after Letby had stopped giving care for Child P. Letby tells the court she had stopped at 2pm that day "officially", as her care was focused on Child O that afternoon, and care of Child P was handed over.
The x-ray report included: '...Gas-filled bowel loops throughout the abdomen...'
Letby says student nurse Rebecca Morgan was still involved in the care of Child P.
An observation chart for Child P for June 23 is shown. Letby says she signed at 8am and co-signed at 10am, with the observations filled in by the student nurse, Rebecca Morgan. The court hears Rebecca Morgan signed and filled in observations for noon, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm. Sophie Ellis records observations from 8pm onwards.
The feeding chart is shown for June 23. Letby says she has co-signed at 8am, 10am, noon, and 2pm and 4pm, while Rebecca Morgan has signed and completed the entries.
'Trace' aspirates are recorded for Child P throughout the day, other than a 'small vomit' at noon.
Letby says "other nurses" and Rebecca Morgan were looking after Child P by 6pm.
Letby says after the overnight shift, Sophie Ellis said she was "quite concerned" for Child P due to the abdomen exam and following the events for brother Child O, and Child P was placed nil by mouth as a precaution.
Nursing notes by Sohpie Ellis on June 23-24 included: 'observations have been within limits. Did have 1 desat into 80s and 1x brady into high 90s. Self corrected, no intervention required. Does at times have a low lying HR between high 90s and 110. SHO aware.
'Feeding...14ml part digested milk aspirate gained at 2000 feed. Nurse in charge informed...continued with feed. 0000 feed, 20ml part digested milk aspirate obtained. Abdo is full but soft...
In an addendum: 'Abdo has been soft and non distended. 25ml of air aspirated...NGT placed on free drainage.'
Letby says the 14ml aspirate at 2000 was "a change", following "trace aspirates". A 20ml aspirate was taken and discarded at midnight.
Letby says that was a sign the baby "was not digesting the milk", and that was a "decline" in the baby's health.

Here is a back drop of info from Dr Gibbs, about the triplet brothers:

Prosecution evidence, March 22nd 2023, Day 76 - Tweets

https://twitter.com/MrDanDonoghue

Consultant Dr John Gibbs

Consultant Dr John Gibbs is first in the witness box. He is recalling the events immediately after Child O's (Child P's brother) death on June 23 2016

Dr Gibbs tells the court that when he saw Child O, in the moments before his death, he remembered 'feeling uncomfortable and thought oh no, not another one' …

He said he had become 'increasingly concerned at the accumulating number of unusual, unexpected and inexplicable collapses that had been happening on the neonatal unit and that staff nurse Letby had been involved in all of them'

Dr Gibbs tells the court that after Child O's death, his brother Child P was started on antibiotics and sent for an abdominal X-ray as a precaution

Dr Gibbs said that Child P was a 'well baby' on 23 June. He said he was 'extremely concerned' to learn of Child P's death the following day, he said he 'woul
d not have expected that at all'

Dr Gibbs tells the court that the death of the brothers was a 'tipping point for realising something very abnormal and wrong was happening on our neonatal unit'

Letby tells the court she had stopped at 2pm that day "officially", as her care was focused on Child O that afternoon, and care of Child P was handed over.

Letby says "other nurses" and Rebecca Morgan were looking after Child P by 6pm.
Ooh! another deviation

"In police interviews, Letby said the student nurse fed Child P at two-hourly intervals on June 23, and she had fed Child P alone at 6pm."

Lucy Letby trial recap: Prosecution finishes outlining case, defence gives statement

12:34pm

Letby says she would have expected the stomach for Child P to be empty at that point.
Child P, from midnight onwards, was nil by mouth and was put on 10% dextrose fluids.
25mls of air was aspirated from Child P at 4am.
Letby: "That is a very large volume of air.
Mr Myers: "Should it be there?"
Letby: "No."
5ml of air and 2ml of milk is aspirated at 7am. Letby tells the court that is something you would not expect to find at that time for a baby nil by mouth, and said there had been a "noticeable decline" in Child P's health.
The day shift for June 24 is shown to the court. Student nurse Rebecca Morgan is on the rota. Letby is the designated nurse for a baby in room 2. The other surviving triplet is also in room 2, with designated nurse Christopher Booth.
Letby said she was asked to continue looking after Child P. Asked for her opinion on that by Mr Myers, Letby said: "I felt that was the right thing to do, for the parents to have that continuity."
Letby recalls, for the morning of June 24: "I was conducting my safety checks...noticed [Child P's] abdomen was quite loopy - you could see the stomach had changed, was raised. I spoke to the nurse in charge about this and wait for the [doctors to review]."
"Very soon" after the doctors reviewed Child P, Child P had an apnoea "that needed attention".
Letby says herself, Dr [Anthony] Ukoh and Rebecca Morgan were in the room at the time of the deterioration.
"[Child P] was apnoeic...I went out to call for help."
Other doctors were in room 1 as part of their ward round and came to assist, the court hears.
Child P stayed in room 2 - Letby: "at this point room 1 was busy and it was felt safer to keep him in room 2"

Child P's health declined after Letby's shift ended
Lucy Letby says Child P was fed by a student nurse with her observation throughout the day on 23 June 2016.

She tells the court she was not aware of any conditions or problems with the baby when she ended her shift.

Letby recalls a nurse being "concerned" at a "noticeable decline" in Child P's condition overnight when she arrived at the unit the following day.

"Was that anything like the condition he'd been in when you and [the student nurse] were looking after him day before?" asks Letby's defence lawyer Ben Myers KC.

"No", she says.

Dan O'Donoghue

Ms Letby was designated nurse for Child P on morning of 24 June. She recalls being told in the nursing handover that there was concerns for the boy, given what had happened to his brother - so as a precaution he had been placed nil by mouth for a period

Ms Letby says she recalls that morning seeing Child P with a 'loopy bowel', she said that a decision was taken with a more senior nurse to wait for a doctor to review him. The doctor reviewed the boy and around 15mins late he suffered an apnoeic episode

The baby boy required neopuffing and stabilised - but shortly after required emergency intubation

12:45pm

Letby's nursing note for June 24, written at 9.18pm and finished at 10pm, is shown to the court. It includes: '...[Child P] nursed in an incubator...abdomen full - loops visible, soft to touch.
'Reg Ukoh arrived to carry out ward round - '[Child P] had apnoea, brady, desat with mottled appearance requiring facial oxygen and neopuff for approx. 1 min. Abdomen becoming distended'
'Shortly after acute deterioration...'.
Letby says Child P was intubated and "seemed stable at this point".
Child P had a further desaturation at 11.30am - he was given adrenaline and he was paralysed with a drug to aid ventilation.
Letby says there was no issue with a tube dislodging, or one recorded in the notes. She recorded a pnemothorax, which had been identified in Child P after the collapse.
Asked, outside of the notes, to recall Child P the rest of June 24: "I just remember there being a general decline through the rest of the shift."
Letby said she "gave a lot of medication" to Child P. She said, for her nursing note written at the end of the day, notes were written contemporaneously on a piece of paper.
Letby does not recall a distinct change in colour for Child P that afternoon.
"There was an increasing sense of anxiety [on the unit]...and a huge sense of relief when the transport team did arrive [from Arrowe Park, a tertiary centre]"
Five Countess staff were there throughout the day, and one of the doctors "frequently left the building to have a cigarette", which the court hears was something they would normally do.
Child P's medical needs were "beyond our level of care", Letby said. She tells the court that "potentially", she may have said words to the effect of "he’s not leaving here alive is he?".
Letby says she was present when Child P died. She says support was given afterwards to the family. She remembers dressing Child O and Child P.
Asked about the atmosphere in the unit after the second triplet died, Letby says: "It was completely flat atmosphere - everybody was shocked, devastated. The whole unit was just flat, generally. It wasn't the usual positive atmosphere we would have normally.
"I was really upset - two days in a row, to imagine what the parents had gone through, it was harrowing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities