UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 8 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 5 hung re attempted #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Really rate that podcast by the dm crew, they really back it and say it wasn't about stats etc. The statistician objecting seems to be spouting conjecture really, seems to miss the drastic and sudden nature of many of the events that seemed to signify harm.

Jane Hutton should have a coffee with the parents, police and CPS and see how long she lasts spouting her utter word salad.
She infuriated me.

On the plus side she’s clearly demonstrated that despite how it’s being portrayed in the media, this isn’t a case of a load of experts having access to all of the evidence from the trial and then raising concerns about it.

It’s not even a case of a load of experts all going away after the trial ended, to thoroughly research all of the factual court reporting, like the daily news reports, live tweets from journalists in court and the narrated cross examination transcripts, and then raising concerns…

It’s a case of a load of experts raising concerns after reading a largely inaccurate version of events, that originated from the misinformation, twisting of facts and in some cases outright lies that a small group of Letby sympathisers have been spreading since the early days of the trial!

Oh I agree. I wasn’t suggesting that the jury aren’t or shouldn’t be, made up of random members of the public.
Cross wires!
I wasn't suggesting that at all, I worried you might think that, that's why I said Great Post! (not that it wasn't a great post!). I was just hoping to add to your words about the jury.

This is interesting as it clarifies the situation as regards her legal team; Ben Myers apparently has not been dismissed. It's the junior council who has and the new KC in their place. Myers is still overseeing everything as lead council.

The latest Times article includes a statement from Baby E and Fs parents

“Our family is deeply shocked by the ongoing speculation surrounding what is being referred to as a miscarriage of justice,” the parents of babies E and F said. “Certain pieces of evidence being discussed in the media are grossly out of context and misrepresented. Misinformation is being circulated about what transpired in court. Having attended the trial ourselves, we are fully aware of what was said.”

The support for Letby from people who did not sit through the trial — and in their view do not understand the full evidence — has left them appalled.

“This whole traumatic experience made us question humanity,” they told The Sunday Times. “Why are people going out of their way to support a serial killer of babies?”

They said that the prosecution case put together “individual bricks” of evidence, adding: “Once they were all put together the wall of evidence was overwhelming. To take each brick out separately is simply taking evidence out of context.

“The spread of lies and misinformation is deeply distressing and makes us sick to our cores. We just want some peace to grieve, knowing the person who caused so much agony is where she belongs”

From the same article !

A Letby fan has allegedly assaulted one of the medical witnesses from the trial!

The campaign to free Letby has also turned hostile. One medical witness who gave evidence for the prosecution said they had been physically assaulted last week by a member of the public with “pro-Letby beliefs” and had reported the attack to the police. Cheshire police confirmed they were investigating. A second medical witness said they were considering referring a number of messages via social media to the police.

The latest Times article includes a statement from Baby E and Fs parents

“Our family is deeply shocked by the ongoing speculation surrounding what is being referred to as a miscarriage of justice,” the parents of babies E and F said. “Certain pieces of evidence being discussed in the media are grossly out of context and misrepresented. Misinformation is being circulated about what transpired in court. Having attended the trial ourselves, we are fully aware of what was said.”

The support for Letby from people who did not sit through the trial — and in their view do not understand the full evidence — has left them appalled.

“This whole traumatic experience made us question humanity,” they told The Sunday Times. “Why are people going out of their way to support a serial killer of babies?”

They said that the prosecution case put together “individual bricks” of evidence, adding: “Once they were all put together the wall of evidence was overwhelming. To take each brick out separately is simply taking evidence out of context.

“The spread of lies and misinformation is deeply distressing and makes us sick to our cores. We just want some peace to grieve, knowing the person who caused so much agony is where she belongs”

That's so sad, I bet the LL fans are fanaticals as well. I was hoping the families wouldn't hear of it. I'm almost certain so much of the "shaky convictions" lot are just doing it out of confirmation bias, they see the papers publish things like the counselling notes or staff rota and then assume this means the trial was unfair or unjust when that is 100% not the case. They see what they want to. They might even be thinking that if something the prosecution said turns out incorrect that means the trial was wrong, doesn't just means a part of the narrative wasn't right not that she didn't do it. So much conjecture I would genuinely love to see them debate any real savvy person on the trial.

What annoys me the most is that LL must feel so smug knowing these fanatics love her and are causing all the attention and drama, for her. Yuck.

She’d be mortified if she ever met them. They are mostly sad old men, with dribble stains down the front of their shirts, shoes on the wrong feet, uncombed hair and not a brain cell between them. All hoping they will be the one meeting the infamous convicted baby killer at the alter.

Sad bas*rds!

That's so sad, I bet the LL fans are fanaticals as well. I was hoping the families wouldn't hear of it. I'm almost certain so much of the "shaky convictions" lot are just doing it out of confirmation bias, they see the papers publish things like the counselling notes or staff rota and then assume this means the trial was unfair or unjust when that is 100% not the case. They see what they want to. They might even be thinking that if something the prosecution said turns out incorrect that means the trial was wrong, doesn't just means a part of the narrative wasn't right not that she didn't do it. So much conjecture I would genuinely love to see them debate any real savvy person on the trial.

Someone posted that quote on one of the Letby FB groups earlier. Immediately someone posted. “The evidence was not overwhelming. I think she’s innocent”. I scrolled past but I will, undoubtedly, revisit when I get home from work. There again I wonder if it’s worth replying to people who are thick as pig mince

Someone posted that quote on one of the Letby FB groups earlier. Immediately someone posted. “The evidence was not overwhelming. I think she’s innocent”. I scrolled past but I will, undoubtedly, revisit when I get home from work. There again I wonder if it’s worth replying to people who are thick as pig mince
I wouldn't bother honestly, I'll tell you why. One of the things that makes sm so popular is that it provides a platform by which ANYONE can do what most people want to do that is to speak their minds but not necessarily say anything true or valuable. It's good advice not to argue, you can spend a lifetime doing it.

ETA if you have a lifetime to spare, argue with random on fb or twitter.

Last edited:
I don't see what it's got to do with anything anyway. These were still her thoughts, they were not dictated to her, whether it was suggested to her to do some writing or not.
Right....if my therapist told me to write out notes about my feelings while I was being charged with murdering babies, I'd probably write that 'people think I'm evil and that I did this.'

That's very different than writing in all caps" I AM EVIL I DID THIS"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back