GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to believe DD's account. I mean, please, someone in all of this mess HAS to have a conscience! My hinky meter has gone off though due to two things..

1) He told a workmate that he fell asleep on the couch when his testimony is that he fell asleep upstairs in bed.

2) He deleted specific text messages and says it was to gain more memory.

When I need more memory on my phone, I delete unnecessary texts and photos first. When I delete texts, I delete entire threads, not just texts between certain dates. DD's actions just don't ring true for me.

1. He might have fallen asleep on the sofa, woken up and then gone to bed.

2. I don't think deleting texts proves anything. Clearly none that were recovered were damningly incriminating or we would have heard about them.

Not to my recollection.

And, no one is mentioning JP's role. Why would she have pled guilty to Assiting the Offender? Because it was shown she had knowledge of the event through her text messages?

Yes most likely. Also, AFAIK, if a person holds items on their property that is 'dodgy', it's their business to know what it is and report to the police. Claiming they don't know what is in the bags/suitcases etc. doesn't cut it.

For Point 1
Perhaps, DD is on the sofa, waiting for KD to update him. DD falls asleep as it is getting late. Then KD texts him, which wakes him up. KD says, it's all sorted. DD then goes upstairs to bed.

I see. That makes sense. He was only upstairs in bed during the time everyone came back to BC to put away the bags. Maybe.

I'd like to believe DD's account. I mean, please, someone in all of this mess HAS to have a conscience! My hinky meter has gone off though due to two things..

1) He told a workmate that he fell asleep on the couch when his testimony is that he fell asleep upstairs in bed.

When I need more memory on my phone, I delete unnecessary (little threads of no importance) texts and photos first. When I delete texts, I delete entire threads, not just texts between certain dates. DD's actions just don't ring true for me.

From ColourPurple's link re the deleted texts it is reported that from Feb 1st to March 2nd 261 texts had been deleted. That's an average of about 9 a day roughly. Also that is from February 1st, which looks as if DD regularly deleted texts for the reason he says.

Also the 33 deleted between Feb. 21st - 25th. Again that is a rough average of 9 a day I think.

I don't think anything suspicious was recovered, though I could be wrong. The deleted texts don't seem odd to me for that reason. omoo

Not to my recollection.

And, no one is mentioning JP's role. Why would she have pled guilty to Assiting the Offender? Because it was shown she had knowledge of the event through her text messages?

I think it's because her text messages showed both that she knew the "stuff" was dodgy (she spoke of "hiding" it) and that they were going to be paid a considerable amount for hiding it ("a deposit for the house").

If she'd had the sense to delete the texts, as DD probably did, she'd be in the same position as DD right now - probable acquittal...

She's said she only became suspicious the night before they were arrested. Her sister has said on social media that JP was told NM had been thrown out by his girlfriend and the stuff was his belongings. We've also heard in court how JP's sister offered to go look what it was in the packages when JP became suspcious.

But if NM was simply being kicked out by SH, JP wouldn't have texted KD about "hiding" NM's stuff. I don't buy that part of her story (where she says she only became suspicious the night before she was arrested). It's neither here nor there; JP pled guilty.

I just wish SOMEONE would tell the truth!

When I need more memory on my phone, I delete unnecessary (little threads of no importance) texts and photos first. When I delete texts, I delete entire threads, not just texts between certain dates. DD's actions just don't ring true for me.

Thats what I was trying to look at on the phone expert info. There are more texts missing than ones between DD and his brother between those specified dates. They found 113 missing messages and then refer to 33 missing that were sent between 21st-25th.

She's said she only became suspicious the night before they were arrested. Her sister has said on social media that JP was told NM had been thrown out by his girlfriend and the stuff was his belongings. We've also heard in court how JP's sister offered to go look what it was in the packages when JP became suspcious.

But she had to know it was something illegal, because her texts mention the money. No one would pay enough for a house deposit just for storing their personal belongings. So she has been complicit in assisting an offender.

She's done the right thing in pleading guilty, but I think she's been very unlucky because it sounds as though she was about to report it to the police.

Could DD and KD be doing other 'dodgy' dealings? If so, they're not going to admit it. Just a thought.

I am thinking JP using "hiding" may be individual interpretation because it has been as equally reported as her using the word "storing". JMO

But if NM was simply being kicked out by SH, JP would have texted KD about "hiding" NM's stuff. I don't buy that part of her story. It's neither here nor there; JP pled guilty.

I just wish SOMEONE would tell the truth!

Arent there two versions of what she replied, one saying store the other saying hide.?

