GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't butter melt in Shauna's mouth? What is the pros saying? I never herad any reference to butter all along this case :notgood: ... Anyone?

"Butter wouldn't melt" is a common phrase used in Britain to describe someone as innocent and pleasant, like you'd say it about someone's cute little child "awk look at the wee girl, butter wouldn't melt!"

Why wouldn't butter melt in Shauna's mouth? What is the pros saying? I never herad any reference to butter all along this case :notgood: ... Anyone?

The allusion in this expression is to people who maintain such a cool demean or that they don't even have the warmth to melt butter.

The phrase is usually used in a derogatory and critical sense and, in the past at least, was most often applied to women. Occasionally, it was used to denote a quiet meekness and sweetness of temper rather than emotional coldness;

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/81900.html

Not literally.. Just means she is acting innocent.
Thank you for that though. It gave me a chuckle. :p

I've just typed out an explanation of "butter wouldn't melt" for you, but it would have confused you more! I'm sure someone will explain better, but basically "butter wouldn't melt in her mouth" means "she could do no wrong, the epitome of sweetness and innnocence"

God bless the English language!

Lol, I've never thought of how strange that must sound. It's a saying . When somebody is pretending to be innocent, well behaved etc, they're acting "like butter wouldn't melt in their mouth"

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 22m22 minutes ago  Bristol, England
That she was involved in this from the start to the finish

Could Nathan be confident that she wouldn't discover him and report him?

Was she party to a plan to kidnap BW? What is it that proves they were in it together?

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 21m21 minutes ago  Bristol, England
They shared increasing dislike of BW, jealousy and a shared interest in three way sex involving pretty teenage girls

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 19m19 minutes ago  Bristol, England
Their conversations in the previous months and the messages which are a vital part of the evidence against SH

christine megson ‏@meganewswest 9m9 minutes ago Bristol, England

Why was the car parked right up against the door - they said it was going to be washed on that rainy day

I agree, so far it's more like SH knew the plan from start to finish, but not anything about her physical participation.

He has said, two against one would be far easier, were they hoping that if they terrified her, she would be too frightened to complain and the evidence points to the fact that SH was part of the plan to kidnap and take Becky away.

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 18m18 minutes ago  Bristol, England
The jury is again being taken through the text messages between NM and SH by prosecutor William Mousley

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 17m17 minutes ago  Bristol, England
"The concept of kidnap is raised in those messages, and it's raised by Shauna"

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 17m17 minutes ago  Bristol, England
She says it's all a bit of a joke to keep Nathan happy.

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 13m13 minutes ago  Bristol, England
Becky wasn't going to come quietly - it would need a lot of force to get her away

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 12m12 minutes ago  Bristol, England
It's an awful lot easier if it's two against one, what other purpose was there for them to go there on that day?

Leave the FB drama on FB please, don't bring it here.

Thank you

The prosecutor said it was a "presentation". I'm guessing we weren't privy to it. He said it after he was talking about her being cold. I LOVE the phrase.

ETA: I see from other posts that there is another meaning. Mine was literal; the other is so cool. Great saying, either way!

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 12m12 minutes ago  Bristol, England
Why was the car parked right up against the door - they said it was going to be washed on that rainy day

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 11m11 minutes ago  Bristol, England
We suggest they planned to take her back to Cotton Mill Lane

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 11m11 minutes ago  Bristol, England
The only difference is that when they did take her back to Cotton Mill Lane she was dead.

He has said, two against one would be far easier, were they hoping that if they terrified her, she would be too frightened to complain and the evidence points to the fact that SH was part of the plan to kidnap and take Becky away.

yes, missed it. So glad he did otherwise the charges don't make sense.

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 10m10 minutes ago  Bristol, England
We're they hoping that if they terrified her she would be too frightened to complain?

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 10m10 minutes ago  Bristol, England
We submit that the evidence points clearly to the fact that she was part of the plan to kidnap and take Becky away

Lol, I've never thought of how strange that must sound. It's a saying . When somebody is pretending to be innocent, well behaved etc, they're acting "like butter wouldn't melt in their mouth"

Yep - we use it in Oz as well :) Usually used to describe the cat when food has mysteriously disappeared...

Head hairs matching Becky's profile found in Matthew's car

The prosecution is outlining details of the case previously heard by the jury.
Ther jury is told how Darren Galsworthy reported his daughter missing on February 20.
The jury are also told how no blood was detected on the black folding boot matt of Matthew’s Vauxhall Zafira.
However, blood was found on the parcel shelf. It matched the profile of Matthews.
Becky’s blood was found on the outside edge of a pair of handcuffs found near her body parts.
Three head hairs found in the car boot were in keeping as having originated from Becky.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-live-6773003#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 1 min1 minute ago
William Mousley continuing his closing argument for the prosecution.This is their argument

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 31s31 seconds ago  Bristol, England
William Mousley QC, prosecutor continues his closing arguments in the case of Becky Watts.

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 47 secs47 seconds ago
Prosecution claim SH also went upstairs and helped subdue BW.

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 45s45 seconds ago  Bristol, England
Prosecution is alleging that Shauna Hoare was present when Nathan Matthews attempted to abduct Becky Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member