UK - Sarah Albone, 39, missing since Christmas, body found, Bedfordshire, 26 Feb 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The body of a woman who had not been seen for three months was found hidden in a suitcase in a wheelie bin at the back of her home, a court heard.

Sarah Albone, who had multiple sclerosis, had been the victim of a “frenzied and horrific attack” by Matthew Waddell, who had been in a “toxic relationship” with her, Luton Crown Court was told.

After murdering her and dumping her remains in the bin, Waddell is alleged to have told the 38-year-old's family and friends she was receiving treatment at a hospital in London and could not be contacted.

He sent text messages from Ms Albone's mobile phone, used her bank card and sold her belongings, the jury was told as the case opened on Wednesday.

Waddell, 35, denies murdering the mother-of-three at her home in Winston Crescent, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, between 20 November last year and 26 February.

Scenes of Crime Officers found the purple suitcase wrapped in industrial cling film under the remains of a carpet in the bin. Ms Albone was found in her pyjamas, the court heard.

Her cause of death was airway obstruction caused by catastrophic injuries to her head. She also had broken ribs and injuries to her body.

The court was told it was believed Ms Albone, who had multiple sclerosis, was attacked in her bedroom towards the end of November, possibly while getting out of bed.

The attack included stamping, kicking, punching and possible use of a weapon, the jury heard.

Biggleswade murder trial hears man hid partner's body in suitcase - BBC News

All summer in a bin.

You would have thought someone would have noticed the smell, but then again, you can expect a bin to stink.

Police probably missed it when they did a house search after she was reported missing. Not great, but then they're looking for a person, or at worst a hanging in the garage or a slip and fall behind the shed. An old bin piled with old carpet probably got a quick lift of the lid if that.

Awful lot going on here.

BBC News - Biggleswade: Man killed partner after years of abuse, court told

Giving evidence, Mr Waddell said one night in late November she started shouting at him when he went downstairs.
He told the jury: "It was like a curtain came down. It is a feeling like you would not believe. You literally go numb. You stop feeling."

Asked by his barrister Naeem Mian KC why he did not leave her, he said: "Because I loved her and wanted it to work. No matter how many times I left . How many times she kicked me out. We got back together all the time."

"I loved her. I was actually in love with the woman. Every time we broke up she said she needed me," he added.
He said after her death he "felt free".

He told Luton Crown Court that on the night of the attack, Ms Albone, 38, came downstairs and began to shout at him.

He said he snapped after suffering from "years of abuse" from 5ft 1in-tall Ms Albone, who had multiple sclerosis.

”It was like a curtain came down. It is a feeling like you would not believe. You literally go numb. You stop feeling," said Waddell. (…)

Waddell said he went to the shop to buy beers and to a friend where he got some cocaine, but he said he was destroyed after she died and did not sleep for over a week.

Biggleswade: Matthew Waddell guilty of body-in-suitcase murder​

The jury heard the couple first met in November 2020, with Ms Albone becoming dependent on him due to her MS and a neurological disorder.
She ended the relationship in January the following year because she felt he was emotionally controlling, Mr Mulgrew said.
He would return to her home repeatedly, the court heard, and ignored his bail conditions when he was arrested for harassment.
"He had developed an obsession and could not accept she would not be part of his life," said the prosecutor.
She reported him for assault in December 2021 and in a statement she catalogued his controlling and aggressive behaviour towards her, the court heard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic
Back