UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, if she's guilty, that text exchange on 30 June with the nurse who was keeping tabs, would have been a MASSIVE shake up to LL. There are no charges for July and then there is a new method (alleged) with twin F in August.

I'm also drawing a connection now, after seeing the partial police interview transcript for twins A & B, with three sets of twins and one set of triplets in the charges, that these could have been pregnancies which were - let me put it this way - long awaited.

I think, if she's guilty, that text exchange on 30 June with the nurse who was keeping tabs, would have been a MASSIVE shake up to LL. There are no charges for July and then there is a new method (alleged) with twin F in August.

I'm also drawing a connection now, after seeing the partial police interview transcript for twins A & B, with three sets of twins and one set of triplets in the charges, that these could have been pregnancies which were - let me put it this way - long awaited.

Is the suggestion that multiple births would be more likely to result from fertility treatment?

The nursing supervisor said there was one nurse assigned to one baby.
That's in the ITU - on the night of baby C's collapse LL had two babies assigned to her in a different room, one of whom was especially sick.

source:
"The court is shown the nursing night shift for June 13, with a different nurse identified as the designated nurse for Child C, and Letby being a nurse for two other babies."

UK - Lucy Letby Trial - Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

It could also be a relatively common scenario that would result in babies being slightly premature and therefore admitted to a relatively low level nicu.
I agree. It's just the wording of the police interview that caught my attention to a possible direction/interest of the police officer, and what I think is an avoidant answer by LL.

That was my initial thought now I'm not sure if at the time of the text her first shift back was Saturday and she was going to throw herself back in ...but asked at that point if there were any extra shifts

Either way in the scheme of thing it doesn't matter.

If she had have been off all.hours of the 12th ...would the defence have gone further with Dr Evans and said " you changed your mind because LL was not on duty" rather than just pointing out "you thought air had been administered on the 12th" but changed your mind to fit the charge

If that makes sense
It makes sense. I think the reporting yesterday could have been better. I feel we were missing context to the cross-examination sometimes.

But I am extremely grateful for the live updates so no criticism of the reporter who is working hard in real time to get updates out. I feel the others could be putting together more coherent daily reports.

I think this is very insightful and interesting... well spotted!

That's food for thought.

I've always wondered if the annoyance at not being able to work in room 1 (imo) may have been because if someone wanted to attack a child the sickest babies would make sense.

But with your thoughts in mind perhaps it could be to get to a "specific" child rather than sickest

That's what I'm thinking, could be completely wrong of course.
Yes, multiple births are not uncommon with fertility treatments. I expect many of the parents were also waiting a long time before they were able to have children.

I can imagine what the parents are feeling, having to relieve the loss of their children all over again. That may have been their only hope of having a family.

Thinking about the father who LL described crying on the floor, begging them not to take their baby away is just heartbreaking.

They have been waiting a long time to find out the truth about what happened to their children. I hope that day comes soon.

That's food for thought.

I've always wondered if the annoyance at not being able to work in room 1 (imo) may have been because if someone wanted to attack a child the sickest babies would make sense.

But with your thoughts in mind perhaps it could be to get to a "specific" child rather than sickest

It was mentioned earlier I’m not sure which case that a baby designated to LL was the most concerning for the senior nurse that night who was allotting placements yet it was not LL baby that was allegedly attacked. I think it’s baby C.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is specifically dedicated to discussion of the trial for the accused Lucy Letby. Please discuss this trial without bringing other cases into the discussion. All that does is introduce support for speculation regarding guilt or innocence which is sub judice.
Just bringing this admin note forward to refresh memories.

Is there any photo’s of LL sitting in court? Or is this something that would not be allowed? I have no idea how U.K court system works.
TIA if anyone can advise me.

Is there any photo’s of LL sitting in court? Or is this something that would not be allowed? I have no idea how U.K court system works.
TIA if anyone can advise me.
no, cameras not allowed in court with rare exception for a camera focused on the judge at sentencing.

we have court artists who do sketches of the defendant.

no, cameras not allowed in court with rare exception for a camera focused on the judge at sentencing.

we have court artists who do sketches of the defendant.

Oh right I see. Now I feel silly for asking. Is there any recent ‘sketches’? Haven’t been able to catch up on the last few pages as yet.

What really surprises me -
with all this talk about hospital being understaffed -
and yet, a nurse had time to look after a not designated baby.

If there was a shortage of nurses I bet she had her arms full with babies designated to her.

Who looked after them when she was running to and fro around the ward? o_O

Moo

In my experience, when a setting is understaffed it’s common for this to happen - sort of an “all hands on deck”, picking up the slack type situation. Once your patient’s needs have been attended to you might pop in to see if you can help a colleague, offer an extra pair of hands, cover a break, etc. Where I’ve worked it would have been seen as ‘not being a team player’ to just stick solely to your designated patient(s) when staffing was low.

As far as I know these babies weren’t on 1:1 care with constant observation, so popping in and out between timed procedures and care could be quite normal. Babies sleep a LOT, after all! Someone correct me if I’m wrong, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member