UK - Rebecca Joynes, teacher, accused of sex offence against 2 pupils

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She served 6 months on remand until she was about to give birth to the baby, then after that she did 6 months of "qualified curfew" which is almost like house arrest and counts half as much towards credit for time served.

so: 6 + (6/2) = 9 months.

That's my guess anyway.
Wow that is crazy! I had no idea. Being on tag should not count towards time served at all. Makes her sentence look even more of a joke now.

Boy B also said Joynes had shown a "lack of remorse" and that he believes neither she nor her family believes she has done anything wrong.

He adds that he now struggles with the idea of entering into a relationship due to the "negative experience I have gone through with Rebecca".

Boy B continued: "This is not what I wanted for my child, my picture of having children, was with someone I loved in a stable environment, the way that I have been brought up. Sadly, this is not the case.

"Ultimately, I will forever be Rebecca's victim and forever linked to her through our child."

Rebecca Joynes arrives at Manchester Crown Court,  Picture date: Monday May 13, 2024. PA Photo. Photo credit should read: Peter Byrne/PA Wire

Rebecca Joynes arrives at Manchester Crown Court in May
Joynes gave birth to their son in early 2024, but the child was taken away from her within 24 hours.

Boy B told police Joynes had told him she could not have a baby and they had unprotected sex, but in fact she later discovered she was pregnant.

The day before she was arrested for a second time, Joynes invited him to her flat for a "date night" involving an Ann Summers scratchcard of sexual activities, rose petals and "surprises", the court heard.

At the end it was a baby grow, saying, "Best Dad" on the front.

"I was like, 'What the *advertiser censored**!'" boy B told police

"Moment smirking paedophile maths teacher Rebecca Joynes

'groomed' 15-year-old schoolboy

as she buys him £345 Gucci belt at Selfridges -

before taking him back to her luxury flat for sex.

Boy B also said Joynes had shown a "lack of remorse" and that he believes neither she nor her family believes she has done anything wrong.

He adds that he now struggles with the idea of entering into a relationship due to the "negative experience I have gone through with Rebecca".

Boy B continued: "This is not what I wanted for my child, my picture of having children, was with someone I loved in a stable environment, the way that I have been brought up. Sadly, this is not the case.

"Ultimately, I will forever be Rebecca's victim and forever linked to her through our child."

Rebecca Joynes arrives at Manchester Crown Court,  Picture date: Monday May 13, 2024. PA Photo. Photo credit should read: Peter Byrne/PA Wire

Rebecca Joynes arrives at Manchester Crown Court in May
Joynes gave birth to their son in early 2024, but the child was taken away from her within 24 hours.

Boy B told police Joynes had told him she could not have a baby and they had unprotected sex, but in fact she later discovered she was pregnant.

The day before she was arrested for a second time, Joynes invited him to her flat for a "date night" involving an Ann Summers scratchcard of sexual activities, rose petals and "surprises", the court heard.

At the end it was a baby grow, saying, "Best Dad" on the front.

"I was like, 'What the *advertiser censored**!'" boy B told police
So if the baby is a son why the pink baby bonnet?

Dbm

Last edited:
It’s such a poor sentence.
She was in a position of trust fgs, commits the original offence arrested and out on bail and she does it AGAIN resulting in an unplanned ( on the victims part certainly ) pregnancy.
Tries to delete incriminating phone data, pleads NG and runs a trial, lies on oath and shows not one iota of remorse in fact can’t seem to grasp she’s done anything wrong.
6.5 yrs is a joke. I hope the Crown revisit this sentence.
This woman is a menace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back