Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

lalalemon

Reaction score
I just read the article on Sky news website and came straight here to look for a thread for Richard.

Does not sound good. His poor mum and dad :(

I hope he is just staying with a friend for a few days, but he doesn't sound like the sort of young man to not be in contact with his mum.

She believes he may have been groomed by someone online who is now "holding him against his will".

"Something went wrong in Richard's room while he was isolating," she said. "Even if Richard had had enough, Richard would not just go and not come back."

Ms Joel and Richard's father Newton Okorogheye have criticised the police's handling of the case, claiming they were not "taken seriously" following his disappearance.

They claim he was not considered "high risk" until he had been missing for six days - despite his health condition.

"I told a police officer that my son was missing, please help me find him, and she said 'if you can't find your son, how do you expect police officers to find your son for you?'" Ms Joel said.

"I was expecting assurance. My son was missing and it broke my heart."

Richard Okorogheye: Missing student has chronic condition and was 'struggling to cope' with shielding, mum says

BBM I hate that this is a global problem.

I wonder why she has the grooming thoughts I wonder did he play video games? Where does it say his phone was switched oft? I wonder which friend he said he was going to meet. That’s quite vague

Sorry for the unintended bolding.
Richard Okorogheye: Fears grow for missing student with sickle cell disease
''Richard Okorogheye, 19, has been shielding throughout the coronavirus pandemic because he has sickle cell disease, which affects how red blood cells work in the body.

His mother, Evidence Joel, said he left the family home in the Ladbroke Grove area on 22 March.

He said he was going to see a friend.

Ms Joel, a nurse, said she returned home from work at about 21:00 GMT and assumed her son - who had only been leaving the house for his regular blood transfusions - was back home and in his bedroom.''

''He is in the first year of a business and IT degree at Oxford Brookes.

The Met said it was "following every lead possible" to find the teenager; speaking with witnesses and examining CCTV.''

There's a good link here for sharing, from Crimestoppers in London.

I would also add a message for those in the vicinity and out a few miles to check CCTV, ensure CCTV from the evening of the 22nd onwards is not wiped/recorded over. To check doorbell camera footage and in-car camera footage, and contact either police or Crimestoppers (number at the link) asap to try and track Richard's movements and get him located and reunited with his family.

It appears, according to the article below, Richard's room was locked, and his mum had a locksmith break in to it.

We don't know if Richard locked his door from the outside, when he left, or from the inside, which would mean he perhaps left by a window.

IMO, it's an odd detail.

If Richard had plans to end his life, why would he lock his room, knowing his mum would need help to enter it?

I can't imagine her anguish as she waited for the locksmith, and the terror and pain she's experiencing through this whole ordeal.

From DM, "... (His mum) returned home from a nursing shift at around 9pm and assumed he was in his room.

Ms Joel cooked him a meal but found he was not there when she knocked on his door and he did not answer his telephone.

The alarm was raised after a locksmith helped her gain entry to the room and he was not there.
Police 'increasingly concerned' for missing London student, 19, with sickle cell disease | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Why would you lock your room living in your parents house? Even having a lock on your room in your parents house is a bit OTT. It's not like living in a house share with people you may not know so well.
It just seems a bit odd to me.....
IMO.

Last edited:
rbbm.
Mum of missing boy, 19, 'wants to hear his voice' as police check his computer
0_Richard-Missing.jpg

''Police have taken Richard's computer and PlayStation 5 which are being checked for possible clues as to how or why he might have disappeared, Ms Joel said.''

''A CCTV image shows Richard leaving Quayside House, the building where he lives with his mum, around 8.30pm. He was wearing all black with a black Nike side bag, is six foot tall and has a slim build.

Ms Joel said the CCTV shows Richard, who is in his first year studying Business and IT at Oxford Brookes University, going in the direction of Ladbroke Grove Sainsbury's on 2 Canal Way.

She has called Richard's mobile phone provider, who confirmed his sim card is active but not in use currently, meaning his phone is switched off.''

"Richard is known to frequent the Westminster and Hammersmith and Fulham areas."

Chief Inspector Clare McCarthy of the Met's Central West Command Unit said: "Our officers have been working tirelessly to locate Richard, using all investigative opportunities and data enquires, speaking with witnesses and trawling CCTV.''

Why would you lock your room living in your parents house? Even having a lock on your room in your parents house is a bit OTT. It's not like living in a house share with people you may not know so well.
It just seems a bit odd to me.....
IMO.

Maybe there's a younger sibling and it's more about keeping Richard's room free from the younger one going in and causing havoc with his belongings, wanting to play on his computer that he uses for study and doesn't want anyt files lost if he leaves the room?

And probably he just locked the door behind him out of habit?

I don't get the feeling there's anything nefarious about it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper