UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I am of the view that it seems less random if she really was attacked on her own doorstep. Someone who wanted to hurt her specifically would, I think, have been prepared to wait, and perhaps could have been there several times to try to come across her. It is somewhat bold and audacious to attack in that location and there would be “easier” random victims in the park or the street.

If it was in the park then I agree more likely to be a random killer (although not impossible she was stalked to there).

In these days of online meet-ups etc and dating/marriage apps anyone can portray themselves to look like someone and then when they are rejected, <modsnip> they could get quite aggressive. So we cannot say if they are compatible or not, but also he could just be the hitman ….I still stand by my idea. Spurned/similar background/definitely known to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
When we get to know the identity of a perp, everything should be clear I guess.
Im really curious who this person is.
Premeditated but amateur crime.
Perp looks anxious, acts sloppy and with bravado.
I think he is mentally disturbed.

Yes, it is hard to read. It seems some kind of premeditation will have gone into it, whether a random killer or known to Sabina, but there seems to be evidence that has been left behind.

I just hope this third arrest results in a charge. If they release this latest suspect without charge then the investigation begins to look haphazard and challengeable by defence lawyers if there ever is a suspect charged in future. Fingers crossed they have him now.

I think she was attacked outside the residence, then taken, possibly in an unconscious state into the park and murdered there.

This is how it has been reported pretty much. Could have just been prowling the area though and she walked out of the flat into his path as it is that close to the park. I thought it was some sort of planned "hit" immediately when it came to light she was attacked outside her flat. But I'm really not so sure now.

He attacks on Astell Road, carries her on his shoulder into and through the park to the One Space community centre. Likely continues his attack there and then tries to conceal the body. Then the cctv footage if it is after the attack which I think it is shows him on Pelger Square so he continued north through the park likely to a vehicle parked somewhere. When you attempt to map it out it does seem planned but it could be that he just planned to attack a woman, any woman.

Thank you. Probably no connection with the other case then. I thought she was born in Milton Keynes so thanks for confirmation of Sandy, Bedfordshire.

What other case?

She may have lived for a time in Sandy, but of the two SN's born in 1992, one was born in MK in June of that year, the other is with the middle name Yasmin and born in the November in Bedford.

She was only in Beds between 2018-20 attending firstly Central Beds College then Bedford Uni. Prior to both between 2011-14 she was at Greenwich Uni in south east London.

This is how it has been reported pretty much. Could have just been prowling the area though and she walked out of the flat into his path as it is that close to the park. I thought it was some sort of planned "hit" immediately when it came to light she was attacked outside her flat. But I'm really not so sure now.

He attacks on Astell Road, carries her on his shoulder into and through the park to the One Space community centre. Likely continues his attack there and then tries to conceal the body. Then the cctv footage if it is after the attack which I think it is shows him on Pelger Square so he continued north through the park likely to a vehicle parked somewhere. When you attempt to map it out it does seem planned but it could be that he just planned to attack a woman, any woman.
But why in this area?
He came by car.
Where from?
There is another park there I read. With more trees and bushes. Why not attack sb there?
I think it was Sabine he was obssessed with.

Exactly. If it was that planned he would have his hood up and a face mask on and no one would have thought anything of it, but it would have made him a lot harder to identify.

But why in this area?
He came by car.
Where from?
There is another park there I read. With more trees and bushes. Why not attack sb there?
I think it was Sabine he was obssessed with.

I'd guess if he lived locally he'd have been identified earlier. But if he came from somewhere else, as you say, why that park? there are loads of other parks to attack people in. We'll find out more at some point, but there are so many unknowns.

I'd guess if he lived locally he'd have been identified earlier. But if he came from somewhere else, as you say, why that park? there are loads of other parks to attack people in. We'll find out more at some point, but there are so many unknowns.

He could possibly work in that area but live somewhere else. Or maybe he had been visiting family in the area. Lots of possibilities.

It is certainly puzzling and has thrown up many theories of some sort of orchestrated attack. I thought it was a random attack initially. Then came multiple arrests so immediately you start thinking it must be planned especially with it happening on her own doorstep.

They have released those first two though and it's really about how significant the "pending further investigation" part is. It could well be the first arrest was the "date", no extension was asked for, so was it just a matter of questioning and confirming he was where he said he was. The second arrest could also have been able to provide an innocent explanation for whatever reason police arrested him, again there was no extension. Could be in the vicinity or even close to the man they have now arrested in some way. Maybe he loaned him his car or was seen with the wanted man moments leading up to the attack but had nothing to actually do with it, this could apply to both arrests of course.

I'm not sure if they had actually had something to do with the crime that they would be released. They surely would represent a flight risk given it's such a heinous crime. It's all down to the wording I suppose and perhaps someone on here with experience of police procedure could provide some insight.

JMO But I think this man was unknown and acting alone. Another sexual predator. But there are so many oddities, like the carrying her over his should for such a distance, possible coke can used as a weapon! Really is impossible to know what to make of it all.
This is my point. If this was just an almost routine questioning of individual A and B, I don‘t think they need to arrest both under the suspicion of murder. Maybe the reporting is dramatised here. Otherwise it would lead me to believe that they have a strong suspicion against one or both individuals but simply not enought evidence to charge. Also, I can‘t find any report stating they have been cleared, just that they have been released „pending further investigation“ which is a weaker statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen