Found Safe UK - Owami Davies, 24, from Chafford Hundred, Essex, last seen in Croydon, Surrey, 6 Jul 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And this comment by Commander Brogden is the very reason why the Met and other forces will always come up short, because they are too busy navel gazing, patting themselves on the back and all going home for tea and medals.

The appropriate response would have been along the lines of:

We are enormously thankful that Owami has been found safe and well. We are confident that we conducted a thorough investigation. However, we are aware of some criticism about aspects of the investigation. We are keen to learn by experience and improve our service, where necessary. To that end we will be conducting a review of all aspects of the investigation to identify if there any improvements to be made.

The Metropolitan Police leaders need to leave their ivory towers and start listening to what people are saying.

I am so glad you said this @Whitehall 1212.

For me, the fact that he says both:

“We always review significant cases to learn and improve, and we are doing so in this instance alongside our colleagues from Essex police. We will be transparent about any lessons that emerge.”

and

“Any commentary – including from former police officers – that suggests our response to Owami Davies’ disappearance was insufficient or motivated by racial bias is unsubstantiated and based on speculation."

is a bit of a giveaway that the outcome of the review has already been pre-ordained.

JMO

I'm still confused as to why the police arrested 5 Separate people on suspicion for kidnap and/or murder yet she was alive and well the whole time?
I think she met these people and then vanished.
Meaning: wandered away.

I'm still confused as to why the police arrested 5 Separate people on suspicion for kidnap and/or murder yet she was alive and well the whole time?

Wrong place, wrong time. When life could be at risk UK police don't hesitate to act decisively.

The degree of suspicion required for arrest is minimal, particularly in such circumstances.

This is one of the latest MSM reports on the 5 arrested for murder and kidnapping. Looks like 3 got released without charge, but the other 2 are still under investigation for kidnapping.

Three people arrested in connection with the disappearance of missing nurse Owami Davies have been released without charge.

Two men, aged 27 and 23, who were arrested on suspicion of murder on 1 August, will face no further action.

A 32-year-old man arrested on suspicion of kidnap on 2 August has also been released and will not face any further action.

Two other men, aged 22 and 27, arrested on suspicion of kidnap on 3 August and 6 August respectively, have both been released under investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back