Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:gaah:

:tantrum:

This is really frustrating. It was implied the other day that SH would need to be found guilty on Count 1 (conspiracy to kidnap) in order for her to be found guilty on Count 2 (murder).

UK and Eire Database are saying it will take between 60 - 90 minutes for the judge to sum up but the jury could take '5 days or so to reach a verdict'!

I'm thinking that the verdict will come sooner than 5 days. It was said at the beginning for the trial that it was expected to last 6-8 weeks and look how quickly the trial was finished.

Anyone else have a guess as to how long it will take the jury to sift through the evidence and render a verdict?

I'm thinking that the verdict will come sooner than 5 days. It was said at the beginning for the trial that it was expected to last 6-8 weeks and look how quickly the trial was finished.

Anyone else have a guess as to how long it will take the jury to sift through the evidence and render a verdict?

3 days, unless they are split

Just paraphrasing again here, apparently there are reporting restrictions in place at the moment during Judge's summing up - hence no tweets

UK & Eire saying Judge has imposed reporting restrictions atm

ah - judge has directed reporting restrictions atm

If they go out today, I could possibly see verdicts by Friday, but if they dont go out til tomorrow, then I predict next week - although I hope it would be this week

Why - we want to know - we want to know blahhhhhh!!

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 45 secs45 seconds ago
i) Whether SH possessed two stun guns #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 58s58 seconds ago

i) Whether SH possessed two stun guns #beckywatts

Finally !

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 24 secs24 seconds ago
a) whether NM is guilty of conspiracy to kidnap with SH
b) whether SH is guilty of conspiracy kidnap with NM
#beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 33s33 seconds ago
c) whether NM is guilty of murder
d) whether SH is guilty of manslaughter or murder #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 29s30 seconds ago
e) whether SH is guilty of perverting the course of justice
f) whether SH is guilty of preventing a lawful burial #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 27s28 seconds ago
g) whether JI is guilty of assisting an offender.
h) whether DD is guilty of assisting an offender #beckywatts

If found guilty of conspiring to kidnap - that would surely be based on the texts they sent each other. Both would be found guilty of that obviously (sorry!) as you can't conspire with yourself. I don't actually believe there was a kidnap plan. However apart from being at every location at the 'right time', that is the most evidence they have on SH. So, his ridiculous kidnap story which is clearly untrue, could be the one thing that gets SH a guilty verdict!

If they can't decide on a guilty verdict for murder for SH due to lack of any evidence, is it possible the jury could go for conspiracy to kidnap, even if they find her not guilty of murder, just to ensure she gets a hefty sentence of some kind? Plus the preventing of a lawful burial could stick, as she was there at the purchase of the items used for wrapping the body parts. I know its kind of unethical, but I'd go for that if I thought a murder conviction might be appealed/overturned due to lack of evidence!

just to be clear, do you mean you think it was manslaughter?

Yes, absolutely. Or possibly murder, but in a "last minute decision, got to kill her" kind of way. I would just struggle to find him guilty of murder beyond reasonable doubt though I think.

Can anyone guess as to why the judge has imposed reporting restrictions on his summing up? Is this normal practice? I have never followed a trial or been in a court before.

UK & Eire saying Judge has imposed reporting restrictions atm

That is very unfair of him. How can we make a informed decision if we aren't privy to what he is saying.

:tantrum: :gaah: :giggle:

This is really frustrating. It was implied the other day that SH would need to be found guilty on Count 1 (conspiracy to kidnap) in order for her to be found guilty on Count 2 (murder).

Yes I hope the judge corrects that

Sounds like we will get a summary, once Judge has finished

I'm quite pleased. Means I can go and pick the kids up (in the driving wind and rain - felt like I was on an arctic expedition this morning...), get home, make a brew, sit down and catch up.

How much notice will we get when the jury come back to announce the verdicts? I want to make sure I'm here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barbie182