UK - Prince Andrew accused of underage sexual relationship, 1999-2002 *settled* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Read VG's memoir.
One of the first things that GM allegedly said to PA when he entered the London townhouse .............
"how old do you think Jenna is"? When Andrew guessed correctly, I was seventeen years old, she was surprised, thinking I could have passed for younger"

Jenna? and i have read that but...he could argue she is just saying that to back her claim up....who knows

Prince Andrew ‘on Collision Course’ With Royals, Who Want Him to Settle With Virgina Giuffre, Not Seek Trial

Prince Andrew is “on a collision course” with the royal family over his decision to seek a jury trial in the civil case being brought against him by Virginia Giuffre, who alleges the queen’s son raped her three times when she was 17.

British newspaper the Daily Mail also quoted a source saying the palace is “desperate” for Andrew to settle to remove the prospect of an embarrassing New York courtroom showdown that will overshadow the queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations. These formally begin on Accession Day—Feb. 6—the anniversary of the queen’s father’s death in 1952, and will peak with a four-day holiday weekend in June.

The potential for embarrassment that a full jury trial could entail was made abundantly clear by British royal expert and lawyer Mark Stephens, who told the Mail: “Questions will be asked of Virginia Giuffre about the prince’s body, any marks, his performance, what positions were adopted—every detail that is conceivable to ask and then that will be put to Andrew.”

Although the queen belatedly acted this month to fully cut off Andrew from any formal connection to the royal family, the prospect of her second—and some say favorite—son being grilled about his sexual activities in open court would still represent an unprecedented humiliation for the royal family, which may be why a source told the Mail: “Andrew is on collision course with the palace” over his apparent determination to continue fighting the case.

In my opinion, this is very likely to settle. This is just a normal part of the process. When I was handling civil cases, there was always a demand of jury trial. Then we would conduct discovery - demands and depositions, and then there is medidation and eventually a settlement. And usually in the settlement agreement, it states that there is no admission of guilt.
Thanks for explaining!

So my first hypothesis might be right: posturing/bluffing (in layman's language, of course) :)

Last edited:
In my opinion, this is very likely to settle. This is just a normal part of the process. When I was handling civil cases, there was always a demand of jury trial. Then we would conduct discovery - demands and depositions, and then there is medidation and eventually a settlement. And usually in the settlement agreement, it states that there is no admission of guilt.

Not familiar with US Law.

IF both parties want to settle is there still discovery and depositions first, or can they settle without doing dep and disc?
Thanks.

Not familiar with US Law.

IF both parties want to settle is there still discovery and depositions first, or can they settle without doing dep and disc?
Thanks.

They can, but usually not likely. The discovery phase, which includes demand for documents, requests for admission, etc... and depositions, usually helps gauge settlement, and the amount that they want to settle for.

They can, but usually not likely. The discovery phase, which includes demand for documents, requests for admission, etc... and depositions, usually helps gauge settlement, and the amount that they want to settle for.

well Andrew apparently doesnt have documents for anything so not sure that will be much help lol

Lawyers question strength of Prince Andrew’s response to lawsuit

Nick Goldstone, head of dispute resolution at Ince Gordon Dadds LLP, said: “There are certain things where it is ludicrous for him to say he has insufficient information to admit or deny. Six months on, he has at least put forward a defence and that is interesting, but it does appear to be a boilerplate exercise, rather over-enthusiastically deployed.

The defences in the court papers contain no reference to previous claims made by Andrew that he cannot sweat (Giuffre had alleged that he got sweaty on a dancefloor with her in 2001) and that he visited a Pizza Express on the day of the claimed sexual encounter with Giuffre.

Spafford said it was “interesting” they were not in the document, as might have been expected, and suggested that may mean they are not points his legal team mean to pursue. He described the document as a “standard approach” in that it contained forceful denials “but that’s frequently followed by an attempt to settle”.

Wouldn't it all have been easier for PA to admit this all happened, stating that he believed VG was of age and that it was consensual, and apologizing for his unseemly behavior etc?
Seems he's just dug a deeper hole for himself with all his ludicrous denials which are so easily refuted.

Wouldn't it all have been easier for PA to admit this all happened, stating that he believed VG was of age and that it was consensual, and apologizing for his unseemly behavior etc?
Seems he's just dug a deeper hole for himself with all his ludicrous denials which are so easily refuted.

honestly thats what I think...I just dont understand his thinking.

