GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the mirror has a blog on the whole thing- there are convinced she left the house around 11.15 am but nobody has said WHY they believe that.

Apparently she left with a phone, tablet and laptop- but no money, make up or phone charger.

Wouldn't all three be a bit excessive? Why bring a tablet if you have the phone and the laptop??? She seemed to be tech savvy enough so I doubt she was bringing them all to someone who offered to sync them or something. She had been texting her BF to arrange to meet up later, and if what her dad posted is accurate, she didn't meet up with him as planned and the boyfriend called over (yet nobody reported her missing at that stage- not till 4pm the NEXT day when there was no response to calls and texts???)

I wonder who the friend she stayed with the night before was? I wonder if the rumour is true that she sent a text the day before asking something along the lines of if anyone would miss her if she vanished- THAT would account for leaving behind everything except technology- maybe she didn't want her online accounts/ social media/ journals/ emails etc to be looked at ever.

Her step mom is going some pretty rough looking health crisis and her own mom is not in the picture apparently. The family keep saying that she is loved more than she realises. The dad make some comment about not ever giving out to her over a mess etc. Who knows if she was arguing with the boyfriend. She is painfully shy in one way and a different person online...

I am wondering did she take off with her technology because she was overwhelmed by life and didn't want anyone to realise what she was doing online? I have a horrible feeling she didn't intend to come home and wanted to wipe away all traces of her online activity. Just IMO.

If she intended to run away though, why not take her clothes, make up, toothbrush, purse, wash bag etc? She would have had time to get all that together as she was the only one left in the house as her stepmum had gone to hospital & her dad was at work. Her dad said something along the lines of she wouldn't go out without her make up on so i imagine if she was running away, she'd definitely take that.

With all the coverage on this story, wouldn't someone have spotted her by now? All the resources that are being put in to find her as well, wouldn't she return home knowing how much effort & time is being put in & how everybody is so worried? Or at the very least let somebody know she is okay? I obviously dont know her but i can't see her being the type of girl to let her family, friends & locals frantically worry about her & search for her. It's also wasting resources & police time. Can't you legally run away at 16 as well? If she didn't want to go home, a simple phone call to the police to let them know she was safe would be okay. She can't be made to come home.

I honestly don't believe she voluntarily ran away but that's JMO.

I don't believe she ran away. I believe either something awful happened to her- or she did something awful to herself and took all traces of technology with her so whatever was bothering her or worried about or had gotten in to- would go also.

I am hoping I am wrong. I really am. It must be incredibly difficult to be so shy when you are so striking looking and a teenager- and when you come off super confident online and then not in person... I remember being that age and everything and every emotions was times 10. Her parents are split up- her dad recently remarried- the step mom is very ill- she has a history of rebellion if you believe social media- do you take your make up or phone charger if you plan on not coming back? Why not answer her best friend (if she saw the text)? Who knows what was said between her and the boyfriend but he's not sharing anything in public.

I guess I am just trying to think on why I personally would leave the house with my phone, tablet AND laptop- but no chargers, money etc...

I'm just finding it hard that they took 28 hours to report her missing. That's what's niggling at me. And the weird comment from her dad about her time of the month. Just a bizarre, personal & delicate comment to make publicly if you ask me.

I'm just finding it hard that they took 28 hours to report her missing. That's what's niggling at me. And the weird comment from her dad about her time of the month. Just a bizarre, personal & delicate comment to make publicly if you ask me.
I agree. Quite a bizarre statement to make about one's missing daughter. What's that thing you ladies have, a hinkmeter? I think I located mine and it is blaring.

