Found Deceased UK - Sally Allan, 59, Ponteland, Northumberland, 26 December 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it wasn't for the witness apparently seeing her later on, I admit, I'd be asking if she really had walked out like that. I'm assuming there is possibly a bit more to this story than we are being told - such as a disagreement - as it doesn't really make much sense. I mean, who just lets their wife walk out into the night in pyjamas if absolutely nothing had been wrong beforehand? MOO

There is a definite CCTV sighting now so no question that she walked away from the home but also no public comment that I've seen on why she might have done that which I agree is odd. Maybe Alzhiemers is involved and for whatever reason they are choosing not to disclose that

Oh dear, I've just seen that they now have CCTV at 6am near the Swing Bridge on Newcastle Quayside, we've been here many times before :notgood:

There's a 2nd facebook group now with this map post

https://www.facebook.com/6827194118...2719411830567/682989535136888/?type=3&theater

That's a lot of walking so I'm wondering what type of shoes Sally is wearing, if she just planned to pop outside it would be slippers or other easy to put on shoes imo, if she planned to just walk off and disappear you'd think she would have put on more sturdy walking type shoes or boots. If we knew which type it was it might help to give an insight into why she's disappeared and maybe suggest somewhere to look.

https://www.facebook.com/6827194118...2719411830567/682989535136888/?type=3&theater

That's a lot of walking so I'm wondering what type of shoes Sally is wearing, if she just planned to pop outside it would be slippers or other easy to put on shoes imo, if she planned to just walk off and disappear you'd think she would have put on more sturdy walking type shoes or boots. If we knew which type it was it might help to give an insight into why she's disappeared and maybe suggest somewhere to look.

And clothes, rather than pyjamas.

Someone who reported a sighting on the Facebook group said she had been wearing walking boots. It was the boots that made that particular lady not too concerned despite her clothing, as she just thought she was out for an early morning walk.

And clothes, rather than pyjamas.

Yes, exactly right, so what was the trigger that made her set off on such a long walk in the middle of the night. I can't tell from the map if she was walking along roads with pavements or other lit up paths but there's no way I'd walk around at that time, I just would be too nervous.

That said though she obviously managed to get at least 10 miles safely. I still keep coming back to thinking about dementia.

If she was wearing slippers they'd have been worn out after that walk, surely she must be wearing proper shoes.

Someone who reported a sighting on the Facebook group said she had been wearing walking boots. It was the boots that made that particular lady not too concerned despite her clothing, as she just thought she was out for an early morning walk.

I'd missed that, thank you, that does make sense but raises more questions. If she's wearing boots she must have been planning to go for a long walk - why? Was she just wanting to go for a walk and something has happened to her on the way, was she actively planning to disappear, did she plan to harm herself?

None of these quite make sense, if it was either of the first two she'd have got dressed properly and if it was the third why walk all the way to Newcastle. Do we know if she could drive or had access to a car?

Dementia is certainly a good possibility. Though I'm thinking more along the lines of it being just the beginning of it, as I would be even more surprised if her husband had not followed her if she already had symptoms or a diagnosis.

The wind is howling outside at the moment. I hope Sally is safe indoors somewhere.

Dementia is certainly a good possibility. Though I'm thinking more along the lines of it being just the beginning of it, as I would be even more surprised if her husband had not followed her if she already had symptoms or a diagnosis.

The wind is howling outside at the moment. I hope Sally is safe indoors somewhere.

On the Facebook page someone asked if she had dementia, and the admin replied not, and that this was totally out of character. Obviously the family may know different, but so far all that is all that has been said about it.

Link to media article about the Facebook group http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sally-allan-search-thousands-people-10661769

Considered Rumor, but I did see the son say she was wearing shoes and not slippers.

The actual words were "Walking trainers"

I can't see this coming out well. It's been cold, wet and windy around here. Walking from Ponteland to the Quayside isn't something middle aged women normally would do at this time of year in the middle of the night. The proximity of the Tyne in this worries me too. I'd be surprised if she wasn't in the river tbh

There is another powerful storm due here too. I hope she is safe and warm somewhere, but I don't feel good about this

There is another powerful storm due here too. I hope she is safe and warm somewhere, but I don't feel good about this

Me neither. Gut feeling is suicide, sadly. Had enough, walked out, didn't care she was in her jimjams on a stormy night.

I see the famed British reticence and stiff upper lip going on here. The family is most likely aware of what has potentially happened, and why, but won't publicly release that information. It's just not done. I'm pretty sure this isn't a walk-away or an abduction. I do feel Sally will be found in water with a Coroner's verdict of misadventure.

The family's public reaction/media response is exactly what *my* family's response would be. "It's a private matter." JMO.

I see the famed British reticence and stiff upper lip going on here. The family is most likely aware of what has potentially happened, and why, but won't publicly release that information. It's just not done. I'm pretty sure this isn't a walk-away or an abduction. I do feel Sally will be found in water with a Coroner's verdict of misadventure.

The family's public reaction/media response is exactly what *my* family's response would be. "It's a private matter." JMO.

I totally see why they would do that but they've set up such a successful public campaign to find her that it doesn't seem fair to potential searchers not to be fully honest about possible reasons for a disappearance. People really want to help with the search and are happy to give their time but if the police actually need more divers it's not right to let people go out looking imo

I can't see this coming out well. It's been cold, wet and windy around here. Walking from Ponteland to the Quayside isn't something middle aged women normally would do at this time of year in the middle of the night. The proximity of the Tyne in this worries me too. I'd be surprised if she wasn't in the river tbh

Sadly I agree with you about the river but I'm still hoping that the very unusual act of walking 10 miles to get there means that maybe there is some other explanation but I really can't think where she might be to have managed to remain hidden for so many days.

If she was out in the open last night during the high winds we had here, then I have very little hope for her. Unfortunately I agree the river is the most likely explanation, though if she intended to enter it she could've done so when she first reached the river rather than walking further down the quayside (at least as far as the Swing Bridge). With all that walking, she could've collapsed from exhaustion if she just never stopped, but who is to know where that could be?

I think she'd be suseptible to hypothermia if she had walked all that way. I'm trying to work out why someone would walk from Ponteland to Newcastle Quayside in the pyjamas in the middle of the night. None of the thoughts I have are good tbh.

Me neither. Gut feeling is suicide, sadly. Had enough, walked out, didn't care she was in her jimjams on a stormy night.

Yes, I get that feeling too, sadly. Either suicide, or an accident following a sudden getting away from the house in a bad frame of mind. I'm sure she would have contacted her children by now, if she was able too.

I think that something is missing and I can understand why the family might want to keep private matters, private. However, I do think that with a search like this, search areas might differ if the exact reason was known. For example, storming out after a row would make me think to search near home, whereas dementia might make me think that a person could have wandered further away. An abusive relationship (just an example, NOT suggesting its the case here) would make me think someone had packed a bag and perhaps had plans to get further away. So knowing exactly why someone had left like this, and knowing their frame of mind, could well affect where people search. That said, I'm sure the police know everything and are coordinating professional searches as per the information they have.

Just my opinion.

They now have boats out searching the River

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper