Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to The Guardian, suggesting LE is investigating possible sightings of Richard after the last confirmed sighting:

Richard Okorogheye: no recent activity on phone of missing Londoner, say police

...but there are other key lines of inquiry that we are still actively pursuing,” said Met police superintendent, Danny Gosling.

“In relation to his financial activity, that’s still a valid line of inquiry, and there’s a number of inquiries in and around his laptops, and his computers, which are currently at the laboratory being examined to see whether there’s any other indications, or lines that we can use,” he told reporters on Thursday.

He said officers were also working on establishing the truth behind several local reports that the Oxford Brookes University student had been seen at a nearby road junction shortly after the last confirmed sighting.

This is what some of us here were discussing last night after it began circulating from two people: the makeshift shelter and the person seen near Robin Hood Roundabout.

Last edited:
I can't get his mother's suggestion that he may have gone to meet someone he met online out of my head - of course he is a teenage boy and, like most teenagers, probably didn't talk to his mother about everything going on in his life. I just feel like there is a lot to be said for a mother's instinct - and I guess there must be something that has made her believe that is where he was headed. The other aspect of the case that draws me to this is the distance from his home to the location in Loughton where he was last seen - if he wanted to find a park or open space there are many that would have been closer, even on the outskirts of West London. And also the steps he has seemingly taken to avoid being traced. Speculation of course and JMO. I am really hoping for some good news.

The mother of the missing student Richard Okorogheye has said that she believes the police initially did not take her seriously because of her race.

The 19-year-old, who suffers from sickle cell disease, has not been seen since he left their west London home on 22 March.

She said the police are now giving the case the attention it needs, but fears that they lost vital time by not taking reports of his disappearance seriously at the outset.

Richard Okorogheye’s mother: Police didn’t initially take missing student case seriously due to race

Last edited:
I can't get his mother's suggestion that he may have gone to meet someone he met online out of my head - of course he is a teenage boy and, like most teenagers, probably didn't talk to his mother about everything going on in his life. I just feel like there is a lot to be said for a mother's instinct - and I guess there must be something that has made her believe that is where he was headed. The other aspect of the case that draws me to this is the distance from his home to the location in Loughton where he was last seen - if he wanted to find a park or open space there are many that would have been closer, even on the outskirts of West London. And also the steps he has seemingly taken to avoid being traced. Speculation of course and JMO. I am really hoping for some good news.
Yes, his mother seemed almost sure of that didn't she. Unless it's because she wants to believe he met someone (and, will be coming home)? Easier for her bless her

Yes, his mother seemed almost sure of that didn't she. Unless it's because she wants to believe he met someone (and, will be coming home)? Easier for her bless her
This is what I think, she probably doesn’t want to believe that he’s gone off on his own accord. My heart breaks for her, her only son. I’m really annoyed that it was only channel 4 news that spoke about it tonight.

Richard Okorogheye: Mother of missing student says 'someone was waiting for him'
''The 19-year-old, who has sickle cell disease, left the family home in London on the evening of 22 March and took a taxi to Essex.
1 April 2021 22:07''
''His mother Evidence Joel told Sky News correspondent Ivor Bennett on Thursday: "He's never mentioned such places, that's why I'm very surprised that police said he went to Loughton."

skynews-richard-okorogheye_5324429.jpg

Image: Richard Okorogheye has been missing for over a week. Pic: Met Police

''She added: "I think he went to meet somebody. Definitely. Richard cannot go there. Especially at that time in the morning... someone was waiting for Richard."

Asked if she believed her son met someone online, she added: "I think so. Most definitely."

Ms Joel said he would often play on his PlayStation 5 and that she had heard him laughing and being "very happy" while talking to someone.''

This is what I think, she probably doesn’t want to believe that he’s gone off on his own accord. My heart breaks for her, her only son. I’m really annoyed that it was only channel 4 news that spoke about it tonight.

Exactly my thoughts. I tend to think she is convincing herself that he met someone as it means he could be safe somewhere.

Richard Okorogheye: Mother of missing student says 'someone was waiting for him'
''The 19-year-old, who has sickle cell disease, left the family home in London on the evening of 22 March and took a taxi to Essex.
1 April 2021 22:07''
''His mother Evidence Joel told Sky News correspondent Ivor Bennett on Thursday: "He's never mentioned such places, that's why I'm very surprised that police said he went to Loughton."

skynews-richard-okorogheye_5324429.jpg

Image: Richard Okorogheye has been missing for over a week. Pic: Met Police

''She added: "I think he went to meet somebody. Definitely. Richard cannot go there. Especially at that time in the morning... someone was waiting for Richard."

Asked if she believed her son met someone online, she added: "I think so. Most definitely."

Ms Joel said he would often play on his PlayStation 5 and that she had heard him laughing and being "very happy" while talking to someone.''
Thank you for posting this dotr

He said officers were also working on establishing the truth behind several local reports that the Oxford Brookes University student had been seen at a nearby road junction shortly after the last confirmed sighting.

This is what some of us here were discussing last night after it began circulating from two people: the makeshift shelter and the person seen near Robin Hood Roundabout.

Snipped for focus and BBM.
Hi @MsMiniSleuth,

I did see last night on this thread the mention of a makeshift shelter, but couldn't work out where that information came from, or what is was about.

If you're able to explain where there was mention of it, without violating our TOS, I imagine it'd be interesting to learn about.

Did it perhaps provide hope that Richard is sheltering somewhere and just not wanting to be located right now?

I understand if we can't discuss it within the rules created to keep this site a safe one. And thank you!

Last edited:
Exactly my thoughts. I tend to think she is convincing herself that he met someone as it means he could be safe somewhere.

It seems like the obvious conclusion to come to though as they don’t seem like the actions of somebody who is trying to disappear or end their life. Taking a taxi to a specific location that she can’t connect him to does suggest a meeting was arranged in my opinion.

Just for info, I asked my daughter to see how much an Uber would cost from Ladbroke Grove to Loughton (I don't have the Uber app on my phone). She checked and said £43.00. This was at 5pm, so it would be cheaper later at night.

@Puzzles It wasn't necessarily related as a definite, just someone local had been walking in forest few days before and saw what appeared like a sheet thrown over branches as a kind of shelter. He reported it to police when Loughton then became a focal point. Could easily just be a homeless person, but you never know, and the police do ask for all tips however small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot