UK UK - Richard Edwards, 27, London, Feb 1995

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Families of missing people to appear on Britain's Got Talent
Today is the 22nd anniversary of Richard's disappearance and his sister Rachel will appear with the families of other missing people on the show.

The choir previously released a song penned by a man whose son also went missing. Peter Boxell's son Lee (15) went missing from south London in 1988. Mr Boxell wrote the song 'I miss you' in tribute to his son.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/riche...vital-new-evidence-case-missing-manic-2239001

Apparently the wrong time frame has been looked at all these years - it was believed that Richey crossed the bridge at 2.55pm but it was 2.55am.

I guess this could produce new leads but I'm not sure realistically it will.

I think Rachel is amazing how she keeps the profile of the case high. I don't feel like Richey could have left his family in misery all these years if he'd decided to disappear though.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

This is a case that I have followed for many years- as I was a musician working at the same time as the Manics and always felt they were fantastic. I've researched this case backwards and forwards. I do believe that Richey could be alive or at least was alive for potential months/years after his disappearance. I mention my own connection to the industry because I knew people who actually began to achieve fame...and then realized that it was confining, terrible and began to look for ways out of it, I was one of those people. I believe that Richey is a textbook case of what can happen (to a sensitive/decent person) when he gets what he wants.
Richey was an honest enough person that I believe he would've mentioned he had considered suicide- when in fact he denied it vehemently. I also point to the fact his car had been lived in when found at the bridge and the battery was dead.
It is important to note that he did have a strong history of depression, cutting, anorexia, and alcohol abuse. I think he had wanted out of the band for some time, once success became a strain- but felt obligated to them and thus began a downward spiral and seeking a way out.
My hope is that this NEW EVIDENCE of the timeframe will somehow offer more clues and open up this tragic case. His parents and sister deserve this and one only has to watch an interview with Rachel Elias to feel for her and her parents.
Timeline- Jan. 31-1995-Richey checks into Embassy hotel, leaving for America tour the next day. He speaks to his mother and tells her he's not looking fwd to it. Feb. 1- he goes missing
Feb. 5- He is spotted at Newport passport office (supposedly)--------Feb. 7- Taxi driver claims Richey hires him to take him to his old neighborhood and drops him off at Severn Bridge where Richey's car is later found days later.
New time frame's important because of the fact that when he crossed the bridge was at approx. 2pm. Now we know this was a mistake and Richey crossed the bridge around 2AM-hopefully someone will recall this and can offer clues to a 23 yr old case.

Cops STILL searching for missing Manics star Richey Edwards – 10 years after his ‘death’

COPS are still looking for missing Manic Street Preachers guitarist Richey Edwards.

The investigation into the troubled star's disappearance is still open to this date – as fans mourn the 10th anniversary of Richey’s official death.

Edwards – the band's key lyricist – went missing from the Embassy Hotel in central London on February 1, 1995, aged 27 – the day the Welsh group were due to jet off to the United States for a promotional tour.

To this day, his disappearance remains a mystery.

It is widely believed that Richey jumped from the Severn Bridge to his death.

But, in the years since he vanished, there have been several reported sightings of the musician around the world.

[...]

upload_2018-11-25_17-27-5.jpegupload_2018-11-25_17-27-15.jpegupload_2018-11-25_17-27-28.jpegupload_2018-11-25_17-27-41.jpegupload_2018-11-25_17-27-56.jpegupload_2018-11-25_17-28-13.jpegupload_2018-11-25_17-33-7.jpeg

Missing Manics star Richey Edwards’ secret suicide note? Vanished Rocker’s ‘cryptic clues’ – Brinkwire

'Vital' new clue in search for Manic Street Preachers guitarist Richey

Richey Edwards' sister on the search for the missing Manic: ‘When there’s no body, how can you say he’s dead?’

Did Manic Street rocker fake his own death?

A new book claims Manic Street Preachers star Richey Edwards faked his own death more than 20 years ago.

The Welsh rocker disappeared in 1995 at just 27-years-old and was officially presumed dead by authorities in 2008.

But a new book, supported by his sister Rachel, has revealed a theory that the musician staged his disappearance and is now laying low in Israel.

The book is called Withdrawn Traces — Searching For The Truth About Richey Manic, by Sara Hawys Roberts and Leon Noakes.

According to The Sun, it investigates the star's life and found his family had a history of disappearing - his Great-Aunt Bessie lived as a hermit for 80 years and his uncle Shane went "off the grid" after travelling to the US in the early 60s - and he had a fascination with recluses like JD Salinger.

[...]

Reading the book now. Heartbreaking to read how affected by the death of his beloved dog Snoopy he was (as any animal owner will know the pain of) which occurred just weeks before he went missing. Some of his journal writings - like on suicide - are quite bleak. Still remember vividly those days when he first went missing. I would like to think he opted for a completely new existence, but realistically I think he opted for an end.

Feb 1 2020
New appeal for missing Manic Street Preachers lyricist Richey Edwards
ba38f740-44e0-11ea-aff3-5b102eabb5c6

View photos
Richey Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers is interviewed in the offices of the NME, London, 1992. (Photo by Martyn Goodacre/Getty Images)

''He has been missing for 25 years, and presumed dead since 2008, but a fresh appeal has been released for Manic Street Preachers band member Richey Edwards.

The troubled guitarist and lyricist went missing on 1 February 1995, same day he was due to fly to the US to undertake a promotional tour, and his car was discovered near the Severn Bridge, prompting fears he had committed suicide.

However, his body has never been found, prompting rumours and conspiracy theories, helped by alleged sightings, Edwards is alive and living abroad.''

His sister, Rachel has worked at Missing Persons since he went missing and the charity has issued a new appeal.

Kate Graham of Missing Persons said: “Richard, if you are reading this, please call or text us on our free phone number, 116 000. It’s confidential and we can’t trace your call.
843684f0-44e0-11ea-abf5-a4305887dcad

View photos
Rachel Elias, sister of missing Manic Street Preachers guitarist Richey Edwards, holds up posters of her missing loved one outside the Houses of Parliament, London, ahead of her giving evidence at the UK's first Parliamentary Inquiry into the rights of families of missing people. (Photo by Clive Gee/PA Images via Getty Images)
“We just want to provide you with the support you need and help you to be safe. The helpline is here to support people who are missing – or thinking of going missing – and their loved ones who are left behind.”

New evidence emerges to suggest that Richey Edwards staged his disappearance
26th January 2019 by Nick Reilly
''But Withdrawn Traces: Searching for the Truth About Richey Manic offers a series of fresh clues that suggest that the guitarist may have carefully planned his disappearance.''

''The new evidence includes previously unreported sightings of Edwards, alongside a long-held fascination with disappearance that he apparently enjoyed since his school days. The book also details an important meeting between Edwards and a woman at Cardiff’s Whitchurch Hospital, who later moved to Israel.''

“The lady cutting his hair said ‘he’s actually living in a kibbutz in Israel, everybody knows’,” Sara says. “As you can imagine it took him aback.

“We gave this theory no particular credence until Rachel raised the same idea – yes Richey had been going on about heading to that part of the world just before he vanished.”

''The book will also detail the mystery of a woman called Vivian – who was the last woman to see Edwards before his disappearance.
“She was in the hotel room with Richey the night before he vanished. But we haven’t been able to track her down.''
GettyImages-85341185_RICHEY_EDWARDS_1000.jpg

Manic Street Preachers’ Richey Edwards disappeared in 1995

Nice to see a new article, thanks..
From link..

12282886.jpg

The front page of the Argus on February 21, 1995

''If anyone has seen Richey Edwards, they are encouraged to contact Missing People anonymously by calling 116 000 or by emailing 116000@missingpeople.org.uk or call the police on 101.

The charity’s helpline is operated by staff and volunteers.

It is free to contact and open 24 hours a day thanks to support from players of People’s Postcode Lottery.

Sightings and information about any missing person can also be given anonymously through the Missing People website at missingpeople.org.uk/sightings''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back