Something that's been niggling me is the report of items handed to police from Troopers Hill,12 miles from her house...I know this area well,having worked and lived in St.George,Whitehall and Redfield and growing up in Bristol.My first thought when I read Troopers Hill was one much closer to her house,which would make more sense seeing she had no money/transport.I don't know how to link maps but if you search Crew's Hole,Bristol&follow it to the right you'll find the Troopers Hill I mean.
Maybe not important right now,but for future timeline/mapping purposes I really think this is the more likely one...
MOO

It could but when I was that age -not so long ago- my stuff could be lost in my friends room for weeks on end and vice versa. Doesn't have to be the friends she stayed with the night before and friend in question may not realise its still there. Or perhaps Becky broke it but didn't want parents to know so pretended she still had it??

That's what I was thinking too. Who says she definitely had her laptop. It could be an overlook. It could be hidden in her boyfriend's room under clothes for all we know unless someone saw her take off with it. I still think her shyness could make her look like a target to neighbors or people that may know her. (Or online predators, especially since her FB photos are public, scary, please make sure your teens have locked/hidden facebook profiles.)

I agree. Quite a bizarre statement to make about one's missing daughter. What's that thing you ladies have, a hinkmeter? I think I located mine and it is blaring.

I agree too... So strange. My dad never even knew that about me other than I might have more attitude. Gives me the heeby jeebies.

This case is sending my hinky dar off the damn scale! I think this is going to be pretty grim.

Re: remarks reharsing boyfriends FB.

It looks as though for the main part he has got his security set to private which is why we can only see when hes changed his profile pics. He may have posted statuses but unless we are friends with him we wont see them.

By looking at the time between the pics he has posted I dont think ( but may be wrong) that je spent too much time on there in all honesty

@SwainITV: Forensic police officers worked at the home of #BeckyWatts until late last night. It's been exactly a week since last seen. Latest on @GMB

Not sure if this is in breach if terms so will remove if needed.

Family have cleared up the lapse of time aspect in reporting Becky... Bristol Evening Page FB comments from family member state parents tried to report her missing earluer yet Police stated 24 hours had to pass before she could be reported as not classed as high risk/vulnerable

Same family member makes follwing points:

Becky is shy due to past family problems but they do not include abuse

Family had been trying to organise large scale community searches as early as last Friday but were waitong to be given the ok from Police

From implied comments from family and friends I ger the impression that Beckys teenage years had been something of a struggle for her - certainly she struggled with her self esteem and confidence in her appearance. She was bunking off school from the age of 12/13 and was resitting her GCSEs. By all accounts her shyness has been put down to "past family problems" - what they are I would like to know but that she had a good relationship with her dad and step mom (verified by a 3rd party)

Im beginning to think she's gone off of her own accord OR done something to herself

Something that's been niggling me is the report of items handed to police from Troopers Hill,12 miles from her house...I know this area well,having worked and lived in St.George,Whitehall and Redfield and growing up in Bristol.My first thought when I read Troopers Hill was one much closer to her house,which would make more sense seeing she had no money/transport.I don't know how to link maps but if you search Crew's Hole,Bristol&follow it to the right you'll find the Troopers Hill I mean.
Maybe not important right now,but for future timeline/mapping purposes I really think this is the more likely one...
MOO

I've just read the same on the Daily mail website, about Troopers Hill being 12 miles from her home. It is not 12 miles, it would be less than 1 mile! I think the reporter has it confused with another "Troopers Hill", perhaps the one in Chipping Sodbury? I used to live fairly close to this area, although I don't know St George all that well.

I've just read the same on the Daily mail website, about Troopers Hill being 12 miles from her home. It is not 12 miles, it would be less than 1 mile! I think the reporter has it confused with another "Troopers Hill", perhaps the one in Chipping Sodbury? I used to live fairly close to this area, although I don't know St George all that well.
Good point - I hadn't picked up on that though I should have as I used to live very local to Beckys address

Bit delicate and weird to Facebook that about your own daughter. Just my opinion. Seems like something to excuse her blood in the house. Again, JMO.

Or if needing to "excuse" blood on her undergarments :(
(Including if a pair were found in the home during the search and not just actually on her if/when she's found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109