UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 8 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 5 hung re attempted #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's thirteen deaths over the two years excluding the murders that leaves 3 per year which is about what was expected. The disparity in total is due to the counting of deaths "at the hospital" the other ones in that total of fifteen were shipped out and died at other hospitals leaving a remainer of 13. 13 - 7 equals 6 over the two years.

It's thirteen deaths over the two years excluding the murders that leaves 3 per year which is about what was expected. The disparity in total is due to the counting of deaths "at the hospital" the other ones in that total of fifteen were shipped out and died at other hospitals leaving a remainer of 13. 13 - 7 equals 6 over the two years.
Also - and I can't recall the source, but I think something like this was stated at trial, but don't quote me - but those figures include stillbirths and conditions incompatible with life. So they wouldn't be related to quality of care, necessarily.

I'm wrong, ignore me!

MOO

Last edited:
Also - and I can't recall the source, but I think something like this was stated at trial, but don't quote me - but those figures include stillbirths and conditions incompatible with life. So they wouldn't be related to quality of care, necessarily.

MOO
The stillbirths are a separate category, that's considered pre neonatal. Think the stillbirths are upper twenties by themselves. Anything after birth is nnu. There is also a window of viability that is considered NNU after which a separate category again.

The stillbirths are a separate category, that's considered pre neonatal. Think the stillbirths are upper twenties by themselves. Anything after birth is nnu. There is also a window of viability that is considered NNU after which a separate category again.
Okay, thank you. I will edit my post.

An increase in death by itself can occur due to random chance though. Or it could be down to many unknown factors converging. Without a full table showing who was present for all deaths and serious collapses then it is not possible to read much into her presence for those 7 deaths. That's the point. There may have been up to 17 deaths in the period I believe. What about the other 10 deaths? That's still a big increase. If she wasn't present for those other deaths that lends credence to the defences claim that the hospital was failing. If she was present, then that makes her look even more guilty. It's really important to know imo.

I agree it's important to know but if the other deaths had clear cause it would be wrong to include them.
What we need to know is who was present for all the "unexpected" / unusual progression deaths

Please can you link to the source or say where you heard this? I don't believe it was a 2 year period. Thought it was just over 1 year. So the remaining deaths were at other hospitals?

Just think it would shut these conspiracy theorists up somewhat if we had the full data. There's no reason to name the other children, but I think it is important evidence.

Please can you link to the source or say where you heard this? I don't believe it was a 2 year period. Thought it was just over 1 year. So the remaining deaths were at other hospitals?

Just think it would shut these conspiracy theorists up somewhat if we had the full data. There's no reason to name the other children, but I think it is important evidence.
There is a freedom of information request available online from "what do they know" website. All I did was g search "foi coch" and it was available. Not the "bank use 15/16" though. I stand corrected it's actually 15 in total but I believe some of those babies did indeed get moved to other hospitals. The hospital of birth is recorded as where the baby died but only within a certain time frame, baby k for example.

Bare in mind these are also statistics that have absolutely no detail whatsoever.

There is a freedom of information request available online from "what do they know" website. All I did was g search "foi coch" and it was available. Not the "bank use 15/16" though. I stand corrected it's actually 15 in total but I believe some of those babies did indeed get moved to other hospitals. The hospital of birth is recorded as where the baby died but only within a certain time frame, baby k for example.

Bare in mind these are also statistics that have absolutely no detail whatsoever.
Thanks that's really interesting. There were 14 deaths in 13 months. On first glance a massive increase from before.

It’s been mentioned that there were 6 other deaths that occurred when Letby wasn’t on shift. Any inkling as to why that wasn’t mentioned in the trial? Surely they could have used that as part of her defence when she was implying someone else must be behind the deaths

It’s been mentioned that there were 6 other deaths that occurred when Letby wasn’t on shift. Any inkling as to why that wasn’t mentioned in the trial? Surely they could have used that as part of her defence when she was implying someone else must be behind the deaths
Ask Mr myers. Think we covered it ages ago figured it was due to that not bearing any relation to the charges.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back