GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the kidnap plot is an excuse dreamed up after she died, to give a "nicer" reason for what happened than what really did happen. He's admitting to killing her but in a way that he can argue had good intentions...to help his mother and get Becky to appreciate life. To most people the kidnap scare plot is bad enough, yet he claims SH once mentioned a similar plot from her childhood so maybe to them it seemed feasible to them at a time when they needed to come up with a possible motive quickly.

I still can't understand why he didn't say there was a quarrel which escalated and he lost control. We've been told that Becky could be rude, so it could have been a plausible story.

Thinking about the cheque. I wonder if he could have taken it from her and made some sort of demand, saying "You won't get this cheque back unless you ... "

not sure which bit is confusing? just to make it clearer, I think he wouldn't carry a body wrapped in a duvet from the car into the house in daylight. I think he would have put Becky in the case while still in the boot, and then move the case in to the house.

Sorry, I'll try again.

He wouldn't risk carrying a body from the car into CML, in broad daylight, unless it was in a suitcase. He would have put the body into a suitcase whilst still in the boot of the car once he had got to CML. At that point he gets a trolley and wheels the suitcase into CML. I think that's what you are saying.

My badly worded question was, why wouldn't he risk carrying a body wrapped in a duvet, in broad daylight, into CML when it was fine to carry a body wrapped in a duvet, in broad daylight, from the house to the car in CH? This might already have been answered by someone posting a pic of CML upthread. It's very open and exposed outside CML.

I think it's started somewhere in the doc's. That in order for the photos to be taken. The ones that were shown in Court. The Police say that 'while it's been made to look like the actual crime scene photos. Because items were moved in the search if the household. That not all the items were placed back in their original setting. But was done to replicate as much as possible the scenes of crime as per first examination'

I don't think that's correct. The photos are from when NM/SH were arrested. The statement about items having been put back in the house to replicate the scene of the crime is to do with when the jury visited the house during the trial.

You can tell the photo of the bath is from before the forensic investigations happened because it hasn't been ripped out.

re SH comment about the wind causing the door to slam -

to me it is absolute proof that her story is a complete fabrication [ETA a fabrication that started when AG came home], I haven't explained myself very well on this so I will try to do so now.

She said to Anjie, she had heard BW stomping down and slamming the door. That is her justification for thinking BW left in a mood.

BUT, she also says to Anjie, that she had considered if it was the wind.

It's to do with making a judgement on what is happening as you hear it happening. For instance I hear one of my kids stomping into the kitchen and pulling a saucepan out of a cupboard making a clattering sound against the other pans in the cupboard. I assume they are doing it, I have a reason to assume it because I heard them stomping in before I heard the clattering noises. I don't then think at any stage either after the noise or during the noise that it could just be the saucepans toppling over in the cupboard and the kids have nothing to do with the making of the sound I heard.

SH is justifying to Anjie and the police why she thought it was BW leaving in a mood. She heard the moody stomping. Adding in that she thought 'was that the wind?' is just to make it seem as if she had stopped to consider at the time 'what else could I be hearing?' But you don't think 'is it something else?' if you have a sound reason for making your former judgement.

ETA - It's like me explaining to someone later on. I thought 'is that the saucepans falling over because I haven't put them away carefully?, but then I thought - no it couldn't have been because I heard the kids going in there and pulling them out of the cupboard'

just bringing this forward because I made a couple of edits after

re SH comment about the wind causing the door to slam -

to me it is absolute proof that her story is a complete fabrication, I haven't explained myself very well on this so I will try to do so now.

She said to Anjie, she had heard BW stomping down and slamming the door. That is her justification for thinking BW left in a mood.

BUT, she also says to Anjie, that she had considered if it was the wind.

It's to do with making a judgement on what is happening as you hear it happening. For instance I hear one of my kids stomping into the kitchen and pulling a saucepan out of a cupboard making a clattering sound against the other pans in the cupboard. I assume they are doing it, I have a reason to assume it because I heard them stomping in before I heard the clattering noises. I don't then think at any stage either after the noise or during the noise that it could just be the saucepans toppling over in the cupboard and they have nothing to do with the making of the sound I heard.

SH is justifying to Anjie and the police why she thought it was BW leaving in a mood. She heard the moody stomping. Adding in that she thought 'was that the wind?' is just to make it seem as if she had stopped to consider at the time 'what else could I be hearing?' But you don't think was it something else if you had a sound reason for making your former judgement.

ETA - It's like me explaining to someone later on. I thought 'is that the saucepans falling over because I haven't put them away carefully?, but then I thought - no it couldn't have been because I heard the kids going in there and pulling them out of the cupboard'

Adding more to this, wouldn't SH after returning to the lounge room ask NM about Becky leaving, did he also hear or even see her leave? (He did make the mistake of saying he heard the door slam while in the kitchen with SH but retracted it later.)

No one checked until LO came round so SH wasn't positive Becky left earlier because she went up to her room or did she assume Becky quietly returned? And if Becky's boyfriend hadn't come round, would anyone have checked Becky's room? Would the conversation even be brought up where Becky was? Could NM have hoped no one would ask or check, and they could leave by 7pm without saying anything?

(I'm trying to look at this as SH not knowing what happened.)

:pullhair: :crosseyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member