GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen that. :( When was it taken?

I think this is the first time the picture has been published (?) but the timing isn't clear. The caption - "The removal of the unknown object comes as police confirm two people have been arrested in connection with the search for the teenager" - suggests it was today but you can't rely on what the papers say/imply

BBM

Maybe my mistake , sure it said arrested 2 people from St George area, but now it is worded differently. Blame it on my senility or it has been changed.

Could the drum be a cold water tank, hot water tank, water softener? What other item of that shape and weight would be in a home?

Poor child. Did she come home in the morning, thinking she was safe, only to find that her step mother had another appointment and she was alone in the house with the Devil.

Hi Guys, Just getting up to speed...Yes I agree Minou, my Partner was a single Dad to Daughter when we met and her Mum is not the greatest so Dad has had to tackle some of the awkward issues that most Dads wouldn't. I asked his opinion on the Dads comment, and he also thought it slightly odd but agreed that if you have been the main carer and have a close relationship then your mind would go crazy with thoughts of the dangers the child awaits. Having said that I too thought there was 'something' amiss during interviews. Truly hope that this is just a tale of a girl runaway whose friends have harboured her and she is safe somewhere! MOO

Could the drum be a cold water tank, hot water tank, water softener? What other item of that shape and weight would be in a home?

Poor child. Did she come home in the morning, thinking she was safe, only to find that her step mother had another appointment and she was alone in the house with the Devil.
Enough dramatics! From the family statements today I think it's probably NOT someone who was close enough to have been left alone in the house so I'd say she wasn't 'left alone with the devil' :/

I hope she's run away and she's safe, but I just don't see it.
Next best hope it's a Shannon Matthews #2.

Need more info before I fall off the fence :fence:

In the UK, I have seen cases where many people are arrested over the period of the case, most let go after questioning. I don't think they need much to arrest/detain them for 24 hours, but they need much more to call them a suspect and get permission to hold them longer, I think. So it is really hard to know what is going on. Jmo

That barrel or drum whatever it is, isn't good to see. I hope she isn't in it. Just seems odd they took it away, why would you take something that big unless it contained something important?

That barrel or drum whatever it is, isn't good to see. I hope she isn't in it. Just seems odd they took it away, why would you take something that big unless it contained something important?

My thoughts exactly.

Yes they can only be detained for 24 hours. Then they've got to either let them go or charge them.

Sometimes you are allowed longer to question them before deciding if there's enough evidence to charge them.

In the UK, I have seen cases where many people are arrested over the period of the case, most let go after questioning. I don't think they need much to arrest/detain them for 24 hours, but they need much more to call them a suspect and get permission to hold them longer, I think. So it is really hard to know what is going on. Jmo

Yes IIRC there were around 3 arrests early in the Alice Gross case, none of which were the killer.

There won't be a body in there, if there was the forensics would be examining it at the scene and not loading it into the back of a van.

That looks like it's been purposely placed there. The way it's lying on the ground. Looks staged to me. Why would leaves that would have fallen a long while ago be on top of the laptop like that?

The wind tends to blow leaves around.

That looks like it's been purposely placed there. The way it's lying on the ground. Looks staged to me. Why would leaves that would have fallen a long while ago be on top of the laptop like that?

I agree - if you wanted to hide a laptop, you'd do a much better job of covering it up. But if you wanted it to be found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop