UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I used to live in Bromley (Kent) and it took 15 minutes to get a train from Bromley South station into central London. Probably quicker now.

I think any connection to Kent anyone she knew might have is irrelevant. It's perfectly feasible for him to live in Kent and work in London.

Yes. Co

agreed but why not get him and keep him if you can

Well it all depends. It may be that he is not involved in SE's disappearance and is released without charge. If the police are unable to gather sufficient evidence at speed for the CPS to authorise charge, then he will either be released under investigation or on police (pre-charge) bail (subtle differences between the two).

There is a maximum potential detention period of 96 hours before they have to charge or release. This is why people can sometimes be released under police investigation....e.g. Lucy Letby.

Last edited:
Correct me if I've missed something, but we don't actually know the time her phone wen't dead. News reports from places like Daily Mail give the impression it was soon after the BF phone call but don't actually confirm that.

"Sarah spoke to her boyfriend on the phone for around 15 minutes, just before 9:30pm.

Friend Rose Woollard said her phone signal was last picked up last near Clarence Avenue, between her home and where she had left from."​

IMO, Her phone being close to Clarence Avenue could link with a visit to Poynders Court - and the phone could have been on for some time before losing contact with the phone mast. Which could help explain her entering the flats willingly.

Does anyone know - if your phone is missing/destroyed/dead and the location of it is unknown - is there any way to access whatsapp messages/other apps on the phone? If there is a theory that the PO is known to her/she planned to stop off on her way home, surely there'd be some planning messages about it/a call?

I know if you have a Mac and an Iphone your iMessages can sync to your computer, and you can also use web whatsapp - but i'm not sure if your phone has to be in a certain proximity to the computer to work... Just wondering if there is any way of the police being able to see messages on her phone via social media or whatsapp even if they don't have the phone...

Even google maps searches would be useful - I just don't know if the police can access that in a case like this and am curious to know!

Whatsapp is encrypted, but can be accessed via a password or synced through another device.

For example, she could have two phones and the WhatsApp come through on both or someone close to her may know her passwords to enable the police to look into it.

Other apps like google or iMessage etc will be stored on the cloud and is pretty accessible to those that know how to access it.

Yes. Co

agreed but why not get him and keep him if you can

Well it all depends on whether he is not involved in anything sinister, or the speed at which the police can find suffucient evidence for the CPS to authorise a charge.

There is a maximum potential detention period of 96 hours before they have to charge or release. This is why people can sometimes be released under police investigation....e.g. Lucy Letby.

Do find it notable that there is STILL police presence at Poynders Court this morning. Could suggest

* police believe this was the abduction site
* evidence that Sarah has been/was found in one of the flats
* the arrested individual lives at Poynders Court

Well it all depends on whether he is not involved in anything sinister, or the speed at which the police can find suffucient evidence for the CPS to authorise a charge.

Dear @whitehall1212 I believe it is possible to be verified as a former police officer by websleuths. It might encourage people to take what you are saying as having legitimate authority.

Good morning all,

Are MET officers armed ?
I struggle to believe the police officer is the one who harmed her but maybe someone close to him stole his firearm and he tried to protect that person by hiding it. I’m just trying to make sense of that news!

Sorry if that has been already said by someone.

No, British police are routinely unarmed

Yes there are firearms units. Note 'units'. There aren't lone armed coppers, and weapons are checked in and out with every shift. No way would the theft of a weapon from one officer within the unit go unnoticed

(Not claiming any expertise here - just a Londoner. This is British policing 101, and from here seems so basic that it doesn't need a source!)

Good morning all,

Are MET officers armed ?
I struggle to believe the police officer is the one who harmed her but maybe someone close to him stole his firearm and he tried to protect that person by hiding it. I’m just trying to make sense of that news!

No, only special units are armed and they do not work alone

Hi new here so don't know whether anyone already said same but could it not be she has been run over, been in an accident with police officer arrested? She did have headphones on? If he has been off duty maybe, driving too fast etc

This would also explain the other person arrested, maybe a wife or colleague, maybe he had been drinking etc. Moved her body to somewhere and left her thinking someone would find her and ring ambulance? Just thinking out loud

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Are MET officers armed ?

This is highly unlikely. Fewer than 10% are armed and officers do not keep their firearms once they are off duty. If they were an armed police officer it's very likely they would be double crewed.

No, British police are routinely unarmed

Yes there are firearms units. Note 'units'. There aren't lone armed coppers, and weapons are checked in and out with every shift. No way would the theft of a weapon from one officer within the unit go unnoticed

(Not claiming any expertise here - just a Londoner. This is British policing 101, and from here seems so basic that it doesn't need a source!)

Thank you for explaining. Sorry if I sounded ignorant my knowledge of policing is basically what I can see on TV. Not good then.

Lets take a moment to remember the police officers who took selfies with the dead bodies of women who had been murdered in June of last year.

They were also Met police officers.

Sorry for tone, but feeling pretty angry this morning and disappointed in humanity. Whether the guy was on duty or off duty, if he is guilty, then whether he knew her or not, he has a duty to protect the public.

Met officers could face charges over photos from scene of fatal stabbings

Keep in context the Met police has 44,000+ officers.

Ive been following the updates in this post as its very close to where one of my good friends lived! Really sad to see all this happening.

I wonder if the CCTV lead to them seeing a Police unit in the area and then trying to find the whereabouts of that Officer?

In London I have worked on projects that enabled us to witness what a CCTV centre looks like. In situations like this they can access a wider use of cameras. One I remember quite well was outside of London in Cleethorpes - a man was stabbed on a night out and the footage they used was from a ticket machine in a car park that witnessed the suspect running into a phone booth.

The TFL cameras are just an extremely small part of what they have, if anything I wouldn't be surprised if they dont even use them for these investigations and have another much more high definition version available. London is covered everywhere!

Just to note : Its not unusual for officers to be on their own in the cars, my friend left the Police force because he was being increasingly sent on jobs alone in the car. One event lead him to being sent to a normal house call and ended with him hitting his panic button as he was stood alone with a man and a knife in front of him. Although London I suspect is a lot more strict on 2 officers in a car due to crime levels.

Sounds to me like she willingly got in a car with someone. If she had been forced it’s more likely someone would have seen or heard something....risky strategy on a busy road.

So maybe someone she knew or someone who appeared trustworthy. With the recent address it sounds like the latter. So a police officer either on duty in a marked car which is unlikely. Off duty in their own car but possibly in uniform. Other possibility is off duty in a marked police car, I’m thinking dog handlers who take marked police cars home with them?.

What i find odd is if this is a predatory abduction under false pretences, you would have to know your vehicle will be all over CCTV before and after, and which will also show where you went?

Somehow I don't buy this idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members