GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC both of them said that NM had bought them and that although her name was used (was it her other name, SP?) the general consensus was that she hadn't been the one to purchase them. I could be wrong though.. ? I think she said she had no idea they were stun guns although she may have seen them around and just thought they were torches.
Thank you. So it was just another thing she was apparently unaware of.

I feel cheated, in a sense. I'm not sure about BW'S family/friends. NM'S sentence was fit for the crime. But SH'S fell short IMO. I'm hoping that she serves the 17. And doesn't get let off with good behaviour. As I feel that would be an insult to BW' memory.
I do hope given time they both reflect on the evil that transpired between them. As they'll have plenty of time on their hands.
I just hope that Becky's family continue to gain strength. And her spirit lives on. As vibrant as she was..

How are you feeling about the sentences now, Skibs? Thought you were gonna blow a gasket earlier lol!

I've worked out SH could be eligible for parole in September 2023 and that feels too soon, though I also don't feel especially outraged (mulled wine is helping me...). As for NM, 33 years will do me, I doubt he'll leave alive somehow.

My biggest fear is that they will appeal, and the family will have to live it all again.

Lol I did get myself into a bit of a tizzy. I think the judges statements were leading us to believe he was going to hit harder than he did. Now, I'm relatively happy with NM's sentence, SH, not so much. BUT in hindsight much better than I was feeling a couple weeks ago, when I was doubting whether SH would be found guilty of anything at all.

At the end of the day I don't believe any form of punishment is fitting, for a crime as heinous as this. :(

Bless them...
Does anyone know what they are referring to when they say Becky has gotten justice "for now"?
Also, aren't these uncles around the same age as NM? I wonder what they thought of him before he murdered their niece...

I'm sure someone will have already replied to this post by now, (I am working backwards through the posts.)

I interpreted that comment as - when the time comes and they are notified that SH is going through the parole review process , they will be communicating their feelings to the parole board. At the moment, in keeping with the dignified stance, they don't want to in any way criticise the Judge's sentences. IMO

What disturbs me about the people on the UK and Eire Facebook is they're all fantasising about violence. I understand what it is like to be angry about a murder - a family friend of mine was killed by her boyfriend - but it just isn't in me to wish violence on anyone.

I used to work for an animal charity that rescued abused animals and so many "well meaning" people would say to me that the abusers should have the same thing they did to the animal done to them and they'd go into great detail about it and were very aggressive and they seemed to get a huge thrill saying these things. It was seriously disturbing - encountering these people was actually the worst part of the job.

Thoughts are with the jury too, I hope they all have a big fat glass of wine tonight and are able to move on from this. Must have been an awful few weeks.
I'm having a big fat glass of wine tonight. I can't even begin to imagine how harrowing this has been, and will continue to be for the jury.

I love the idea of 'The Becky Watts Foundation' that her uncles talked about in the video posted a page or so back. I think that is a wonderful way to honour her memory. I hope there will be ways for the public to get involved, I know I would really like to do something.

I'm contemplating whether in a roundabout way this was a crime against Anjie, in NM's mind.

His intense feelings of rage and rejection for her raising Becky and not him, that he couldn't ever let her know about because he may lose her love. So remove and smash the object of Anjie's love and attention and focus.

Or was it a sexual urge that took over him? I cannot forget the judge's comment about inexplicable things that happened to her body. The ripped gusset, the removed tampon perhaps, or the slash wound across her chest.

For me - the first one.

I've never been fully convinced about the sexual motive for this case .... despite the kidnap texts and his *advertiser censored* habit. There must be millions of people who view no end of *advertiser censored* and probably fantasise about all sorts of weird things, but never take it any further.

I can't get past the nastiness and hate towards Becky in their interviews, SH's comment about DG taking Becky out of his will, NM calling his mum a ******* because she loaned money to Becky and so on. The 40 injuries and the way Becky's body was treated suggest rage and hatred to me.

Bizarrely, he got what he wanted. He got rid of the person he saw as stealing his mum's love away from him - the threat has gone. And now his mum is saying she will visit him in prison and made a public statement that she still loved him. And SH can smoke, eat no end of fattening food, take up her educational courses again, and make new 'friends' without his apparent control. Suddenly, their sentences don't seem so severe :(

However, all those involved in the prosecution believed it was a sexually motivated attack, so I'm sure they know best :)

Could return here only now. Rant over. My apologies to fellows and mods as I wrote here a rant (nothing too serious) in capital letters and font nº 6 :blushing: directed to the judge, which was imediately deleted by the mods. It was as far as I saw both verdicts. Thank you for the mods to have deleted it and my apologies again.

I don't know what would be needed for NM to do to get whole life! Perhaps he would need to coward and cruelly murder Becky and dismember her body?! But he did it! What was needed more? The crime was not too serious? The judge had tears in his eyes as it was reported, but he had better to be harder on them!

And what about miss hoare? As I read before switching off the computer after the sentencing, she will do only half the time - 8 1/2 years!! Is this right? Why? Why so little time for this crime?!

It appears the family is 'content' with the sentences? Well, what can they say the poor, poor persons? They are broken and perhaps with no strength for more. But this is not a sentence fo such a crime comited wth such depravity!!

Well, I have better to calm down...

Tonight will pass today's happenings to the one drive public folder and we'll have it all complet about the Trial for Becky Watts. I''ll do it till the end even being so frustrated but I'll do it...
... for Becky.

To each and everyone of you who have been here claiming for justice for this beautiful,

kind,funny, loving, loyal and feisty
(in the words of her Mum) sixteen years old girl I thank

you for all your work, time and the many 'pieces' of your own selves that you apported to this

case. With dignity, intelectual honesty and respect.

To the mods of this fabulous site, I add also my Thanks. You, with your always atentive work

always help us keeping this pages under some order, respect and civility.

Thank You!

Thoughts are with the jury too, I hope they all have a big fat glass of wine tonight and are able to move on from this. Must have been an awful few weeks.

Huge thoughts with the jury. They are ordinary people like we are, thrown into the most horrendous situation imaginable. Even we, here at Websleuths, might be better equipped dealing with it than someone who has never ever followed a crime case in detail. It must have been absolutely draining and my heart goes out to them - they won't be able to just clock off and go home, it will stay with them forever.

If any of them just happens to see this, I say thank you and bless you in equal measures :tyou:

Beesknees, how did you get involved in this case, living in Portugal. Was it widely reported there?

What disturbs me about the people on the UK and Eire Facebook is they're all fantasising about violence. I understand what it is like to be angry about a murder - a family friend of mine was killed by her boyfriend - but it just isn't in me to wish violence on anyone.

I used to work for an animal charity that rescued abused animals and so many "well meaning" people would say to me that the abusers should have the same thing they did to the animal done to them and they'd go into great detail about it and were very aggressive and they seemed to get a huge thrill saying these things. It was seriously disturbing - encountering these people was actually the worst part of the job.

Well, quite. Without wanting to sound too rude, ahem, most of them can hardly string a sentence together and hardly seem as though they represent the cream of the gene pool...

Well, quite. Without wanting to sound too rude, ahem, most of them can hardly string a sentence together and hardly seem as though they represent the cream of the gene pool...

However, they could all be called for jury service, which is a sobering thought!

She "speaks" really well. I think she has been the forgotten victim - DG's family is so big, and there has been a lot of activity on social media from them since February (by that I mean searchable, not they have been posting things to the general public) so I think a lot of the time it has been forgotten that Becky had another family. Her mum and grandma have been so dignified and private. I really hope they have been getting the support and help they need.

I think there is tension between them because of Anjie it must be so hard for all of them. Was it ever known why Dan (Beckys brother)changed his name?

Beesknees, how did you get involved in this case, living in Portugal. Was it widely reported there?

No, never was!

But, since Madeleine McCann's case, I got used to have a daily peek on the UK newspapers online. So, I saw Becky's missing as far as it was reported. Then, at the same time I watched that first appeal her Dad made and it sank deeply inside me.

I have been following it all and the fact that she was found in the way she was and also being murdered by her stepbrother kept me stuck to her case. I have reviewed that vídeo clip of her where she is doing the 'curry chalenge' with her Dad and... It is the only time I have seen her 'alive' speaking. Never saw any other vídeo from her. That's why I like so much the pics that are taken from that vídeo. She was there alive, with no make up, a so common and lively 16 years old like so many others...

I will stay with Becky's memory inside of me forever.

And there are too many 'Rebeccas'. Taken from their lives still in 'blossom', but some touch us deeper than others :cry:

I think there is tension between them because of Anjie it must be so hard for all of them. Was it ever known why Dan (Beckys brother)changed his name?

Its understandable, isn't it. To be honest, I can't get my head around her saying publicly that she still loves him. I'd keep that to myself if it were my son. I know we can't even begin to put ourselves in her position, but I can totally understand why Becky's mum would find it difficult to see/speak to AG now. I think it would be easier if she had disowned NM or come out in public and said that she never wanted to see him again. Despite the horrendous things he did, AG still has her child, Becky's mum doesn't - I guess it is as simple as that.

Yes, I wondered if he has taken his mum's side in the tensions between his parents since the tragedy? He is very close to his mum from what I can tell on fb e.g. he posted a photo of Becky and said that he sees her face every day in his mum's. My heart aches in particular for Dan and Tanya who have stayed out of the public eye.

Its understandable, isn't it. To be honest, I can't get my head around her saying publicly that she still loves him. I'd keep that to myself if it were my son. I know we can't even begin to put ourselves in her position, but I can totally understand why Becky's mum would find it difficult to see/speak to AG now. I think it would be easier if she had disowned NM or come out in public and said that she never wanted to see him again. Despite the horrendous things he did, AG still has her child, Becky's mum doesn't - I guess it is as simple as that.
They'd be uproar if she didn't say she still loved him though. A mother's love is 'supposed' to be unconditional. (Not always in personal opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member