Found Deceased UK - Sally Allan, 59, Ponteland, Northumberland, 26 December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A few things stand out for me.

Her husband stated that when he saw her at 3:00am he assumed she was just going downstairs for water or a cup of tea. When she didn't come back to bed he thought she'd just gone to stay in the guest room. Why? I find this strange at best. It leaves me wondering if they often slept apart (and if so why?), did they quarrel that night and perhaps she found something out/ something triggered her enough and upset her so much that she grabbed her jacket and boots and headed off with the intention to take her life.

Like others here I see a woman walking with great determination in that video. I am left wondering if she kept walking until she found the courage to jump into that icy cold river. I surely hope not, but I sadly suspect that's what she did. MOO.

In the slower apparently "real time" video she doesn't look as determined or purposeful in her walking, though she does seem to know where she is heading rather than wandering aimlessly.

BIB, yes, good point. But I suppose we only have the departure time of 3.10am being quoted by the police because they have looked at the later timings of Sally, en route, and have worked backwards, time wise, and taken the last sighting of Sally, by her husband, as her departure time from her home.
But, it could be possible that Sally did not leave until perhaps 20 minutes or so later - so 3.30am - by which time her husband could have gone back to sleep. Having said that, she does seem to have been fully aware of what she was doing, fleece, jacket and boots put on, so no doubt she would also take care to close the door quietly, so as not to wake her husband.

Yes, she could well have gone and had a drink first. Also I've not seen their house but the Mail (of course lol) have quoted the value as £400,000, so maybe it was a big house where he might not have heard the door shut if he fell back to sleep.

A few things stand out for me.

Her husband stated that when he saw her at 3:00am he assumed she was just going downstairs for water or a cup of tea. When she didn't come back to bed he thought she'd just gone to stay in the guest room. Why? I find this strange at best. It leaves me wondering if they often slept apart (and if so why?), did they quarrel that night and perhaps she found something out/ something triggered her enough and upset her so much that she grabbed her jacket and boots and headed off with the intention to take her life.

BIB I had the impression that he had gone straight back to sleep and didn't miss her till he woke up in the morning.

I agree with other posters that there's nothing unusual about people sleeping apart for practical reasons. It's also quite usual for someone who isn't sleeping to get up, and then go to another bed to avoid disturbing their partner.

In the slower apparently "real time" video she doesn't look as determined or purposeful in her walking, though she does seem to know where she is heading rather than wandering aimlessly.

I was referring to the real time video.

One more thought: Sally only appears to be swinging her left arm in the video. Her right arm holds fairly steady by her right side. This tells me she might be holding something in her right hand that means something. She keeps it close to her body. In fact, her right side stays fairly rigid while the left seems more fluid. If she had a stroke and lost use of her right arm, this could explain it, but there has been no mention of a recent stroke, unless one happened that evening. MOO.

Thinking that Sally's hip may have been sore. Hand held down to the right to keep hip/joint warm and to " squeeze " inflammation, left arm swinging to the front, helping to keep balance and momentum.
imo, speculation.

Countdown star Rachel Riley has appealed to her Twitter followers to help find a friend's mum who has not been seen since Boxing Day.

Mum of three Sally Allan, 59, left her £400,000 home at 3am on December 26 and was last seen at Newcastle Quayside - an 11 mile walk in total - at 6.10am.

At the time of her disappearance she is believed to have been wearing pink pyjamas, a cream fleece and a cream waterproof jacket.

Television presenter Rachel has now pleaded with her 399,000 followers on Twitter to spread the word about her disappearance.

She wrote: "Please RT spread this far and wide - a friend’s Mum is missing from Newcastle since Boxing Day."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/countdown-star-rachel-riley-helps-7105736

All the houses in Darrass Hall are big. It's a very rich estate in the North East of England. Premier league footballers live on the estate. It might be normal for her to get up in the night if she is menopausal, if he snores, if she just is a light sleeper etc. It may be that he woke briefly as she was getting out of bed and presumed that she was just going for a cup of tea.

The weather has been awful over the past 24 hours. Lots of rain, quite windy, quite cold. I honestly can't see how she will survive in these elements if she is in the open. I would be very surprised if she wasn't hypothermic if she's still outdoors. It really is a puzzle that she has just "disappeared" and the river keeps drawing me back. I keep thinking she's in the river and it's just a matter of time until she's found.

IIRC one of the relatives (daughter?) stated early on that she has an off gait, with one arm swinging more pronounced. JMO

Cant put the link up here as it is FB, but I would direct your attention to the site, where someone ( TT ) has posted - about an hour ago now - a few very good pics of the area where Sally was last seen on cctv. Gives indications of where Sally might have walked, after the cctv footage ends.

Wonder if she was afflicted with Sundowning Syndrome?

http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/guide/manage-sundowning

I was going to mention the same thing. Sundowning.
My aunt, in the early stages of her alzheimers, would try to head out the front door to take off for wherever.

My cousin who was caring for her at the time used to have to put locks way up on the door so she couldn't leave.
It seemed to happen around 7pm.

Sadly, I don't think she could really have had a clear mind at the moment she set off, basically due to the fact she went in her pyjamas. I can imagine she wouldn't normally go past the garden gate dressed in her night clothes.
She'd more than likely cooked Christmas dinner for all of her family that day, cleared it all up afterwards (obviously others probably helped) had maybe four - five hours sleep then done that three hour, 11 mile power walk. Unless she took a bottle of water with her then she won't have had anything to drink either. She must have been exhausted on that CCTV at 6am, poor lady.
The police said they lost sight of her near the swing bridge. If this is the red and white bridge, it's quite a way past the Copthorne hotel where she was seen on the CCTV, would that camera capture her right down there. Maybe there was other footage further down but possibly it wasn't very clear. So she could have either turned left just before the bridge, walked over the bridge, or walked straight on down the river side. I just hope they find her sooner than later.

Cant put the link up here as it is FB, but I would direct your attention to the site, where someone ( TT ) has posted - about an hour ago now - a few very good pics of the area where Sally was last seen on cctv. Gives indications of where Sally might have walked, after the cctv footage ends.

I've only seen one site, the search4sally. Is there another one please?

I personally don't find her arm swinging odd, as my own do, they always have done when I'm walking at a pace. Just today while out walking, quite quickly with the dogs, I had leads in right hand, not moving, and my left swinging. I hope people don't look at me and think it's weird lol

Is this the site you have seen? Or do you mean a different search4sally?

https://www.facebook.com/Search-4-Sally-by-North-East-Happening-682719411830567/?fref=photo

This one is called Search 4 Sally by North East Happening.

Thank you, yes, this is the one I have seen. Alyce mentions recent pics posted of the area Sally was last seen. I couldn't see them on there so thought there was maybe another one. I'm still no wiser though. Thank you.

Ah, sorry Alyce, just seen your post above. Ok, I'll go back and have another look for them.

There is a facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077979442226336/

and a worrying post from a CP, sadly like a lot of missing people around the Newcastle area there is a possible link to the Tyne.

Let's hope that a new day will bring good news though

Bringing this post forward.

I don't have facebook and this looks to be a Group.

Is this the second facebook for Sally?

The other facebook link I could look at even without a facebook, this one I cannot.

[video=twitter;683262397637914629]https://twitter.com/search4sally/status/683262397637914629[/video]

The Twitter account #search4sally is asking everyone to use this hashtag #search4sally.

I'm still praying hard. Sally, wherever you are, my thoughts are with you and I hope you are warm and safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back