UK UK - Ruth Wilson, 16, Dorking, 27 Nov 1995

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not a problem! Im more than happy to answer questions anytime on police procedure and how things work etc!

I think the idea that Ruth ran away and subsequently came to harm is highly likely. She would have been extremely vulnerable, both by virtue of her age but also because she lived a somewhat sheltered existence. It would have been easy for somebody to take advantage of her, whether by harming her physically or trafficking her etc.

I think the reason IW didn't want to engage is, as you say, because he was scared of the backlash he might receive or the further intrusion into his personal life. The thing is, at this point I think it's well passed that. It's nearly 30 years ago. A little publicity would potentially being about more leads and/or at least push the police into reviewing the case.
Did the police ever check Ruth's library history? Whether she used her own card or someone else's? I don't know if any of this is in the public domain. I've often wondered what compelled her to use the library on the day she disappeared, and whether this could provide an insight into what was preoccupying her.

Did the police ever check Ruth's library history? Whether she used her own card or someone else's? I don't know if any of this is in the public domain. I've often wondered what compelled her to use the library on the day she disappeared, and whether this could provide an insight into what was preoccupying her.
Maybe it was just a convenient, warm, and free place to spend the day where she would not be hassled by anyone and wouldn't have to be in her home. It does look like she planned to disappear and she did buy the flowers to send to her stepmother on that day from a florist that I think was not too far from the library. It is very possible she had it all planned out. Her actions made logical sense to her.

ruths stay with her friend Ben roughly coincides with when she split up with her boyfriend im wondering the 2 things are connected im not suggesting ben and Ruth were anything other than friends but i could certainly understand her boyfriend thinking otherwise

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back