Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering how long it would take for Richard's symptoms to impede his ability to move around or be conscious?

So where would a housebound, fed up 19 year old go especially if he was not feeling well?
- The usual- water?

-Would he seek out a place where there would be lots of young people doing active things like play basketball (and he could quietly/discreetly) watch from the rafters?

-Hangout where there are lots of attractive girls, maybe near a school?

-Seek the comfort and silence of sitting in a cemetery, church, or mosque?

-Go to a friend/acquaintance's house and chill, neither caring whether RO was getting sicker or not?

- Stick near to a familiar hospital, or visit other patients he has come to know either at the hospital or their home?

- Seek solace in nature and ventured into the woods?
speculation, imo.

<modsnip> The low was close to freezing that evening not sure the temp when he left the house. Anyway that says to me that he was expecting to be back soon. I wonder if without any money actually means he didn’t take his card. Why’d he take his pouch with just his phone inside? Maybe his phone was stolen (Speculation) when I was robbed it was switched off with 30 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s an only child, so the locked room isn’t anything to do with having siblings.
I’m confused about when he told his mum he was going out to a friend’s. Was this before she went to work, because she came home and assumed he was in his room whilst she cooked and only realised he wasn’t home when she went up to knock on his door. This suggests he told her hours earlier, right?

Was this before she went to work, because she came home and assumed he was in his room whilst she cooked and only realised he wasn’t home when she went up to knock on his door. This suggests he told her hours earlier, right?

His Mum got home at 21.00hrs and was a nurse, so I'd presume she'd be doing 8 hour shifts at a minimum. So, yes, he could've told her before she went to work that morning.

<modsnip>
MOO.

This is really troubling me, I hope he is safe and well somewhere but it doesn’t bode well that he is without his medication does it
I'm no expert but just had a look on the nhs website to understand more about treatment. It says some sufferers take daily penicillin to ward off infections and painkillers for the pain. So from that I dont think not having meds would put him at immediate risk although ofc we dont know about his individual situation. What bothers me more is that it also said sufferers should avoid temperature changes and take care to stay warm otherwise it can be very painful. I hope he is safe and warm somewhere bless him.

His Mum got home at 21.00hrs and was a nurse, so I'd presume she'd be doing 8 hour shifts at a minimum. So, yes, he could've told her before she went to work that morning.

<modsnip>
MOO.
I think the same about her shifts - so he must have told her before she went to work that he was going to see his friend and when she returned, she assumed he’d be home.

There are a few things that seem strange. If it was just him and his mum why lock the door and why did she not shout hello when she came home rather than cook dinner and then realise he was not there. If she was working how was she sure he was shielding and not going out when she was working. What has made her think he was being groomed? Somethings do not seem to add up here.

Do modern internal doors have key holes to lock from the outside?

Last edited:
I've only just heard about this. I'm surprised there are no leads after a week. You'd think there'd be plenty of CCTV in West London and it would be possible to piece together his movements after leaving home. It sounds a bit to me as though LE have failed to regard him as vulnerable (on account of his medical status and his state of mind - 'struggling') because he's a 6-foot-tall, 19yo black kid. Perhaps I'm being cynical.

I wish more credence would be given to parents who insist something is really out of character. It often seems like there's a narrative of missing people, particularly young people, being oblivious to the worry their absence causes ('probably at a mate's house', etc) even when the people who know them best say that's not like them and something is definitely wrong. Anyone who's gone for days without their wallet is in trouble imo - if not when they left then soon after.

I hope that now the tv news media have picked the story up there'll be more progress.

jmo

Wondering how long it would take for Richard's symptoms to impede his ability to move around or be conscious?

So where would a housebound, fed up 19 year old go especially if he was not feeling well?
- The usual- water?

-Would he seek out a place where there would be lots of young people doing active things like play basketball (and he could quietly/discreetly) watch from the rafters?

-Hangout where there are lots of attractive girls, maybe near a school?

-Seek the comfort and silence of sitting in a cemetery, church, or mosque?

-Go to a friend/acquaintance's house and chill, neither caring whether RO was getting sicker or not?

- Stick near to a familiar hospital, or visit other patients he has come to know either at the hospital or their home?

- Seek solace in nature and ventured into the woods?
speculation, imo.

At 8.30 in the evening I think that rules out something like a basketball court, unless it's a gathering place after dark.

I was wondering if the family have a church that they go to in case that's a place Richard would want to visit for some spiritual comfort.

I don't know how ill Richard would be feeling if he'd had his meds that day, I would have thought if he'd been at home that would be less stressful for his body given the Sickle Cell anaemia?

A walk in the park would be something I might crave in his position, just to be out of the house getting fresh air and moving around and also trying to be safe (I noticed the CCTV pic showed Richard wearing his 'covid' mask) and not in a big crowd of people.

One of the videos said that Richard's mum thought he'd just gone to visit a friend who lived on a lower floor in the same building, but I would think he'd have other friends he might go visit and maybe just knock on the door and see if anyone wants a chat in the garden or street?

Wearing the mask makes me think Richard was popping to a shop or an area where he expected to encounter other people. And apparently he was headed in the direction of the local Sainsbury's supermarket.

ADMIN NOTE:

Crimestoppers is worldwide and is certainly allowed at Websleuths.

Accordingly I am linking it again in case there was any confusion.

Crimestoppers London Facebook page

If there is any question as to what is or is not allowed, please ask a Mod or Admin rather than having other members possibly misinterpreting Websleuths social media rules.

No, most definitely not standard in a British home.
Any door that can be locked from outside the room with a key would have to have had a keyhole and lock fitted after moving in. Unless:

A) It is a very old house where this could've been more common in the 1910s to 1950s.
B) Their place was used as a house share with different tenants before they moved in and this is left over from then.

Why was he locking his bedroom door when he left the house....he was an only child who lived with his parents. Why did he not want his parents to go in his room? Did he have something to hide that they wouldn't approve of?

MOO.

There are a few things that seem strange. If it was just him and his mum why lock the door and why did she not shout hello when she came home rather than cook dinner and then realise he was not there. If she was working how was she sure he was shielding and not going out when she was working. What has made her think he was being groomed? Somethings do not seem to add up here.

Not in most buildings. Shared houses would. My neighbour had a lock put on her bedroom door when there was refurbishment happening in our flats, so that she could move the stereo and a few other things into her bedroom and lock the door for the duration of the works as she would be at work during the day and I could only let them in in the morning and lock up when they went home in the afternoon. But I doubt most people would have them.

I've only just heard about this. I'm surprised there are no leads after a week. You'd think there'd be plenty of CCTV in West London and it would be possible to piece together his movements after leaving home. It sounds a bit to me as though LE have failed to regard him as vulnerable (on account of his medical status and his state of mind - 'struggling') because he's a 6-foot-tall, 19yo black kid. Perhaps I'm being cynical.

I wish more credence would be given to parents who insist something is really out of character. It often seems like there's a narrative of missing people, particularly young people, being oblivious to the worry their absence causes ('probably at a mate's house', etc) even when the people who know them best say that's not like them and something is definitely wrong. Anyone who's gone for days without their wallet is in trouble imo - if not when they left then soon after.

I hope that now the tv news media have picked the story up there'll be more progress.

jmo

Completely agree.

I have 3 adult daughters and if the eldest disappeared, I'd panic instantly because for starters I know she'd never cause me unnecessary worry.

My youngest daughter, she'd be missing/uncontactable maybe ... an hour or so, I'd be panicking.

The middle daughter, I'd be concerned straight away as she has complex medical health but she's also A typical middle child and was rebellious and a worry from the minute her first puberty hormone kicked in.

We KNOW our children, we know if we need to worry.

Also, I know @Amonet and I are on the same page on this one - all missing persons are not treated equally and they should be.

No, most definitely not standard in a British home.
Any door that can be locked from outside the room with a key would have to have had a keyhole and lock fitted after moving in. Unless:

A) It is a very old house where this could've been more common in the 1910s to 1950s.
B) Their place was used as a house share with different tenants before they moved in and this is left over from then.

Why was he locking his bedroom door when he left the house....he was an only child who lived with his parents. Why did he not want his parents to go in his room? Did he have something to hide that they wouldn't approve of?

MOO.

My parent's house had doors with key holes which could be locked,but they also had duplicate keys for each door.

He seems a bit old to be groomed online.

IMO, age is not the sole criterion for the predacious grooming of potential victims, online: anyone who appears either particularly vulnerable, or particularly beautiful – as is this young man – is likely more at risk.

And, of course, homosexuals are also tragically targeted.

Last edited:
Completely agree.

I have 3 adult daughters and if the eldest disappeared, I'd panic instantly because for starters I know she'd never cause me unnecessary worry.

My youngest daughter, she'd be missing/uncontactable maybe ... an hour or so, I'd be panicking.

The middle daughter, I'd be concerned straight away as she has complex medical health but she's also A typical middle child and was rebellious and a worry from the minute her first puberty hormone kicked in.

We KNOW our children, we know if we need to worry.

Also, I know @Amonet and I are on the same page on this one - all missing persons are not treated equally and they should be.

I know ,We have for a long time being saying that Leah Croucher has not received the publicity she deserves

IMO, age is not the sole criterion for the predacious grooming of potential victims, online: anyone who appears either particularly vulnerable, or particularly beautiful – as is this young man – is likely more at risk.

And, of course, homosexuals are also tragically targeted.

It also could be possible that a young vulnerable person could be groomed into other activities,such as the story currently being portrayed in Coronation Street.

Joel recalled him saying he was going to visit a friend, although none of them had seen him, telling her to drive safe and that he would “see me later”, she told the website.

She returned home from a nursing shift at around 9pm and assumed he was in his room. She cooked him a meal but found he was not there when she knocked on his door and he did not answer his telephone.

The alarm was raised after a locksmith helped her gain entry to the room which was empty but Richard’s wallet, bus pass and bank card were left behind.

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting 21MIS008134, or they can call 999 in an emergency.

Richard Okorogheye: appeal for help find 'struggling' London student

Richard Okorogheye, 19, was last seen leaving his home in Ladbroke Grove, west London, at around 8.30pm on 22 March. He was reported missing by his family two days later.

Richard Okorogheye: Missing student has chronic condition and was 'struggling to cope' with shielding, mum says

He was seen leaving at 8:30pm was that by his father? Mum returned at 9pm. When did his parents actually speak to him. What was his demeanour like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298