GUILTY UK - Olivia Pratt-Korbel, 9, shot dead, Liverpool, 22 Aug 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • Police have named the nine-year-old girl shot dead last night in Liverpool as Olivia Pratt-Korbel
  • Merseyside Chief Constable Serena Kennedy told a press conference that Olivia's family are "absolutely devastated, inconsolable and heartbroken"
  • Police described how Olivia's mum, Cheryl, had opened the door on shortly after 22:00 on Monday after hearing shots outside. A 35-year-old man being chased by a gunman saw the door open and barged his way into their home
  • The gunman followed and tried to force his way through the door as Cheryl tried to close it. He fired through a gap in the doorway, shooting Cheryl in the wrist and fatally wounding Olivia
  • The attacker then fired two more times, hitting the 35-year-old in upper body, before fleeing the scene
  • The 35-year-old was driven away by friends in a black Audi but they left Olivia and Cheryl behind
  • The police have urged anyone with information to come forward and made a direct plea for the gunman to turn himself in
  • Olivia's headteacher said she was "much loved member of our school", with "a beautiful smile, a lovely sense of humour and a bubbly personality"
I'm sure the mother is going to have the worst guilt for the rest of her life for opening the door. I feel utterly awful for her.
Why on earth you'd open the door when you hear gunshots, I don't know. Probably one of those impulse, spur of the moment silly things you do without thinking, and now she pays for it forever.

Two men who were arrested on suspicion of the murder of nine-year-old Olivia Pratt-Korbel in Liverpool have been released on bail.
Police said one of the men, aged 36, had been recalled to prison after breaching the terms of his licence.

Last edited:

The shocking details of the gun trade emerged following the death of nine-year-old Olivia Pratt-Korbel in her own home.

Handguns which are being smuggled from Eastern Europe are being converted into the cheapest lethal weapons seen in years, a Sunday Mirror report claims.

It also revealed Country Lines drugs gangs are also raiding farms to steal “shotties” – shotguns – to order.

One source told the paper: “Shotties are the weapons everyone wants in Liverpool.”

The shocking details of the gun trade emerged following the death of nine-year-old Olivia Pratt-Korbel in her own home.

Handguns which are being smuggled from Eastern Europe are being converted into the cheapest lethal weapons seen in years, a Sunday Mirror report claims.

It also revealed Country Lines drugs gangs are also raiding farms to steal “shotties” – shotguns – to order.

One source told the paper: “Shotties are the weapons everyone wants in Liverpool.”

Sawn off shotguns are easy to conceal, cause visually horrific injuries and are more difficult to link to a crime, unlike the unique rifling marks on a bullet.

Im afraid this Hydra is already out of control.
Massive, and I mean really massive effort must be put to crush it.
If ever it could be crushed.

MOO

The Dingle is a shady area in Liverpool and it is controlled by two gangs. One gang leader's son escaped to Spain after a rival gang member's murder
What made it such? Is it geography? Liverpool is a major port, all port cities, especially with entrance to transatlantic/transpacific trade seem to have similar issues.

Im afraid this Hydra is already out of control.
Massive, and I mean really massive effort must be put to crush it.
If ever it could be crushed.

MOO

If there is prohibition, there will be black market. Useless to even battle it. And, if people carry genosets predisposing them to opiates and live at the time when their drug is around, they are doomed. Our societies have made the first step - providing Naloxone to addicts. I think our states are rich enough to do the only thing that can put these narcobarons out of business.

What made it such? Is it geography? Liverpool is a major port, all port cities, especially with entrance to transatlantic/transpacific trade seem to have similar issues.

Liverpool has long been a city with significant poverty. This was only exacerbated by the loss of the dockyard and ship-building industries.

Poverty is a key driver for crime, which has been a significant problem in Liverpool for many years. I had some liaison with crime reduction/drug misuse initiatives in Liverpool and went there to observe. It was a serious issue then.

As you say, Liverpool is also a major port, which enables shipments of drugs to enter the city directly. This also goes for firearms, some of which may be acquired from Ireland via car ferry and concealed within.

The only way of ensuring significant reductions long term is to tackle poverty, housing and education. This needs to be backed up by long-term hard-hitting enforcement action.

Also, for goodness sake, association in prisons needs to be stopped. Why are the prison system allowing inmates to run their operations from behind bars and the young ones to have the opportunity to learn from those more experienced. Keep them all in solitary confinement.....it shouldn't be a holiday club.

Last edited:
If there is prohibition, there will be black market. Useless to even battle it. And, if people carry genosets predisposing them to opiates and live at the time when their drug is around, they are doomed. Our societies have made the first step - providing Naloxone to addicts. I think our states are rich enough to do the only thing that can put these narcobarons out of business.

In the UK, the Misuse of Drugs Act already legislates against the misuse of drugs, outside of clinical settings.

Naloxone is for reversing a life-threatening opiate overdose. Methadone is used to manage the withdrawal symptoms of addiction with a view to complete cessation over time.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with the area, the trouble started after the murder of a local business man

Last edited:
In the UK, the Misuse of Drugs Act already legislates against the misuse of drugs, outside of clinical settings.

Naloxone is for reversing a life-threatening opiate overdose. Methadone is used to manage the withdrawal symptoms of addiction with a view to complete cessation over time.
Well, at the risk of opening another Pandora box, I am not posting my opinion of what to me seems to be the only way to deal with the black market. However, the history of Chicago in the Prohibition, should be telling enough. And if one asks oneself how the once-mighty-bootleggers disappeared, it is obvious what needs to be done with the current problem.

Liverpool has long been a city with significant poverty. This was only exacerbated by the loss of the dockyard and ship-building industries.

Poverty is a key driver for crime, which has been a significant problem in Liverpool for many years. I had some liaison with crime reduction/drug misuse initiatives in Liverpool and went there to observe. It was a serious issue then.

As you say, Liverpool is also a major port, which enables shipments of drugs to enter the city directly. This also goes for firearms, some of which may be acquired from Ireland via car ferry and concealed within.

The only way of ensuring significant reductions long term is to tackle poverty, housing and education. This needs to be backed up by long-term hard-hitting enforcement action.

Also, for goodness sake, association in prisons needs to be stopped. Why are the prison system allowing inmates to run their operations from behind bars and the young ones to have the opportunity to learn from those more experienced. Keep them all in solitary confinement.....it shouldn't be a holiday club.
100% agree. Poverty drives hopelessness and depression, that able-bodied men are not trained to recognize. Alcohol and drugs come next. Poverty drives crime. You give people jobs and a piece of land, they will be able to deal with housing and education themselves. But sadly, in any society, there is a certain percentage, that will, with good careers and normal lives, drink themselves to death, or overdose. What to do with them is another issue.

I'm sure the mother is going to have the worst guilt for the rest of her life for opening the door. I feel utterly awful for her.
Why on earth you'd open the door when you hear gunshots, I don't know. Probably one of those impulse, spur of the moment silly things you do without thinking, and now she pays for it forever.

The problem is not in the mother - I am not used to shooting sounds, either, I wonder if she took them for something else? The problem lies in the criminal Nee, who ran, bringing in his crimes, and his heroin dealings, and the assassin targeting him, into the poor woman’s house. And then he left in an Audi, and the wounded woman and her dead child were not taken to the hospital. There should be some laws, even in liberal GB, to slap him with for it. Unlawful entry, or something stronger. (Nothing for leaving them, I checked - if it were Germany, with duty to help laws, he could be charged, but not in Britain).

Last edited:
The problem is not in the mother - I am not used to shooting sounds, either, I wonder if she took them for something else? The problem lies in the criminal Nee, who ran into, bringing in his crimes, and his heroin dealings, and the assassin targeting him, into the poor woman’s house. And then he left in an Audi, and the wounded woman and her dead child were not taken to the hospital. There should be some laws, even in liberal GB, to slap him with for it. Unlawful entry, or something stronger. (Nothing for leaving them, I checked - if it were Germany, with duty to help laws, he could be charged, but not in Britain).

I think the "duty to help" is obligatory in most EU countries (certainly in my country).

This duty is usually limited to doing what is “reasonable”. In particular, a helper must not endanger their own life or that of others but should, at the least, include alerting the emergency services.

Last edited:
Well, at the risk of opening another Pandora box, I am not posting my opinion of what to me seems to be the only way to deal with the black market. However, the history of Chicago in the Prohibition, should be telling enough. And if one asks oneself how the once-mighty-bootleggers disappeared, it is obvious what needs to be done with the current problem.

If you are referring to legalisation. My gut feeling is that there should be a moratorium on the possession of illicit drugs for personal use.

De-criminalise users and treat the addiction as a medical issue, with free availability on the NHS, for addicts.

As drug misuse is the cause of the vast majority of acquisitive crime, we may a see a significant reduction. This would also likely significantly undermine OCG's whose main activity involves drugs and the money laundering activities needed.

This is by no means a simple or popular solution, with most of the UK population who just repeat what they hear from the press.

I have worked in multi-agency teams targeting drugs misuse and the impact on crime. I have interviewed many offenders in prison at length to understand their drug misuse and lifestyle. I know what the problems are and I also know that we can't arrest and convict our way out of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back