GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Generalising here. I think people often forget that in most cases we only get told a fraction of what the police know. Then they assume that because something hasn't been reported, it didn't happen. Some things are so routine that they don't get mentioned, which leads to questions like "Why haven't they done house-to-house enquiries?" or "Why haven't they checked xyz?" when the fact is that these things have been done, and the results not made public.

People also lose sight of the fact that the police are not obliged to tell us everything, or indeed anything. I think this will turn out to be a fairly simple case with no sensational or bizarre reasons behind it. Only one person has been charged with murder, no one else seems to be suspected of involvement in the murder itself.

Confirmation from A&S Site

A further four people have been charged in connection with the Becky Watts investigation.

Karl Demetrius, 29, Donovan Demetrius, also 29, Jaydene Parsons, 23, all of Barton Court, Bristol and James Ireland, 23, of Richmond Villas, Avonmouth, have all been charged with assisting an offender.

They have been remanded in custody and are due before Bristol Magistrates’ Court this afternoon (06/03).

The fifth person - a 23 year old man who was also arrested on Monday 2nd March, has been released without charge.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....connection-with-the-becky-watts-investigation

Busy day at court on March 26 then !

Wow - guess police didn't believe the whole "I've found this in my back garden story. .

Perhaps you missed some of the stuff being posted yesterday.

There was some quite comically tangential stuff coming out.

Extrapolation of zero facts can have some quite interesting results especially when people appear to be smoking the good stuff. [emoji573]

For what it's worth, I agree with you.

Murder is normally tragic, simple and obvious.

To be fair, the 'I post disturbing things' is really not disturbing at all if you look at the page, it's the usual click-bait crap most groups share but nothing disturbing at all that I saw. I just looked at the 'caught having sex' - only briefly cos my daughter came downstairs but again, that just looks like people getting caught having sex in awkward places and treated humourously in the usual FB fashion along with the usual 'you'll never believe what happened next' type posts. I see nothing eyebrow raising about either really.

Scanning the 'likes' the 2 stood out to me, I didn't look at the pages. The photo for the caught having sex was inappropriate IMO, naked women in sexual positions has no place on FB, again, JMO! That's all I meant by raise an eyebrow

Generalising here. I think people often forget that in most cases we only get told a fraction of what the police know. Then they assume that because something hasn't been reported, it didn't happen. Some things are so routine that they don't get mentioned, which leads to questions like "Why haven't they done house-to-house enquiries?" or "Why haven't they checked xyz?" when the fact is that these things have been done, and the results not made public.

People also lose sight of the fact that the police are not obliged to tell us everything, or indeed anything. I think this will turn out to be a fairly simple case with no sensational or bizarre reasons behind it. Only one person has been charged with murder, no one else seems to be suspected of involvement in the murder itself.
I guess it is difficult for someone outside the UK to understand the way our system works. In the US it seems common in some states for the media to be fed an incredible amount of detail almost real time. Not sure how they can ever have a fair trial. I don't know if anyone followed the Scott Peterson case but night after night Fox New slated his character. Whether he was guilty or not there can't have been a single jury member that didn't believe he did it before the trial even started.

I too don't understand why people presume something hasn't been done because the press didn't tell us. Especially when it's something that is routine procedure. These are experienced murder investigation team detectives. This is not a random collection of people who have never done this before. By all means criticise them (based on actual facts) when they **** up but don't invent things.

Scanning the 'likes' the 2 stood out to me, I didn't look at the pages. The photo for the caught having sex was inappropriate IMO, naked women in sexual positions has no place on FB, again, JMO! That's all I meant by raise an eyebrow

It is inappropriate, I agree but it just reminded me of pages like where people are pictured messed up in nightclubs with puke all over them etc. Groups like that generate thousands of likes from young people so it didn't ring any sort of alarm bells to me once I'd actually checked the content that NM liked them.

I guess it is difficult for someone outside the UK to understand the way our system works. In the US it seems common in some states for the media to be fed an incredible amount of detail almost real time. Not sure how they can ever have a fair trial. I don't know if anyone followed the Scott Peterson case but night after night Fox New slated his character. Whether he was guilty or not there can't have been a single jury member that didn't believe he did it before the trial even started.

I too don't understand why people presume something hasn't been done because the press didn't tell us. Especially when it's something that is routine procedure. These are experienced murder investigation team detectives. This is not a random collection of people who gave never done this before. By all means criticise them (based on actual facts) when the **** up but don't invent things.

Couldn't agree with you more, on both points.

Do we actually know that he claimed that?

I saw the photo of him in camouflage gear but that could have been bought from Army Surplus or eBay to play paint balling or airsoft.

Really not trying to defend this guy, just asking a genuine question.

He did list it as his occupation ...... along with Pizza delivery person

Wallace:

Sorry, feel I have to rectify my post. From Daily Mail
An acquaintance, who did not wish to be named, told Bristol Post " He is quite a reserved guy and has good discipline from his time in the Army"

Whether true or not.

I'm intrigued as to how anyone goes about raising this subject (helping dispose of remains) with friends. Especially with friends who, to all outwardly intents and purposes didn't seem to to know NM/SH all that well or for all that long..

Is this aimed at my 'wild theory'? If so I did say it was wild. Don't appreciate the mocking, personally I would never do that.
I don't think it was necessarily aimed at you skibs. I for one saw posts about serial killers and cults yesterday which made me think ????? There's absolutely no evidence to support that..

He did list it as his occupation ...... along with Pizza delivery person

Perhaps he had some kind of civilian post working for the army at some point, his profile didn't specify he was a soldier (I agree it could be implied).

Folks, posting screen shots of social media is not allowed, the rules have been posted numerous times.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

Becky Watts: Four More People Charged

Four more people have been charged in connection with the murder of teenager Becky Watts.

Karl Demetrius and Donovan Demetrius, both 29, along with Jaydene Parsons, 23, all of Barton Court, Bristol, have been charged with assisting an offender.

James Ireland, 23, of Richmond Villas, Avonmouth, faces the same charge.

They have been remanded in custody and are due before Bristol Magistrates' Court this afternoon.

A fifth person, who was arrested on Monday, has been released without charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member