VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Jurors have been told to provide unanimous verdicts on each of the 22 counts.

The Standard will continue to provide news on any developments from court."

Is that just a reiteration of what’s already known or was it said because they are nearly at conclusion time? I could think but have doubt that they have approached the judge and said “we are decided on all but one charge“ and in reply the judge said that, what do people think of that?

Is that just a reiteration of what’s already known or was it said because they are nearly at conclusion time? I could think but have doubt that they have approached the judge and said “we are decided on all but one charge“ and in reply the judge said that, what do people think of that?
Just a reminder IMO

I guess they hear it at the start of every day of deliberations.

It sounds like a procedure.

JMO

If anyone is looking for a podcast to while away the wait I can highly recommend “ The Retrievals “
It’s 5 parts and covers the case of a nurse who swopped out Fentanyl for saline ( she was an addict ) at an IVF centre in the states so the patients had zero pain relief during the egg retrieval procedure.

If anyone is looking for a podcast to while away the wait I can highly recommend “ The Retrievals “
It’s 5 parts and covers the case of a nurse who swopped out Fentanyl for saline ( she was an addict ) at an IVF centre in the states so the patients had zero pain relief during the egg retrieval procedure.
Thanks for the recommend. I’ve been looking for a new one.

Who would think that a human being can sink so low? :confused:

Thanks, but I will skip this particuar podcast, or any other.
In fact, I don't even follow DM podcasts on LL.

I think he might offer a majority verdict once the 50 hour deliberations have passed. Which could be today or Monday. They started late today.

I know in the grand scheme of things it’s not important but I can’t help but feel for Dan too, and the other media people outside, turning upto court every day and just sitting around waiting for a verdict.

I often think about those people of the jury, with such a heavy responsibility upon them. I don't suppose we will ever know what went on in that deliberation room. No fictional drama could ever match it, I suspect.
And I often think of staff in CoCh Hospital.

Her former colleagues.

The whole hospital, with bated breath, watched this trial and are now waiting for the verdicts.

I guess.

JMO

Last edited:
(I'm early, because I am Australian, so forgive me.)

Today, identical twins E and F should have celebrated their eighth birthdays together. They should be doing things like joining scouts, playing football, reading chapter books and learning their times tables together. And if they're anything like the twins I knew, confusing their friends as to which twin they're talking to, even if they don't mean to. But F is never going to have memory for what it would be like, just the knowledge to carry through his life of what he so cruelly lost.

Whatever the verdict, in all of these families who lost a child, there's always going to be a space where that child should have been.

MOO

The jury resumed deliberations from the later time of noon on Friday, and trial judge Mr Justice James Goss sent the jury home at 4pm.

Jurors have been told to provide unanimous verdicts on each of the 22 counts.

The jury will be expected to resume deliberations for an 11th day on Monday, July 31, from 10.30am.

Length of Deliberations Predictions

Mon 10th - day 1 (afternoon only) - 2pm to 4pm minus 5mins = 1h 55m
Tue 11th - day 2 - 4h 20m
Wed 12th - day 3 - 4h 20m
Thu 13th - day 4 - 4h 20m
Fri 14th - day 5 - 4h 20m
Mon 24th - day 6 - 4h 20m
Tue 25th - day 7 - 4h 20m
Wed 26th - day 8 - 4h 15m
Thu 27th - day 9 - 4h 20m
Fri 28th - day 10 - 3h 50m (12pm - 4pm minus 2x 5 min breaks)

Running total = 40h 20m

Still in the game -

41h 15m - @Observant-ADHD-ENFP-BSc
45h 10m - @esther43 (backed by @marynnu )
58h - @Jw192 (backed by @Sarahlou )
70h - @bobbymkii
75h - @CS2C (backed by @Kittybunny )
80h - @V347 (backed by @crystalline )

Running total = 40h 20m

Still in the game -

70h - @bobbymkii
And the runners list grows shorter!

Running total = 40h 20m

Still in the game -

70h - @bobbymkii
If I may :) I will back @bobbymkii

I like this poster's sense of humour :D
And absolutely love the avatar pic!

Good luck Bobby :)

Could they have maybe reached verdicts and they have gone to sleep on it over the weekend ready to come back Monday and see if they’re still all settled on what they’ve decided?

If not Monday morning then I predict Friday the 4th. Still needs to be unanimous but perhaps if we get to next Friday afternoon without verdicts then the judge might just accept a majority. IMO if it does come to a majority being allowed then I think a verdict would come very quickly after.

I get the feeling there are one or two jurors who are searching for answers and wanting to rule out all other possibilities 100% when the law doesn’t require that all doubt is erased. Other scenarios could be ‘possible but not probable’, I mean it is possible that there were two or more serial killers at work on the unit but the probability of that is very very low but that is MOO. Maybe some jurors are debating other possibilities when it’s the probability of all these coincidences happening to LL and aligning so unfortunately that has landed her as the one ‘malevolent presence’ for all 22 incidents, which IMO is the hurdle they need to overcome.

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member