Found Deceased UK - Peter Baglin, 55, last seen in Salford, Gtr Manchester, around 7.30pm, 28 Dec 2022, later sighting Texaco garage, Mossley Common, 29 Dec

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
#REAPPEAL | Police are becoming increasingly concerned for the welfare and safety of a Salford man who has been missing from home for the last five days.

There are extensive searches being carried out in the Boothstown, Astley and Higher Green areas, and officers are asking anyone who may have seen Peter, or anyone with any other information regarding Peter's whereabouts, to contact them on 0161 856 8351, via 101 or by speaking to the independent charity – Crimestoppers – anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Snipped by me for brevity.

@MsMiniSleuth's link above is now returning a "Content not found" message, and the other recent appeals on the Greater Manchester Police web site also appear to have been removed. There has been no update yet. The most recent appeal that is now visible was posted on 30 Dec 2022, which makes me think that it has probably been left in place inadvertently.

I hope there is good news to follow.

All posts have been removed yes. By family too from what I can see. The canal was dredged last night.
Still praying for a good outcome.

The local residents group posted a few hours ago with no mention of being found.

I don't think the outcome will be positive, given the circumstances and duration. He went and bought whisky, went down to the canal, then left everything behind. I know what that says to me. People can be very good at hiding the true extent of their worries and depression, so not even those closest have a true picture.

Whatever posts have been deleted Peter is still missing, posts from wife and daughter are still up. Peter has its own ‘Find Peter’ fb page although not msny Posts with the searches. Missing Person - Peter Baglin from Salford is the group.

A relative or friend has commented that the search is ongoing. Hoping the MEN hasn't jumped the gun on this one and published before informing family.

A relative or friend has commented that the search is ongoing. Hoping the MEN hasn't jumped the gun on this one and published before informing family.

How have they done that? They have reported a body found. They have not alluded to any missing people or searches ongoing.

I mean, if the MEN published the article before contacting the family to say that a body has been found, bad taste no? I couldn't imagine my loved one being missing, and the first I'd hear of a body being found is from a post on FB. Just MOO.

I note that the body has been found in the Manchester Ship Canal, whereas Peter's belongings were found adjacent to the Bridgewater Canal. The latter does not mean, of course, that he couldn't have made his way sans belongings to the MSC. I note also that @Nell91 earlier mentioned that the MSC runs into the BC, although I can't see that on the maps that I have looked. I am happy to be corrected on any of this.

I wonder, therefore, if the body is of someone other than Peter. It's a very sad situation either way, of course. You would hope that the family of the dead man have been informed before the story was released to the press, but here is no indication of that in the report.

The Bridgewater meets the MSC via a lock at Cornbrook, according to Google. Cornbrook would be on the Monton/Eccles side of Salford I believe? I am dreadful with places (despite living her all my life.)

ADMIN NOTE

Websleuths is fact-based, and as such, requires that any info posted here as FACT must be substantiated by a link to that info from an approved MSM, LE, or official FB group. Family/friends social media is not approved for linking here. Any developments in this case must be from confirmed by MSM and/or LE to be posted.

THANK YOU for honoring the victims, family, friends and members by remembering this critical step.

I mean, if the MEN published the article before contacting the family to say that a body has been found, bad taste no? I couldn't imagine my loved one being missing, and the first I'd hear of a body being found is from a post on FB. Just MOO.

That is not how it works. The job of the press is to source and report news, not act as intermediaries or do the job of the police, who are responsible for liaising with families.

In this case it was unlikely to have been the body of the gentleman missing here as other sources would have announced by now.

Like I said, my own opinion.
Bumping

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member