GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 5 minutes to go. I will be very miffed if JP gets off with less time than the others. Having children is no excuse to get off virtually scott free

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Uk crimes against children are posting live from court again

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 30m30 minutes ago

The couple have pleaded guilty on the basis they didn't know what was in the bags. The plea was accepted by the prosecution

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 30m30 minutes ago

It's never been the prosecution's case that the pair actually knew what they were storing for Nathan Matthews

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 15m15 minutes ago

Judge: "your position is much more serious than if this had in reality been a drugs offence"

His Honour Judge Neil Ford QC handed Demetrius a two year jail term and sentenced Parsons to 16 months.

UK & Eire database for all crimes against children Thats it. Both defendants are taken away by security. Beckys family cry

So if I am calculating this correctly, KD could be out in a matter of weeks, as he has done almost one year ...........

and JP had done 6 months last year ( March to August ) so she will only have to do 2 months before she is out

Heart West News ‏@HeartWestNews 3m3 minutes ago

Karl Demetrius sentenced to 2yrs for helping Nathan Matthews hide body of Becky Watts

Heart West News ‏@HeartWestNews 4m4 minutes ago

Jaydene Parsons sentenced to 16 months for helping Nathan Matthews hide body of Becky Watts

In reality, KD will be out very soon I'm not sure how long JP will be in for. While I don't condone what they did, I do believe they thought they were hiding drugs. I get the impression there's mixed feelings from Becky's family members towards KD and JP.

So if I am calculating this correctly, KD could be out in a matter of weeks, as he has done almost one year ...........

and JP had done 6 months last year ( March to August ) so she will only have to do 2 months before she is out

Yes this sounds about right.

To sum up:

NM got 33 years for murder
SH got 17 years for manslaughter
KD got 2 years for assisting an offender (already done 11 months so due out in March)
JP got 16 months for assisting an offender (already done 5 months so due out in May)
JI acquitted (but served 8 months on remand)
DD acquitted (but served 5 months on remand)

In reality, KD will be out very soon I'm not sure how long JP will be in for. While I don't condone what they did, I do believe they thought they were hiding drugs. I get the impression there's mixed feelings from Becky's family members towards KD and JP.

I reckon the family probably think (like most of us here) that K&J were naive, stupid, greedy and did something illegal. However, they were not a part of Becky's death and have learnt a huge lesson a very hard way.

Yes this sounds about right.

To sum up:

NM got 33 years for murder
SH got 17 years for manslaughter
KD got 2 years for assisting an offender (already done 11 months so due out in March)
JP got 16 months for assisting an offender (already done 5 months so due out in May)
JI acquitted (but served 8 months on remand)
DD acquitted (but served 5 months on remand)
It does make me mad that the two who were acquitted will have served just as much time as JP who is guilty of a crime. British justice system I guess...

It does make me mad that the two who were acquitted will have served just as much time as JP who is guilty of a crime. British justice system I guess...

Yup, an 18-20 month sentence would have just edged her ahead of JI in the amount of time served.

Agreed.

Plus the silence from them, after they knew NM and SH had been arrested still does not sit well with me.
You would have to be extremely stupid ( and they are not from everything I have read ) to think there was no connection and, even though they * allegedly* only thought the packages were cannabis or similar, they still should have spoken up straight away and not waited for the police to come knocking ( 3 days later ) and then to say they were * just about* to call the police.

Again, from what I have read elsewhere, I don't buy the tears in court yesterday. Tears for herself, no one else.

I can't believe I missed it again! Thank you Alyce for posting the tweets!

I'm with you there sar, it doesn't seem fair at all.

Skibs, I swear you've been here so long you're on American time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit