Recovered/Located UK - Olly Sheridan, 3, may be with Ellie Yarrow-Sanders, 26, Basildon, Essex, July 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A judge said he had "grave concerns" for Olly Sheridan, who has been missing from Basildon, Essex, with his mother since July.

Ellie Yarrow-Sanders, 26, is embroiled in a custody battle with Olly's father, Patrick Sheridan, who said he was "desperately worried" about his son.

Olly and his mother disappeared shortly before Miss Yarrow-Sanders was due to give evidence at a "critical" court hearing in Chelmsford in July.

_104878424_hi051261112.jpg
_104878429_hi051261085-1.jpg

Judge appeals for help to find boy, 3

Looking at the comments on the father's Facebook, it doesn't sound like he is a very nice person, but that's obviously the opinions of others who seem to know him. Sounds like many hope the Mum and boy keep running.

I just hope they are safe wherever they are.

Looking at the comments on the father's Facebook, it doesn't sound like he is a very nice person, but that's obviously the opinions of others who seem to know him. Sounds like many hope the Mum and boy keep running.

I just hope they are safe wherever they are.
Just seen the same sort of comments on twitter. Hope the Mum & Olly are safe

These cases always make me sad as the parent on the run is being seen as the bad one in the situation when quite often they are doing it as a last resort to protect the child they love from someone else involved.

I wonder why they have 'grave concern' for the child as she is obviously doing this because she loves him. Maybe they are worried that they are unable to support themselves wherever they are.

I hope if they are found that the authorities see sense (based on what is being said) and allow Olly to stay with his mother, and not his (allegedly) abusive father.

This girl lives in the same town as me . I don’t know her but having had a quick look at the situation it seems she was 18 when she met the father who was by then in his late 30s as he’s described as “in his forties” now.
This is an immediate red flag to me...and it’s a huge imbalance of power straight away. Am not saying huge age gap relationships can’t work but the older person generally holds the purse strings and the power.
At 18 Ellie would have been easy to manipulate and control....having looked at the letter she left when she fled it doesn’t surprise me to see that this man was allegedly coercive and controlling. We are talking of coerced sex whether she wanted it or not...his behaviour when she declined was to show off and become hostile. She must have been treading on egg shells all the time with him.

She saw the light and left and he is now continuing his psychological abuse via the Family Court system. I wonder if they ever look at these men and wonder why a man got into a relationship with a woman young enough to be his daughter. What does that tell them about the man in question?

I get that they are only about the welfare of the child but from what I can see any mental health issues this girl had are likely to be gone now she is away from the control of her ex partner.

The judge will have had no option but to say he has serious concerns for the welfare of the child because nobody knows where they are. There must therefore be no indication that the child has been registered with a GP. Presumably they monitor stuff like bank accounts to see if they are being used. Obviously if they are not you then have to wonder if Ellie and her son are still alive. I hope they are....she didn’t come across in her letter as someone who wanted to take her life or her child’s life.

If the facts are as Ellie wrote them then I hope she stays well away and safely hidden with her son until he is of an age where she can safely return home and that she will bring him up not to be a controlling coercive bully.

Mother missing with three-year-old son has 'gone underground'

Ellie Yarrow-Sanders, 26, has not used her bank accounts or mobile phone since disappearing with Olly Sheridan, according to solicitors representing the youngster's father.

Mother missing with three-year-old son has 'gone underground'

I really hope they are both okay..

I’m sure there was a similar case within the last 12 months but I cannot remember which one it was.
Sadly the outcome was that the ex-partner had killed both the mother and child, unable to cope with the dent to his pride of having split up, over-possessiveness and her having met a new man.
As I recall he wasn’t a particularly well spoken of person, manipulative and devious.
I’ll just leave this here...

I’m sure there was a similar case within the last 12 months but I cannot remember which one it was.
Sadly the outcome was that the ex-partner had killed both the mother and child, unable to cope with the dent to his pride of having split up, over-possessiveness and her having met a new man.
As I recall he wasn’t a particularly well spoken of person, manipulative and devious.
I’ll just leave this here...

I so hope this is not the case but you never know. He might be happy for everyone to go on thinking they are on the run when really he knows otherwise. I truly hope they are safe somewhere.

I so hope this is not the case but you never know. He might be happy for everyone to go on thinking they are on the run when really he knows otherwise. I truly hope they are safe somewhere.

Sadly I think that’s the case here. Especially given the way the police are now handling and publicising it.

This letter is for you to understand why I’ve had to do what I’ve done.

‘It’s for you to show to the police and the court to explain myself. This is the only thing I could do for Olly to have any semblance of a childhood with his mum.

‘I’m really sorry to leave you all but we have no other choice and I promise we will be OK! I will never let any harm come to Olly.’

91B645F8-F60B-414E-934C-E23F0EB08539.jpeg

Mum on the run with son, 3, says 'I had no choice' in emotional letter | Metro News

A High Court judge has used Twitter to urge a mum who vanished with her three-year-old son six months ago to return home.

Mr Justice Williams, who is overseeing the case in the Family Division of the High Court in London, joined calls for the 26-year-old to bring her son back.

His tweet was posted on the Judicial Office Twitter account and included the hashtag #comehomeolly.

The tweet came after the judge analysed the latest stage of the case at a hearing on Friday.

He oversaw the hearing in private, but authorised lawyers to release a statement detailing his message to Miss Yarrow-Sanders.

The statement was attached to the tweet, which said: "High Court Judge, Mr Justice Williams, and Ellie Yarrow-Sanders' mother and sister have made a direct appeal to Ellie to bring missing toddler Olly Sheridan home, with reassurances as to how she will be treated and given a voice in court."

It outlined the judge's concern and included a promise that he would deal with the case fairly, adding a senior social worker has been appointed to promote Olly's welfare.

Lawyers said the judge had stressed that such a move did not mean there was any chance of Olly being put into foster care.

The statement added: "Such are his concerns for Ellie and Olly's welfare, Olly's father, Patrick Sheridan, who only wants the return of his son, has agreed that if Olly is brought back by his mother before the next hearing, then he will not ask for Ellie or her mother, Donna, or sister, Maddie, to be punished for having any part in Olly's disappearance."

Ellie Yarrow-Sanders: Judge uses Twitter to appeal for missing mum to come home

The whereabouts of a mother who vanished with her three-year-old son after becoming embroiled in a family court dispute with the youngster's father are now known to the courts, a judge has said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomuSJ
Back