UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 8 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 5 hung re attempted #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The strange thing about this, is that the unit had 2 and 3 deaths in 2013 and 2014 (or was it 3 and 4?) So even without Letby, there was a huge increase on the years previous, it seems. 9 deaths..
I think there's a possibility that she was involved with a few more deaths but they didn't have a clear enough connection to show guilt---and if they had some that didn't seem connected, the jury might disallow all of them.

In the ones that came to trial, there were suspicious circumstances, like her changing or distorting her medical logs, changing or distorting her witness testimony, in conflict with other witnesses, and evidence of her being in care of the victims during the time preceding their collapse.

If there were a few cases where they didn't have those circumstances, OR there were other obvious potential causes of death, they might have decided not to charge her in those?

I think there's a possibility that she was involved with a few more deaths but they didn't have a clear enough connection to show guilt---and if they had some that didn't seem connected, the jury might disallow all of them.

In the ones that came to trial, there were suspicious circumstances, like her changing or distorting her medical logs, changing or distorting her witness testimony, in conflict with other witnesses, and evidence of her being in care of the victims during the time preceding their collapse.

If there were a few cases where they didn't have those circumstances, OR there were other obvious potential causes of death, they might have decided not to charge her in those?

Makes sense really, if I some of those other cases there is little evidence it may be a bad reflection on the charges as a whole. Choose from the strongest cases, get those and then maybe at a later date make a case about the other ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares
Back