Thank you :)

Former royal police officer rejects claim that Prince Andrew was not close with Ghislaine Maxwell, says she had special access to palace

Thu, January 27, 2022, 1:53 PM
8b13ec9a94634a38136db46c57fabbbe

Prince Andrew and Ghislaine Maxwell together at Royal Ascot, June 22, 2000.

A former protection officer at Buckingham Palace described a claim from Prince Andrew that he was not close friends with Ghislaine Maxwell as "nonsense."

Paul Page, who worked at the palace for six years, told Insider that he saw Andrew and Maxwell together at least a dozen times, and heard of many more visits from colleagues who also managed visitors to Andrew's residence.

Page alleged that Maxwell was given special treatment when she came, with officers told to keep her name out of official records.

Page also mentioned the pair's closeness during the trial, as noted by BuzzFeed, which cited internal Metropolitan Police documents describing the allegations.

Speaking to Insider by phone on Thursday, Page recalled seeing the two together around 2001 having a picnic in the grounds of Buckingham Palace, appearing to demonstrate their closeness.

He said the location — close to the Queen's rooms within the complex — was not a usual place for people to gather.

As part of his denial of Giuffre's allegations, Andrew denied being close to Maxwell.

Speaking to Insider on Thursday, Page said: "If he's put that, then I don't know what planet he's on ... why would you say that? That's just nonsense."

Page said he first became aware of Maxwell's visits around 2001, when he was working on the front gate at Buckingham palace and was responsible for letting people in.
bfb2ce5f23db3a6f50916f4a0f4d6ac0

An exterior view of Buckingham Palace in London.

"Obviously, they have to have an appointment," he said. Officers on the front gate were given a daily list of who is expected at the palace, which he would note in a book, he said.

But, Page said, that day an officer called him at lunchtime and told him that there was an appointment for Andrew, and that he should not write the person's name in the book.

After her car was waved through, Maxwell headed towards Andrew's private staircase, Page said.

Later that day, he said he saw Andrew and Maxwell were sitting on the grass under the Queen's bedroom window "having a massive picnic."

" hell, if the Queen knew who was sat in her back garden I don't think she'd be very happy," he said.

BBM
Thank goodness for that-- He would have been broke, penniless years ago.
In a normal workplace he would be sued for mobbing.
In Poland it would end in Labour Court as I wrote previously.
What a shame to treat Staff like that!
No worker in my country would let be treated like that.
It is unthinkable these days.
Mind boggles!

Former royal police officer rejects claim that Prince Andrew was not close with Ghislaine Maxwell, says she had special access to palace

Thu, January 27, 2022, 1:53 PM
8b13ec9a94634a38136db46c57fabbbe

Prince Andrew and Ghislaine Maxwell together at Royal Ascot, June 22, 2000.

A former protection officer at Buckingham Palace described a claim from Prince Andrew that he was not close friends with Ghislaine Maxwell as "nonsense."

Paul Page, who worked at the palace for six years, told Insider that he saw Andrew and Maxwell together at least a dozen times, and heard of many more visits from colleagues who also managed visitors to Andrew's residence.

Page alleged that Maxwell was given special treatment when she came, with officers told to keep her name out of official records.

Page also mentioned the pair's closeness during the trial, as noted by BuzzFeed, which cited internal Metropolitan Police documents describing the allegations.

Speaking to Insider by phone on Thursday, Page recalled seeing the two together around 2001 having a picnic in the grounds of Buckingham Palace, appearing to demonstrate their closeness.

He said the location — close to the Queen's rooms within the complex — was not a usual place for people to gather.

As part of his denial of Giuffre's allegations, Andrew denied being close to Maxwell.

Speaking to Insider on Thursday, Page said: "If he's put that, then I don't know what planet he's on ... why would you say that? That's just nonsense."

Page said he first became aware of Maxwell's visits around 2001, when he was working on the front gate at Buckingham palace and was responsible for letting people in.
bfb2ce5f23db3a6f50916f4a0f4d6ac0

An exterior view of Buckingham Palace in London.

"Obviously, they have to have an appointment," he said. Officers on the front gate were given a daily list of who is expected at the palace, which he would note in a book, he said.

But, Page said, that day an officer called him at lunchtime and told him that there was an appointment for Andrew, and that he should not write the person's name in the book.

After her car was waved through, Maxwell headed towards Andrew's private staircase, Page said.

Later that day, he said he saw Andrew and Maxwell were sitting on the grass under the Queen's bedroom window "having a massive picnic."

"******* hell, if the Queen knew who was sat in her back garden I don't think she'd be very happy," he said.

I have a feeling...the Queen doesnt miss much tbh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danielrosini
Back