Only thing I can come up with it was "hide", would be if the bloke being kicked out (in this imaginary story)had said he needed to move his stuff out quickly and hide it from his GF or she was going to destroy it. But by talking about a deposit on a flat it sounds like she knew they were getting a big payout to hide/store something of value

Could DD and KD be doing other 'dodgy' dealings? If so, they're not going to admit it. Just a thought.

Yes and might explain him deleting texts from well before the body was moved ie from 21st Feb (if they werent deleted innocently)

With regards to the 'kiddies house' a young male family member has moved to Bristol and on the few occasions he has been home, he has used the word 'kiddy' when referring to males he now knows from Bristol. When I asked him why kiddy? he said it was just something they say.
Yep I've known loads if Bristolian use the word Kiddy

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Arent there two versions of what she replied, one saying store the other saying hide.?

Only thing I can come up with it was "hide", would be if the bloke being kicked out (in this imaginary story)had said he needed to move his stuff out quickly and hide it from his GF or she was going to destroy it. But by talking about a deposit on a flat it sounds like she knew they were getting a big payout to hide/store something of value

Exactly. Sorry I didn't add that to my post. Not knowing if she used the word "hide" or "store" doesn't really matter much (to me) because she paired it with liking the idea she was getting money for doing it.

Donovan Demetrius talked of 'dodgy dealings'
Employees at the store Donovan Demetrius worked at said in the week leading up to his arrest he was "unusually quiet" and spoke of "dodgy dealings" with his brother.

Demetrius was a lead sales manager at Home Bargains, in Bedminster, where he had worked for nine months.

But in the week leading up to the arrest of Matthews and Hoare for murder, on March 2, colleagues say the usually "bubbly" employee had become "quiet, reserved and withdrawn from conversation.

Colleague Danielle Wood, who worked with Demetrius during the week of February 24, said she had heard a conversation where he mentioned "dodgy dealings".
During that week he was a lot quieter, he kept himself to himself, he was not his bubbly self.

– DANIELLE WOOD
A conversation came up saying how tired he looked and he said he had been up all night waiting for his brother, to go and do some dodgy dealings.

He said he was waiting up for his brother but his brother had come back and said he had already done it and they were going to get a cut of the money but he didn't know how much.

– DANIELLE WOOD
His manager, Benjamin Fairley described Demetrius as a "real asset to the company" who had been improving and improving since starting the job.

But said the week leading up to his arrest he had turned up to work looking visibly tired.
He did look tired, as his manager I asked his whether he had been out. He replied to me 'My brother asked for my help with something, he ended up not needing me, I fell asleep on the sofa, it was a late night.

– BENJAMIN FAIRLEY
Last updated Wed 14 Oct 2015

http://www.itv.com/news/west/update/2015-10-12/donovan-demetrius-talked-of-dodgy-dealings/

BIB So what is this in reference to or are we to assume Danielle is mistaken/is a liar?

It could also just be a throwaway phrase, not necessarily meaning anything criminal. But then KD does have form for cannabis offences, so it might have related to something like that.

Court's finished for the day, as Judge says too little time to continue today...

( sooo wish I worked their hours ! )

Back tomorrow 10.30am

But she had to know it was something illegal, because her texts mention the money. No one would pay enough for a house deposit just for storing their personal belongings. So she has been complicit in assisting an offender.

She's done the right thing in pleading guilty, but I think she's been very unlucky because it sounds as though she was about to report it to the police.

I agree, the deposit for a flat shows she knew it was a lot of money being paid so either she'd think it was something dodgy liek drugs or a robbery haul or that theyd landed on their feet and that NM was a complete idiot. She knows NM and Sh (Invited their child to a birthday party) so when she read in MSM that they were arrested, first for kidnap she would start putting two and two together and thinking what the hell are we hiding in our shed.

I didn't find the moped explanation particularly suspicious either. If there was somebody interested in buying it and had offered to pay for it "tomorrow", then surely that can be proved by looking at previous text messages or a statement from the person concerned.

DD is the only one who seems to be sounding like someone totally innocent, and with the humanity to actually think beyond his own circumstances and relate to what the family are going through.
Not caught up yet so my opinion may change but he comes across as very compassionate, genuine and articulate

BBM
There is quite a difference in dialect between south and north Bristol, even though we are only separated by a few miles and a river!

My husbands family (North Bristol) and my family (South Bristol) use different words for the same thing - it can get very confusing!
Yes I've lived in Bemmy (Bedminster) and St Andrews and the dialect and some language used is completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member